hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: The Useful Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Yeah did hear about that. Those players are probably going to be banned. Fucking cheek of it.

That said, can't see how this douchebaggery is any worse than douchebaggery in other online games. If you're playing ED for the PVP, you're playing the wrong game.
    That is basically only reason not to play it in solo mode. Fucking weird game design choices.
    Hiro Cor

Never did much pvp, only back before horizons. But it infuriated me that those advocating the engineers system the most where the ones bypassing it altogether...

Saving this thread and the handy chart:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...iolis-accurate

Complete guide to the Alien ruins scanning missions (200 million credit payout):

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Step)-201-M-Cr

I feel completely green at this. Any advice on what to keep in mind when outfitting my ships?

I just got myself a Viver mark IV. Couldn't upgrade the shield much, but improved the hull to over 1000 hp quite easily. Still died rather quick to some "dangerous" asp :}
    It's first volley took out something vital, so with 80% structure, I just sat there unable to move while it nibbled me to death.

If hulltanking, MRPs are your friend, secondly, vs npcs hulltanking is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I feel completely green at this. Any advice on what to keep in mind when outfitting my ships?

I just got myself a Viver mark IV. Couldn't upgrade the shield much, but improved the hull to over 1000 hp quite easily. Still died rather quick to some "dangerous" asp :}
    It's first volley took out something vital, so with 80% structure, I just sat there unable to move while it nibbled me to death.
    The link above with the chart is useful. Sounds like it got your powerplant, probably a Rail Asp. Module Reinforcements can help with that. Get a better shield ASAP and a Shield Cell Bank for combat recharging. Multicannons for hull damage and burst lasers for shield damage. Get an A-class Power Distributor as well for more overall power in the banks when you need it.

Upgrade to a Cobra asap. The V Mk4 isn't a great ship tbh, more suited to jousting than inyafaceblatblat. If you're short on cash, one of the community goals this week is to deliver rares to the Lave system - google ed rare goods and you should get a list with locations. They'll make good cash (the further away they're from the better, up to 160ish LY) and you'll get a bonus payout at the end. You need hardly any cargo space, most rares only allow 5-10 before cutting you off until you sell what's in your hold.

Add Isozaki in game and hit me up with any questions (same for anyone else).

Complete guide to the Alien ruins scanning missions (200 million credit payout):

How long do we have to complete these?
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post

How long do we have to complete these?
    That mission set has been around for months, since probably the start of the year or so. It's not going anywhere. Even Thargoids shouldn't mess it up when 2.4 hits as the Guardians (who built the ruins you're scanning) are a different species.

I've not done it yet, thinking I might start this weekend.

Edit: Alien ruins now at 74% completion, going to finish it off later. That guide makes it a doddle.
    Last edited by Saul; June 24 2017 at 06:00:07 PM.

A cobra? The mk 3 or 4? I had a 3 but didn't realy like it. The way the front blocks the fireing angle was anoying.