hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

Online Dating

I feel like I've reached a milestone. I got my first dickpic.

I had a weird thing happen today. I had a message from someone with no pics. I thought I'd be not-ok with this but I actually had a different reaction. They have a well filled out profile, with a lot of interesting info about them and plenty of questions answered. I feel like I at least have enough info to go on even without the pics. It's actually quite nice to think that I might get to know someone without a concern for what they look like.

Ask for pic when you'll get to messaging via anything other than dating service.

No pic means either they're a creep/not who they claim to be or they have no self-esteem and are afraid to show their faces. Both are terrible dating material.

Since me & gf split up, I tried to have a go at Tinder. 5 prostitutes later, managed to get a match. We texted a bit last night, really interesting. Today need to get a profile pic because I'm p. sure I won't get anywhere without one vOv

@Venec - yeah, probably, or they just don't want their picture plastered on the internet, where it is to stay
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I have terrible luck with these sites, including tinder, either nobody in the vicinity, no reply to a simple 'hi', or following a short chat and 3 days of silence they delete the account. It's like I'm giving them bubonic plague over the internet or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    I have terrible luck with these sites, including tinder, either nobody in the vicinity, no reply to a simple 'hi', or following a short chat and 3 days of silence they delete the account. It's like I'm giving them bubonic plague over the internet or something.
    I've tried okc and the entire experience was underwhelming to say the least. I didnt think I could have less sucess than irl but I learn something new every day...

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Since me & gf split up, I tried to have a go at Tinder. 5 prostitutes later, managed to get a match. We texted a bit last night, really interesting. Today need to get a profile pic because I'm p. sure I won't get anywhere without one vOv

@Venec - yeah, probably, or they just don't want their picture plastered on the internet, where it is to stay
    You had no picture, on TINDER, and you wondered why you only matched with prostitutes?

I have terrible luck with these sites, including tinder, either nobody in the vicinity, no reply to a simple 'hi',
    I've gotten about 20 people saying "hi" in the past four days. I've filled out a detailed profile, with plenty of info to go on. It's not that hard to put some effort into trying to start a conversation, especially if I have info about my interests available. If you say just "Hi" I'm going to look at your profile and unless you look really interesting I'm not going to respond. There's literally no point in starting a conversation with someone putting in zero effort, because the conversation will be turgid.

Other pro-tips. If someone has info listed saying they're not looking for NSA sex, going straight to sex talk is fucking moronic. Similarly, if I have it listed that I want to get to know you for a while, why are you asking me out on a date straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    I have terrible luck with these sites, including tinder, either nobody in the vicinity, no reply to a simple 'hi',
    I've gotten about 20 people saying "hi" in the past four days. I've filled out a detailed profile, with plenty of info to go on. It's not that hard to put some effort into trying to start a conversation, especially if I have info about my interests available. If you say just "Hi" I'm going to look at your profile and unless you look really interesting I'm not going to respond. There's literally no point in starting a conversation with someone putting in zero effort, because the conversation will be turgid.

Other pro-tips. If someone has info listed saying they're not looking for NSA sex, going straight to sex talk is fucking moronic. Similarly, if I have it listed that I want to get to know you for a while, why are you asking me out on a date straight away?
    I had a pretty detailed profile filled out, never said just hi in my opening message and i got 1 reply out of 15. 0 dates. After that I just went fuck it and nuked my profile, literally no point in losing my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

I had a pretty detailed profile filled out, never said just hi in my opening message and i got 1 reply out of 15. 0 dates. After that I just went fuck it and nuked my profile, literally no point in losing my time.
    ur mien bby!
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

ur mien bby!

My experience has been pretty much identical. Unless I'm willing to drastically lower my standards internet dating is a waste of time.

I would go out with you bby, full homo

She has 20 or 100 other guys pestering her. Your 'hi' is great way to filter yourself out.

or following a short chat and 3 days of silence
    You should ask them about meeting in like third message.

they delete the account.
    Those could be guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    My experience has been pretty much identical. Unless I'm willing to drastically lower my standards
    Do it. Pics often can lower girls' HB by 2 points at least.

I suppose I can chalk up a fair bit to the fact i don't have a decent pic of myself anywhere. And I look fairly awful on camera too, with really rare exceptions over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    She has 20 or 100 other guys pestering her. Your 'hi' is great way to filter yourself out.
    An attractive female friend showed me her tinder matches and it was hundreds of guys. And those were only the ones she swiped right...
    Psychedelic Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

You had no picture, on TINDER, and you wondered why you only matched with prostitutes?
    Had pic, just not of my face

I'm still reluctant to have my pic posted on the internets ever since I've started using it. Call it paranoia, but don't even have such pics on stalkbook either, and there I only mostly have RL friends in my list
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaot1c View Post
    An attractive female friend showed me her tinder matches and it was hundreds of guys. And those were only the ones she swiped right...

Anyway, as I said, guy on top of looks, have to also show some wits, just to make girls to notice him.
    Last edited by Mona; January 27 2015 at 01:58:44 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Having never been on a date, I'm thinking online dating isn't a good place to start.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Anyway, as I said, guy on top of looks, guy have to show some wits, just to make girls to notice him.
    And at least in my case the reward/effort ratio is far too low to keep trying. Then on the other hand you have people who have great success with online dating. Shit happens v0v