hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 36 of 185 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738394686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam/D2D/games sale thread

Yet they charge me a whole Britsh Pound for it! It's an outrage!
    /click add to cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Yet they charge me a whole Britsh Pound for it! It's an outrage!
    /click add to cart.
    Not gonna lie, I got wayyy to much :smug: out of knowing this.

Also I bought 3 copies as gifts so I can trade them for other stuff later when I inevitably miss some awesome sale on a game I've always wanted.

Great game I've got the cd Rom version installed already.

Is there a way to play the grand campaign multiplayer? Fhc game with everyone playing factions would be awesome, and take weeks per game year.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GWJKE6/...CPZABC3DYWNDMK

Bundle: Mirror’s Edge, Burnout: Paradise, Bulletstorm, The Saboteur & Mercenaries 2 for 10 bux.

Wow, that's a hell of a deal.

Amazon generally is great for video games, I looked around a bit yesterday on a 4X itch: GalCiv2 Ultimate, Amazon: 10, Steam 15. Civ IV Complete, Amazon 7,99, Steam 25, etc. etc. And that's physical copies without extra DRM...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Wow, that's a hell of a deal.
    Except that they're all published by EA.

Darksiders II 50% and Skyrim 40% on Steam. Pretty early 50% for DS considering it's just a bit over a month out. Another shitty console port?

Dunno, but there has been a lot of talk that THQ needs money badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelephant View Post
    Darksiders II 50% and Skyrim 40% on Steam. Pretty early 50% for DS considering it's just a bit over a month out. Another shitty console port?
    Port is mediocre, not as bad as Dark Souls, but they released a patch that adds some more options for PC. Game itself is absolutely fabulous if you like action-adventures, a mix of Prince of Persia, God of War, Diablo and Zelda. Gamepad recommended.

DS2 is good, port is so-so but at least playable. Death is such a douche.
    Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat.

Quote Originally Posted by omeg View Post
    DS2 is good, port is so-so but at least playable. Death is such a douche.
    Haven't played DS2 yet, but War was an asshole too. Had honor though.

Also, metro 2033 -75% off. If you haven't already bought it do so now. Awesome game, just get the stealth suit before chapter 5 or you'll just ragequit.

definite US only I'm guessing, but toys r us is having a sale on diablo 3 and skyrim for $10. They look to be out of stock online but the stores will still have it hopefully.

/r/gamedeals is saying you can go into a bestbuy and they'll pricematch that as well, gonna try in 2hours once my local store opens...

edit: no luck, also the manager at walmart is going to stab me in the face the next time she sees me
    Last edited by Ampoliros; October 6 2012 at 07:09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros View Post
    definite US only I'm guessing, but toys r us is having a sale on diablo 3 and skyrim for $10. They look to be out of stock online but the stores will still have it hopefully.

/r/gamedeals is saying you can go into a bestbuy and they'll pricematch that as well, gonna try in 2hours once my local store opens...

edit: no luck, also the manager at walmart is going to stab me in the face the next time she sees me
    No luck here either. The TRU sale was clearly a clearance liquidation of all PC game inventory, which included retail copies of such games as D3, MW3, and Arkham Asylum. I went to the local TRU and every copy had been gutted. The sale has been going on less than a week from what I was able to glean from an employee there. I tried going over to Best Buy across the street and asked a couple minions if they would honor the price match. They said they would. Right before I'm about to give the girl at the register my CC an assistant manager comes over and cock blocks me. She asks what the price matched is, then reports it to her manager. Manager says fuck no, and that's that. No amount of sweet talking got me one copy for $10. It probably didn't help my case that I strolled up there with six retail boxes, but that was leaving six on the shelves so I wasn't being too greedy. I'm going to go try the same thing at another BB tomorrow. I was so close!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    No luck here either. The TRU sale was clearly a clearance liquidation of all PC game inventory, which included retail copies of such games as D3, MW3, and Arkham Asylum. I went to the local TRU and every copy had been gutted. The sale has been going on less than a week from what I was able to glean from an employee there. I tried going over to Best Buy across the street and asked a couple minions if they would honor the price match. They said they would. Right before I'm about to give the girl at the register my CC an assistant manager comes over and cock blocks me. She asks what the price matched is, then reports it to her manager. Manager says fuck no, and that's that. No amount of sweet talking got me one copy for $10. It probably didn't help my case that I strolled up there with six retail boxes, but that was leaving six on the shelves so I wasn't being too greedy. I'm going to go try the same thing at another BB tomorrow. I was so close!
    I just had 1 Skyrim, and the lady at BB freaked out when she saw the difference in price online. The lady at the register next to her would not shut up about the rules...eventually they called the toys r us store, they said they didn't have any in stock, and therefore BB refused to honor the policy because they didn't have to if the store was out of stock. They tried to give me half off as a consolation, but fuck that.

