hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Useful Info Thread

Half way through exploring a huge system in solo play with some goodies and kills and the server went "offline" do I have to start over?

[edit] no logged back in space phew
    Last edited by spitroast; December 2 2016 at 07:34:31 PM.

i haven't touched this since the 1st month, if i download it now will it be the same with a load of 'buy dlc for this feature' frustrations or has anything been added to the base game?

It depends on when you purchased the original game. If you bought during alpha or premium beta phases, then you're entitled to all expansions for free. From standard beta onwards though, you'd have to pay again for Horizons if you want the features added over the last year or so. Otherwise you can still play the original game as-is but you won't be able to do stuff like land on moons etc.

so if the original experience was boring, still stay clear.

I'm still in a Sidewinder (pimped) and have a whole 100k credits. I should stop attacking everything that moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    i haven't touched this since the 1st month, if i download it now will it be the same with a load of 'buy dlc for this feature' frustrations or has anything been added to the base game?
    The only stuff you'll miss out on will be engineers and planetary landings, and you won't notice either unless you go actively looking for them.

that isn't true, and is pretty much why i drifted away the 1st time. never mind, plenty of other games.

still waiting for Thargoids to shoot...

certainly are dragging it out somewhat

so does trading have any depth further than find the best prices for medical diagnostic equipment as close to each other as possible then work on finding a return trip commodity?

Find good route. Repeat route. That's about it.

Imperial Slaves is where the good money is. Use http://elitetradingtool.co.uk/ or inara's for the best routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Find good route. Repeat route. That's about it.

Imperial Slaves is where the good money is. Use http://elitetradingtool.co.uk/ or inara's for the best routes.
    I've been using https://eddb.io/

medical diagnostics always seems to outpace everything. today I found a route that was buy stuff™ do 2 jumps sell stuff™ one jump back to pickup more rinse repeat. all for a tidy 1.2 mill profit each run. It's neat and all but I was kinda hoping that it wouldn't be a "one commodity to rule them all" trade scheme. Everything else has a shit return in comparison no matter where you go unless there is a global event, but even then you need to travel much further to meet the earning power of medical diagnostic equipment or slaves.

Hm you may be right. Never even heard of medical diagnostics being talked about in trading circles, maybe something changed in a recent patch.

Global events don't always involve long loops. As long as you stick to CGs that are going to make it into the top tiers, the profit per ton is less important than the CG payout. In a T9 or trade Conda 500 tons/trip can easily put you in the 30 million payout range with only a few hours hauling.

Keep an eye on r/elitecg, often get good loops posted there when a new CG goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Hm you may be right. Never even heard of medical diagnostics being talked about in trading circles, maybe something changed in a recent patch.

Global events don't always involve long loops. As long as you stick to CGs that are going to make it into the top tiers, the profit per ton is less important than the CG payout. In a T9 or trade Conda 500 tons/trip can easily put you in the 30 million payout range with only a few hours hauling.

Keep an eye on r/elitecg, often get good loops posted there when a new CG goes live.
    I'm in a humble type 7 atm but yeah 50% payout isn't hard to get just started farting around with engineers. Made a mistake and bought an asp.. Handy exploration ship but damn does it pew pew like a wet paper bag.

rip my shield conda.

2 extra size 5 hull military mods though.

So how the hell do I set up the controls for this game? It's currently decided that my pedals are the throttle control and that the throttle doesn't exist. It wants me to use twist for the yaw, but the warthog stick doesn't have it, hence the pedals. and I have no fucking clue how to fix any of that, the controls menu makes less sense than it did last time I played.

nvm, might have figured it out.

Nope. Got it to recognize the throttle, now it doesn't see the stick.

Now it's mostly working.
    Last edited by Steckersaurus; December 21 2016 at 08:20:25 PM.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

I use a target script to merge stick and throttle, but that is mainly so I can use its functions to simulate a 3rd weapons group using the two stage trigger.

So it turns out there was a bug with engineers which allows/allowed one to roll grade 5 mods with grade 1 materials. Which was in the game for probably around a year. The knowledge if which was closely guarded by all the hardline 'PvP' groups. While said groups were plastering all over the forums that people shouldn't whine and just git gud but most of all not combat log because thats cheating....

Thats it for me, ED and its players have no redeeming qualities.

edit: This pertains to rolling G5 mods untill you get beneficiary secondaries such that the final result is ~33% better than a max roll possible for each of the stats.
    Last edited by Torashuu; June 19 2017 at 12:14:56 PM.

Yeah did hear about that. Those players are probably going to be banned. Fucking cheek of it.

That said, can't see how this douchebaggery is any worse than douchebaggery in other online games. If you're playing ED for the PVP, you're playing the wrong game.