hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 97 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3625

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    I caved in and got me Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. Never played Dark Souls at all. Expect to die a lot.

Since I think it was designed to be played with a controller I just ordered my first controller (Xbox 360) after my last SNES-Controller. This will get... interesting.
    Hit up the DS thread, they have some suggestions on must-have tweaks to get it playing nicely on PC.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

So I never picked up Rome, TW 2 after hearing a ton of bad press, but it's 20 bucks, with another 25 for all the DLC and I'm tempted. Is it worth picking up, or still inferior to Shogun?
    cannonman58102-The Scope

Quote Originally Posted by cannonman58102 View Post
    So I never picked up Rome, TW 2 after hearing a ton of bad press, but it's 20 bucks, with another 25 for all the DLC and I'm tempted. Is it worth picking up, or still inferior to Shogun?
    It's still shit.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    I caved in and got me Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. Never played Dark Souls at all. Expect to die a lot.

Since I think it was designed to be played with a controller I just ordered my first controller (Xbox 360) after my last SNES-Controller. This will get... interesting.

Hit up the DS thread, they have some suggestions on must-have tweaks to get it playing nicely on PC.

-O

For a harsh game with dickish multiplayer the ds community is a friendly bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Meh, is it just me, or has this years summer sale been a bit of a letdown? I feel that I'm seeing much the same games on flash sales as the daily deals, and not that many "ooh, must buy that game" deals. Maybe it's just me getting jaded and all, but this certainly doesn't feel like previous summer sales.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Meh, is it just me, or has this years summer sale been a bit of a letdown? I feel that I'm seeing much the same games on flash sales as the daily deals, and not that many "ooh, must buy that game" deals. Maybe it's just me getting jaded and all, but this certainly doesn't feel like previous summer sales.
    Its not only you.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Its not only you.
    Indeed, it's a recurring sentiment that this year's sale has been a shadow of the last few years.

The best holiday sale was 2011 Xmas. Holy SHIT the deals back then. Skyrim and Shogun 2 both going on mega sale, etc.

2011 was such a good year for games.

While I do agree that it hasn't been quite as good as some of the previous sales, I've still picked up a bunch of stuff. Then again I pretty much only buy games during the summer & winter sale, so I kinda had a list of shit I wanted in mind.

I bought a handful of games, but yeah, sale was not that impressive.

I bought Age of Wonders 3, Dishonored GOTY Edition, Space Hulk, and I know I got like 2 or 3 more, but can't remember what they were and I am at work at the moment. Also got 4 games for my little girl; Terraria, Worms, and forget the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegor Stormborn View Post

I bought Age of Wonders 3, Dishonored GOTY Edition, Space Hulk, and I know I got like 2 or 3 more, but can't remember what they were and I am at work at the moment. Also got 4 games for my little girl; Terraria, Worms, and forget the other two.
    Wait is Space Hulk actually good?
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Not really, I bought it myself just for the sake of it.. And because I used to play the tabletop version back in the day..

Smuggo
    Also agree it hasn't been that great. A few things I already got cheaper on humble store or at same price in previous sale. Picked up Witcher 1&2, Divinity Original Sin and some adventure games my sister wanted for her birthday but that's it so far. Was tempted by Skrim but probably would end up not playing it as I already played it to death on the Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegor Stormborn View Post

Wait is Space Hulk actually good?
    Mmm, I had to try it out for $2.50 or whatever I paid. It was not worth playing over Age of Wonders 3 for now. Its kind of like a puzzle game or something. Probably won't play it much, will give it another try in the future to see if it holds my interest longer than the 15 minutes I gave it before switching back to AoW3.

When is the last day, or did I miss that one already?
    Anyway, got the missing Assassin's Creed games I wanted and Grid 2,so it wasn't bad.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

30th is the last day, traditionally they will then do a repeat of the most popular games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Titan Quest gold is pretty cheap atm, 4 GBP. Might be worth adding to the repertoire if you can MP it.
    it's a very bland game IMO... but probably worth about 4 bucks of you're bored enough.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Titan Quest gold is pretty cheap atm, 4 GBP. Might be worth adding to the repertoire if you can MP it.
    it's a very bland game IMO... but probably worth about 4 bucks of you're bored enough.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    I've had Titan Quest for a couple of years and always get bored of it before even finishing normal difficulty. I've given it a decent try three times now I think and despite how much they stole from Diablo II (almost everything) they didn't get the fun part nailed down enough for me.

Any experiences with Assetto Corsa? It's currently 50% off, meaning it's €17.49 - worth it at that price? It's in early access, but apparantly at "an advanced state of completion" according to the developers. I'll mention that I'm probably going to get Project Cars whenever that is available for public consumption, and I from what I'm reading, that's reckoned to be far better.

In other news; is the single player experience of Co Ghosts worth €29.99? I'm thinking no, but it's been a while since I played a single player shooter with some sort of story (ok, CoD and story doesn't rhyme).. Any decent alternatives?

Any experiences with Assetto Corsa? It's currently 50% off, meaning it's €17.49 - worth it at that price? It's in early access, but apparantly at "an advanced state of completion" according to the developers. I'll mention that I'm probably going to get Project Cars whenever that is available for public consumption, and I from what I'm reading, that's reckoned to be far better.

In other news; is the single player experience of Co Ghosts worth €29.99? I'm thinking no, but it's been a while since I played a single player shooter with some sort of story (ok, CoD and story doesn't rhyme).. Any decent alternatives?
    CoD singleplayer campaign

Worth money

Pick one and only one.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Yes! Broforce!