hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 186 of 189 FirstFirst ... 86136176183184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 3761

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I think I just answered my own question while reading Lachesis' post but...

I always took tower defence to be a shitty mobile game thing. Does it have merit and what would be a good example of the genre to try out?
    I think it has merit. But I enjoy turtling as an RTS strategy, so designing a base and fortifications is an innately satisfying core gameplay loop for me. That said, I haven’t played many tower defense games. This one is really quite good, though: it has a lot of the same logistics gameplay as factorio (which everyone knows is a black hole of a game), and the tower-defense-waves-of-enemy mechanic and level structure give a challenge and purpose to the design beyond simply crafting things.

And obv factorio has optional enemies but the mechanics of how they’re triggered and the open map structure make things pretty different.

As an aside, this game started on mobile, but was pretty well reworked for PC (judging by the wiki).
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; October 3 2019 at 04:13:37 PM.

If you like such turtle/wave RTS, you've played They Are Billions, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

It’s on the wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    If you like such turtle/wave RTS, you've played They Are Billions, right?
    did a "Try before I buy" and decided not to buy it.
    It felt quite shallow. Dissapointed.

Is that based on Survival 700%+ (no pause) gameplay, and unit balance/viability within that?

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Is that based on Survival 700%+ (no pause) gameplay, and unit balance/viability within that?
    Difficulty is not the same as depth. TAB hasn't managed to grab me so far either. I did buy it and played it a few times but it hasn't clicked so far. Will probably try out Mindustry at some point in the near future, looks nice.

I'm still not getting what you are exactly meaning. Only at higher difficulty does it become required to understand the tradeoffs between tech choices & expansion strategies (i.e. dealing with your first mutant with/without a shocking tower, which foundry troop choices you can produce sufficient of to clear and/or defend waves given your restricted expansion options, or even which wonder to consider actually using to counter map resource rng).
    If that's what you meant then sure, but if you haven't encountered these nuances yet, how can you write off a lack of depth? And again I'd say there's a problem with balance atm that reduces the viable options, which effectively reduces depth of tactics.

Take it what it is, they don't enjoy the particular type of "depth" the game goes for, while you do.

"Depth" is incidentally an awful review buzzword that means fuck all really without tons of elaboration but whatever. :P

Warhammer40k: Mechanicus is currently on sale on GoG
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Not really a "sale", but archive.org published another batch of old games, playable in a browser. E.g. WipeOut, The Secret of Monkey Island, Ultima Underworld – The Stygian Abyss, Wizardry VII – Crusaders of the Dark Savant.

Internet Archive announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Not really a "sale", but archive.org published another batch of old games, playable in a browser. E.g. WipeOut, The Secret of Monkey Island, Ultima Underworld – The Stygian Abyss, Wizardry VII – Crusaders of the Dark Savant.

Internet Archive announcement
    Ultima Underworld is amazing.
    For me, the spell casting system was always the ultimate

UWII was even better.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Paradox Interactive Sale on Steam until the 21st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Think 30 bucks is still too much for the Btech season pass, but ill grab it all the same i guess.

On the fence about Stellaris Megacorps, ive never really gotten into the game proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    CK2 free to play on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    I got this and it's fucking awesome. Everyone should play it so they can remember what sound design in video games is. Amazing game, thanks for posting the sale.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    I got this and it's fucking awesome. Everyone should play it so they can remember what sound design in video games is. Amazing game, thanks for posting the sale.
    I didnt know about this game until I randomly caught someone streaming it on Twitch; haven't played it myself but does indeed looks p. damn gud and on my wishlist for when I have more time
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Was thinking about picking up Prison Architect, but it seems to currently be review bombed.

Are people just upset about the (optional) Paradox email prompt and the GDPR reminders or is it something else?
    Last edited by Boltorano; October 20 2019 at 12:26:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    CK2 free to play on Steam
    Apparently it’s not just free to play during the sale, it’s free to play permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Was thinking about picking up Prison Architect, but it seems to currently be review bombed.

Are people just upset about the (optional) Paradox email prompt and the GDPR reminders or is it something else?
    GDPR doesnt do "reminders", either you are GDPR compliant i.e. users can opt out of data sharing without losing access to the product, or you arent. Someone correct me if i got that wrong.

Spoiler:
    Wiki: A data controller may not refuse service to users who decline consent to processing that is not strictly necessary in order to use the service. (Article 7(4))

I havent heard anything about it tho, it seems like a pretty great (and complete) game.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 20 2019 at 01:38:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    GDPR doesnt do "reminders", either you are GDPR compliant i.e. users can opt out of data sharing without losing access to the product, or you arent.
    The new Paradox launcher has 3 separate pop-ups the first time you use it. People are learning about all the various types of data Paradox is logging now that GDPR requires them to make it obvious. There were a bunch of people complaining on Steam claiming they were "changing the license after the purchase".