hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180187188189190191 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3810

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

Pretty sure almost nobody knows how the witcher 3 ends. Maybe you'll find out.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I finished the Witcher 3's main story line and started with the expansion some time ago.

100% on everything however...

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    So?

Witcher 3?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Transport Fever 2?

What should I get?
    I have all those bought so that should tell you something.

How’s Kingdom Come?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    How’s Kingdom Come?
    On the game pass zo id just try it out tbh.

It's alright, plenty people love it. Keep in mind there is nothing you can do about how hopelessly idiotic the mc is in cutscenes and it sometimes forces you into dumb situations that make no sense. Otherwise it's p good.
    Last edited by Isyel; December 27 2019 at 05:50:00 PM.

Fair assessment. KCD is pretty good, but the combat mechanics are obtuse as fuck. Just go maces and fuck everything else.

Or you know, train with some who knows how to, filthy peasant?? As you're told.

Mordhau has very similiar combat mechanics and everyone praises it as best sharp and/or pointy sticks fun since Jedi Academy. At the same time everyone shits on this game because they didn't go and train given the opportunity during main quests, which, and only then, unlocks all systems and mechanics. Best advice I can give to will make you enjoy the game much more - realise you are in the begining peasant's offspring from bumfuck nowhere. Not a dragonborn, not a farmer pilot that can use force, not a mutant monster hunter with amnesia that cares. You're a peasant flinging shit at someone's house because he's german. Start with that mindset and develop as game goes and you will love it.

Kinda figured, yeah. Whole point of the game seems to be that you’re not a mythic badass, just a regular bohemian peasant.

Not just about the training, that's telegraphed pretty well. But combos etc. rarely if ever work because every bandit is somehow a top-tier swordsman, and the moves themselves are clunky and often end up being different from the strike you intended. Mace and shield beats all no matter what the armour, everything else is subpar.

They might have improved things since I played about a year or so ago, but the hate for the combat has never been just about the training.

Barotrauma is on sale... It really is quite enjoyable.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; December 28 2019 at 01:17:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Or you know, train with some who knows how to, filthy peasant?? As you're told.

Mordhau has very similiar combat mechanics and everyone praises it as best sharp and/or pointy sticks fun since Jedi Academy. At the same time everyone shits on this game because they didn't go and train given the opportunity during main quests, which, and only then, unlocks all systems and mechanics. Best advice I can give to will make you enjoy the game much more - realise you are in the begining peasant's offspring from bumfuck nowhere. Not a dragonborn, not a farmer pilot that can use force, not a mutant monster hunter with amnesia that cares. You're a peasant flinging shit at someone's house because he's german. Start with that mindset and develop as game goes and you will love it.
    Lmao. Get off it.

Did the training, combat still feels meh. It's just not actually great feeling is all. And no it feels nothing like those games.

Also you can become disgustingly overpowered in no time iirc. It's just not a satisfying game combat gameplay wise.

The most hilarious thing for me though was the dirty clothes mechanic. Slapped on for "realism" with zero actual sense. Oh just washed all your clothes, walk 100m up a road and you're covered in mud top to bottom even though it was dry? Sure game, very "realistic". No I'm not exaggerating either. I wonder if this has been changed since in any significant manner.

It's absolutely still worth a go and an enjoyable game, but drop the fucking youtube comment attitude jfc. The fans are easily the worst thing about this game mind.
    Last edited by Isyel; December 28 2019 at 05:36:40 AM.

I remember KCD's combat mostly becoming a QTE once the trainer teaches you the riposte.

Got Disco Elysium (thanks to Steam vouchers) & Starpoint Gemini: Warlords so far. Might snag a few more heavily discounted games before sale ends.

I did longsword in KCD because it's badass. Also there was a mod to balance the combat out.

I stated with Axe, and the moment I got my hands on a Mace I stuck with it.
    It's Rock, Rock, Scissors.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

I stated with Axe, and the moment I got my hands on a Mace I stuck with it.
    It's Rock, Rock, Scissors.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Get Domina. Game's good.

Bought on release date just because of soundtrack.

Outward is cheap, and damn good so far. Could use a co-op partner tho.

Half-Life series now free to play until launch of Half-Life: Alyx!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/546...70492881722385