hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3455

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    All the Steam Link does is display an in-home video stream and route input back if you have the input connected to the Steam Link. If you're within range it's a better idea to connect the input directly to the PC, as that saves you some lag.
    Yeah, except good luck easily getting all the peripherals hooked up easily.
    Eh, not a big deal when using a wireless controller like the Steam Controller. Well except if you have to go through multiple walls of course.
    Xbox Controller + Mouse and Keyboard works flawlessly.
    My steam link is on wireless, no latency issues either.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    All the Steam Link does is display an in-home video stream and route input back if you have the input connected to the Steam Link. If you're within range it's a better idea to connect the input directly to the PC, as that saves you some lag.
    Eh, not a big deal when using a wireless controller like the Steam Controller. Well except if you have to go through multiple walls of course.
    Xbox Controller + Mouse and Keyboard works flawlessly.
    My steam link is on wireless, no latency issues either.
    Need to borrow another controller for my Android box. Getting the PS3 controller to work with it is a PITA.

Day of Infamy is at 75% sale right now.

WW2 co-op for a fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Day of Infamy is at 75% sale right now.

WW2 co-op for a fiver.
    Very good game that I can recommend

It's also a major PITA to set all the games to run on that extended thingie and then realise your PC is trying to render on a non existent monitor.

Honestly, the Steam link is p. awesome but should have really been developed with GBit Ethernet instead of 10/100 tbh.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    It's also a major PITA to set all the games to run on that extended thingie and then realise your PC is trying to render on a non existent monitor.
    How so? Mine renders on both monitors when it's connected, and on my normal monitor when it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly, the Steam link is p. awesome but should have really been developed with GBit Ethernet instead of 10/100 tbh.
    Why?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    local doctor gives opinions on hardware development

So Steam introduces a "Popular Upcoming" games list instead of the old chronological Upcoming games and has a whole story about basing it on valid user interest etc.

End result: of the 10 games shown 8 are now anime crap..... gg Steam.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    So Steam introduces a "Popular Upcoming" games list instead of the old chronological Upcoming games and has a whole story about basing it on valid user interest etc.

End result: of the 10 games shown 8 are now anime crap..... gg Steam.
    Use the bloody tag system then, it's existed for years now and people still whinge when you can just remove them all

steam's upcoming games lists are garbage anyway
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; July 25 2018 at 11:04:01 AM.

That's found from the "Customise your queue" button found on here: https://store.steampowered.com/explore/

but it doesn't apply to the front page's Popular Upcoming, Top Selling, etc lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    That's found from the "Customise your queue" button found on here: https://store.steampowered.com/explore/

but it doesn't apply to the front page's Popular Upcoming, Top Selling, etc lists.
    I'm reasonably certain that they use the same functions to present games to you tbh, otherwise what do you want Steam to do, not show popular games if they're from a certain genre?

The whole thing seems derpy, I just tried out the queue, know that I selected Not Interested on 2 different games, and they're still presented to me in the Special Offers section.
    But the anime might have dropped out of the New & Trending list after a refresh/short cache expired.
    Still all-in-all p useless, I'll go back to just checking during sales, otherwise taking suggestions from external sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The whole thing seems derpy, I just tried out the queue, know that I selected Not Interested on 2 different games, and they're still presented to me in the Special Offers section.
    But the anime might have dropped out of the New & Trending list after a refresh/short cache expired.
    Still all-in-all p useless, I'll go back to just checking during sales, otherwise taking suggestions from external sources.
    Yeah, I'm absolutely not defending Valves "hands off" policy on their storefront, it's very obtuse to actually find anything good if you don't already know what you want

and they gave steam chat an ugly, and totally unnecessary facelift.

Stardock has currently a "Colonize the Universe" bundle going on, with

- Rimworld
    - Planetbase
    - Offworld Trading Company
    - Galactic Civilizations III

Price: $40

https://www.stardock.com/games/artic...e-galciv-iii-a

Let's be honest though, he wouldn't even have noticed were not for some meme anime phobia.

A bunch of the top selling games atm are based on that aesthetic so nbs they're showing up.

That said steam actually showing you things that you're interested in is a crapshoot and the whole new UI is... just why.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Eh, I get that they want to be more like Discord. Everyone uses it, noone uses the Steam chat. Now to see if this'll actually work...

Let's be honest though, he wouldn't even have noticed were not for some meme anime phobia.

A bunch of the top selling games atm are based on that aesthetic so nbs they're showing up.
    What? No, I'm fine with those games existing, they just don't hold my interest. And 8/10 just isn't remotely representative. It's down to 6/10 atm, but that's still wayyy to high IMHO. I'd be fine with 2/10 or 3/10, that seems to align more with how many people I see online that play anime games.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Eh, I get that they want to be more like Discord. Everyone uses it, noone uses the Steam chat. Now to see if this'll actually work...

What? No, I'm fine with those games existing, they just don't hold my interest. And 8/10 just isn't remotely representative. It's down to 6/10 atm, but that's still wayyy to high IMHO. I'd be fine with 2/10 or 3/10, that seems to align more with how many people I see online that play anime games.
    If 6 of the 10 popular upcoming games are anime, then uh, I'm not sure what you want steam to do

There are beyond thousands of games though, I bet it could honour the filter request and still populate a top 10 for every promo category even with many filters.

But step 1 would be consistently being logged in when you open the app and it default to the store. For many months now, for me at least, I have to click the refresh top left to get it to apply my account to the store, show link to my Wishlist, etc.

Bastion, Transistor and Pyre on sale = all together is like 10 euro.