hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147154155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3147

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

I tried to use the Steam thingie in a few games and it's not bad at all. However gets some getting used to and the ABXY aren't ideally positioned.

It is my best remote for the PC when streaming multimedia content to my Steam Link tho (which is usually not games, because lol although Gbit lan there's stuttering).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

This is the shitest steam sale ever

Thanks for saving my money Gabe

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    I bought a couple of games so that I use GoG's connect service and also get on GoG.

What Steam sales I didn't see one in some time...

ITT people who already bought most games they're interested in so they're now calling steam sales shit.

The facepalms are not enough.

Finally got vermintide and am happy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is just not true at all, this is not why steam sales sucks. First, all sales are now exactly the same, there is no variety, no new ideas, just same scheme. All games are discounted instantly and for whole duration of sale. No daily deals, no flash deals, no unlocking deals, no way for users to choose which game to get discounted or which type of games. Every sale is same now - on first day you got bunch if games discounted and it stays for duration with no changes at all. Which is nice but the discounts are no longer spectacular. If you check stead db for discounts old games are not getting cheaper and cheaper. They stay the same place. New games get shitty discounts, maybe a few titles got 5-10% lower than last sale and they all gradually make it to same "stable old games discount of 75-80%" It just takes a few years. This is so predictable that people are literally saying 'wait for next steam sale so this game got -30% again like every fucking sale for past 2 years as this is it real price".

So yeah, steam sales are shit. But yeah, you bought one game on discount so you are happy and it means steam sales are not great.
    Look at Vermintide:

https://steamdb.info/app/235540/

You could have already bought this game for "steam sale price" twice in last months. And I can guess the price of this game for next few sales too...
    Last edited by Voulture; November 1 2017 at 07:36:25 AM.

Fuck that daily extra discount bullshit!
    The current system and the decent returns policy that came with it is infinitely more customer-friendly.

Buying games outside of the 'sales', in 2017, lul
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Buying games outside of the 'sales', in 2017, lul
    But this is exactly my point - this is what is wrong with the current system you praise. There are sales all the time, winter, spring, summer, autumn, haloween, christmas, easter, valentines sales etc etc etc. Game are getting discounted with up to 80% discount if they are old enough. People are buying these games only through sales as this is where they prices are at what they are worth after 5 years. Pretending game from 2011 is still worth 40$ while they are constantly on -80% sale every fucking time is bullshit. Sale are no longer sales, these are just periods of normal prices for games separated by 'do not buy it's overpriced' periods. Why don't you just cut the crap and let older games prices go lower like they should be. Prices of old stuff decline, but nah, not in games. Nah, let's pretend it's all our great will of steam. So instead of real sales where games were actually way cheaper for some time (even if it was 1000 copies or for few hours) we now have a retarded system of not-really-sales that everyone waits to be able to buy games at actually reasonable prices.

Yeah, it's fucking great.

Because there's too many old people & old ideas about how to sell and promote things, which don't mesh with digital goods where there's no need to really consider warehouse capacity and averaging out distribution flow.

Also there's a bit of a problem with how impatient people are, or uneducated & suckered by 'pre-ordering' or accepting incomplete launches with soon-after DLC that is assumed to be mandatory & effectively would leave an incomplete product without them.

As producers improve their financial projection models, hopefully they can work out that it's best not shove out significantly incomplete things because of some arbitrary deadline (and they can still soon receive the same total funs from happier customers & better free PR/advertising). This feeds back into breaking down the concept of such deadlines i.e. Christmas Sales.
    Kinda a society-wide issue though. As we transition to less physically-backed advertising media, requiring less lead time to produce & distribute, there's less need to set release dates. Blame magazines, billboards, TV. Almost everyone downloading a game isn't impacted if it's shifted back a week or two. Mostly it's just about hitting society holiday times, so people can find time to use the products because of regular work-focused scheduled.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 1 2017 at 11:12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Fuck flash sales and daily sales. Yes let's time gate a sale and lock out a bunch of people from being able to buy a game because you think that means they will give a bigger discount. They won't. They'll just keep the "regular" sale discount to say 35% and put the flash sale to 75/80% instead of the game being 75/80% off during the entirety of the sale. Limited copies sale works for physical goods but is meaningless for digital products like games.

Good riddance of flash/daily/bullshit deals like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Fuck flash sales and daily sales. Yes let's time gate a sale and lock out a bunch of people from being able to buy a game because you think that means they will give a bigger discount. They won't. They'll just keep the "regular" sale discount to say 35% and put the flash sale to 75/80% instead of the game being 75/80% off during the entirety of the sale. Limited copies sale works for physical goods but is meaningless for digital products like games.

This.

Flash sales etc. Seemed exciting but were absolute shit when you think about it for more than a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post

This.

Flash sales etc. Seemed exciting but were absolute shit when you think about it for more than a second.

P much this, x1000. I buy games almost exclusively on sale for two reasons: I'm a working dad. It saves me money, and limits the number of games I buy because I don't have time to play a hundred games a year.

Which basically means flash sales etc... were almost always lost sales in cases like mine because I can't just drop whatever I'm doing to obey the whims of Steam to catch the game while it's *actually* on sale.

#BadAtBotes

^^ This, most games released arent finished articles anyway and im hardly in a rush to play anything nowadays- maybe Bannerlord will be an exception. I always wait a year or so and buy the game with all DLC for 1/2 original price.

o and squad & dayz, i gave them my money because i like the concept. (and pubg because im a trashy whore with shity friends who dont like real games)

This year has been terrible for my wallet and time with how many great games came out tbh. Thankfully I get korean regional pricing though which means like a 30% base discount compared to you lot.

Eh the great games this year will still be great 1-2 years later when they're 50-75% cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Eh the great games this year will still be great 1-2 years later when they're 50-75% cheaper.
    Oh for sure. But I'm bad at waiting. :>

what great games have been released this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Battlefield 1?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Battlefield 1?

Tapapapatalk
    last year

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Battlefield 1?

Tapapapatalk
    last year
    See.
    nevar forget