Walmart i tried twice, second time I talked to the 'courtesy desk' people and the store manager, and they acted like I was trying to straight up rob them before they even verified anything. At the end, she told me that they didn't have to honor the deal because the toys r us wasn't in town, but if i drove to a walmart near the toys r us (20 miles), they would probably honor it. Yeah, sure.

I tried gamestop and even k-mart for kicks, but both don't do pricematching and neither had it in stock. K-mart had 5 copies of star trek online for $10 though...

tl;dr: if i ever buy any more video games from a brick and mortar store, the employees of said store are going to pee all over them before I leave now

Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    I just had 1 Skyrim, and the lady at BB freaked out when she saw the difference in price online. The lady at the register next to her would not shut up about the rules...eventually they called the toys r us store, they said they didn't have any in stock, and therefore BB refused to honor the policy because they didn't have to if the store was out of stock. They tried to give me half off as a consolation, but fuck that.

Walmart i tried twice, second time I talked to the 'courtesy desk' people and the store manager, and they acted like I was trying to straight up rob them before they even verified anything. At the end, she told me that they didn't have to honor the deal because the toys r us wasn't in town, but if i drove to a walmart near the toys r us (20 miles), they would probably honor it. Yeah, sure.

I tried gamestop and even k-mart for kicks, but both don't do pricematching and neither had it in stock. K-mart had 5 copies of star trek online for $10 though...

tl;dr: if i ever buy any more video games from a brick and mortar store, the employees of said store are going to pee all over them before I leave now
    You and I had the exact same experience today, then. In addition to the above post, I tried to hit another BB right before closing so I'd cut down on the manager factor. They only had one copy of Diablo on the shelves and no Skyrim. They didn't even try looking it up online, or more precisely couldn't as the register was blocked from accessing TRU's website with that SKU as a reference. IE just brought up a blank screen, where I had seen the other check out gal do it earlier in the day just fine. She went to get an assistant manager, who came over to me calling it a scam (implying that I was pulling a scam). I told her that it wasn't a scam and there was indeed a copy of D3 at TRU an hour's drive away but I didn't want to go out of my way to get it. She just looked at me doubtfully, and responded that customers had been coming in all day asking for $10 copies. She made no attempt to check online or call TRU (they would have been closed anyhow). At no time did they offer me anything less than full price.

Also, tried Gamestop, too, just in case.

A friend in the Chicago area, on the other hand, was able to walk right into a BB and buy two copies of D3 and one MW3 for $30 total with no trouble at all. This was an hour or so before I made my second attempt. I'm not going to lose sleep over it as I would have just thrown it all on eBay this weekend anyhow, but I don't know how the box stores expect to stay in the games business when they don't competitively price games that have been on the shelves 6 months to a year. This is the age of direct downloads and buying cheap regional keys from Russia. I was able to buy a Borderlands 2 product key, for example, and register it with Steam for $25.
    Last edited by Xiang Jiao; October 7 2012 at 09:33:46 AM.

Pay what you want for the Divinity Anthology
    http://www.gog.com/divinity

First one was good, the new one is supposed to be "back to the roots" so here's hope.
    Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat.

Steam/D2D/games sale thread

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/de...ssing-link-dlc

Missing Link for whatever change you can find in sofa (plus share in peace nobel prize).