hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oculus Rift - worth it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Did any of you guys have to get used to using a rift? I notice that I can do 30-45 minute sessions tops, before having to take a break of atleast an hour.
    You get used to it. I play longer than that. I use vrcover though. That ski goggle foam they used is crappy as hell and uncomfortable after 20 minutes of playing.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    ED in VR

Quote Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
    Did any of you guys have to get used to using a rift? I notice that I can do 30-45 minute sessions tops, before having to take a break of atleast an hour.
    You get used to it. I play longer than that. I use vrcover though. That ski goggle foam they used is crappy as hell and uncomfortable after 20 minutes of playing.
    A lot of people have this problem, but it's mostly because it's strapped too tight to the face. If you set the top strap properly so that the thing is kind of pivoting off the top/back of your head, there should be very little (or no) horizontal force on your actual face. The foam touches, but doesn't have any pressure.

Compared to the DK2 it's amazing. I used to play elite for like 6-7 hours at a time with the DK2 and would have like a permanent track-mark on the bridge of my nose from where the sharp plastic was digging in.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I bought an Oculus Rift + Touch on Black Friday for $350, expecting them to sell out. They did, but more stock came in. I also expected the HTC Vive would go on sale on Cyber Monday, whereupon I would return the Rift and get that.

But the Vive hasn't gone on sale. So now I have a Rift for good.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

But the Vive hasn't gone on sale. So now I have a Rift for good.
    So it this a good thing? or a bad thing?

Kinda jealous... would love to try ED in VR.

ED is only fun in Oculus tbh.

For $199 you can get a headset now:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...D-WMR-headsets

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    Is WMR worth it compared to Oculus?
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    It has slightly higher resolution, slightly worse color (LCD vs OLED) and slightly inferior tracking. For sitting games like Elite and driving sims I'd say it's a better choice than oculus since it's basically plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    It has slightly higher resolution, slightly worse color (LCD vs OLED) and slightly inferior tracking. For sitting games like Elite and driving sims I'd say it's a better choice than oculus since it's basically plug and play.
    Depends which one, you could also splurge on the Samsung one for example if you were so inclined. But would defeat the price advantage heh.

But 200 for a decent headset sounds like a great price point tbfh. I mean, that's like a decent wheel or joystick for example.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I tested the developers prototype of MS augmented reality headset and found it to be far inferrior to the htc vive thingy.
    Can it even do propper vr?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I find myself not using the VR headset when I am traveling long distances or doing purely trade runs. Especially if those trade runs involves stations which are far away from it's host star (which you want it to be with passanger missions). Just sitting there for hours on end staring at the same thing in VR degrades the novelty, when you can play on an ordinary screen and alt+tab to do something else during mundane downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I tested the developers prototype of MS augmented reality headset and found it to be far inferrior to the htc vive thingy.
    Can it even do propper vr?
    You talking about the thing they announced years ago? It's a completely different thing afaik.

Nah mate Microsoft had a call for windows 10 compatible vr headstes, and decided to call it Mixed Reality instead, just because. Sadly, they are not that great, especially now that the price of the occulus has come down.

Nah mate Microsoft had a call for windows 10 compatible vr headstes, and decided to call it Mixed Reality instead, just because. Sadly, they are not that great, especially now that the price of the occulus has come down.
    Well if he's talking about the hololens they did a while ago or whatever it was called it is a completely different product.

And by all accounts they're just fine?