hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb questions and polite and constructive replies!

is there a way to see what station has a blackmarket and which doesnt?

last one i checked didnt have one

Is there an easy way to find the docking port on a coriolis station?
    They spin like mad (not pointed at planet etc) and half the time I only find it by following someone else - or by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    They spin like mad (not pointed at planet etc) and half the time I only find it by following someone else - or by accident.
    there are little arrows on the station model in the holographic view on your ship panel that point towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    is there a way to see what station has a blackmarket and which doesnt?

last one i checked didnt have one
    Dock and look. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    there are little arrows on the station model in the holographic view on your ship panel that point towards it.
    Coriolis also have largeish lights on all 4 corners of the front/rear ends of the station. The rear station lights flash red every few seconds and are quite visible, even from the side once you know where to look. The front lights (docking bay end) flash white at the same frequency as the rear.

When you approach, watch the station rotation until you can identify the nearest front or rear face of the station, then look for the lights. If they're red, you want the other end.
    Last edited by Saul; January 4 2015 at 03:28:35 PM.

Target, look for arrows - or you have to notice the way it spins. Looking at the from the front, it points the same way, but turns anti clockwise, with the 'sides' orbiting the letter slot. facing any part of the station will let you know if you are looking at the back or the side.

Other way is to think of it like a wheel, the axle is where you dock, and the spokes spreading radially outwards are the front back, with the tire being the sides that is spinning around...
    Lurker. *cloaks*
    EVE - Jadefalcon3r Pryde // Elite Dangerous - CMDR Jenna McDougall // MWO - Voxsera Hazen // STO - reivaxalis@voxsera

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jadefalcon View Post

Target, look for arrows - or you have to notice the way it spins. Looking at the from the front, it points the same way, but turns anti clockwise, with the 'sides' orbiting the letter slot. facing any part of the station will let you know if you are looking at the back or the side.

Other way is to think of it like a wheel, the axle is where you dock, and the spokes spreading radially outwards are the front back, with the tire being the sides that is spinning around...
    Like if you're a council site.

Like jadefalcon said, if you are looking at the letterbox, the station will be rotating counterclockwise (anti-clockwise for you silly euros). this means you can figure out which side the opening is on based on how the station is moving when you look at it.

For example, if the side of the station facing you is moving up, then the opening will be on the side to the left.

If you are familiar with vector notation, the station obeys the right hand rule. If you curl your fingers in the direction the station is rotating, then the opening is in the direction of your thumb.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Far be it for me to ruin all kinds of advanced methods for finding the opening, but why are you not just using the hologram? It has arrows pointing towards the docking slots on it, as well as a slot indicating where the docking slot is. The arrows aren't that visible in the screenshot I took, but you can see the docking slot. Arrows are pointing towards this. Just target the station and find bliss.

So, i have done some missions, some bounty hunting, some spacetrucking and now finaly a bit of exploration. Good lord im bored already.
    Is there anything else to do or should i wait until Frontier managed to make the game a bit more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    So, i have done some missions, some bounty hunting, some spacetrucking and now finaly a bit of exploration. Good lord im bored already.
    Is there anything else to do or should i wait until Frontier managed to make the game a bit more fun?
    Piracy, takes all of the skills and adds in a lot of finesse (limpit's and not blowing ships up to quickly).

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

THE PUNISHED
    god damn those NPC system authority vessels

That's two anacondas I've battled for ages, got down to low hull, then the police appear and zip in front of me in the middle of my firing, making ME go wanted and they get the conda kill.

stupid NPCs.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post

That's two anacondas I've battled for ages, got down to low hull, then the police appear and zip in front of me in the middle of my firing, making ME go wanted and they get the conda kill.

stupid NPCs.
    I've not seen him in ages.

stupid NPCs.
    I've taken to getting up in the wanted NPC's shit so there isn't as much room for the dumbasses to squeeze in and make me shoot them. Of course, every now and then they will literally ram their ship into the space between us resulting in me getting a bounty, but it is much more rare now. Still, I never saw NPC police ramming NPC bounties before I started flying with my nose touching them, so I'm starting to think the NPC police AI is programmed to intentionally fly in front of players on occasion.

THE PUNISHED
    Interdiction is fun

stupid NPCs.
    Turn off report crimes against me or just learn to avoid the poleece if you can't take the Anacondas all by yourself.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

stupid NPCs.
    Turn off report crimes against me or just learn to avoid the poleece if you can't take the Anacondas all by yourself.
    I can take 'em out, just not always before the police showing up. Is "report crimes against me" what triggers the police to show?

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

stupid NPCs.
    I can take 'em out, just not always before the police showing up. Is "report crimes against me" what triggers the police to show?
    Yes, unless you are in an RES/Nav beacon which they patrol, or you will sometimes find USS where the police are engaging a wanted dude.

All the "report crimes-" toggle box is remove the automatic distress signal that summons police when you are fired upon.

THE PUNISHED
    Thanks all!