hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Dumb questions and polite and constructive replies!

Yeah I've always found the two weapon group limit to be stupid, especially that on top of weapons so much equipment can only be assigned weapon groups instead of hot keys.

I really need to start futzing about with the engineers; I've never bothered to check it out and have a fuck load of that scan data.

Its a rabbit hole you dont want to dive into. Its so much make work that will make npc fights trivial and pvp boring. Well, pvp is boring regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Yeah I've always found the two weapon group limit to be stupid, especially that on top of weapons so much equipment can only be assigned weapon groups instead of hot keys.

I really need to start futzing about with the engineers; I've never bothered to check it out and have a fuck load of that scan data.
    Start with felicity farseer to mod your FSD. Easy to unlock and nice obvious improvements. I started out thinking I would just bother with Farseer for FSD range and leave the rest alone, but am surprised to say I've unlocked nearly all of them now.

On sale on steam for $7.50. Worth it for an eve pvp lover?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Worth it? Yeah. Get horizons add on if it's in the sale, you'll need it.

Even if you don't get on with it it won't be a big loss at that price.
    Last edited by Saul; January 27 2018 at 12:20:17 PM.

Just get it.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

So whats this new chieftain like? something between a python and a FDL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    So whats this new chieftain like? something between a python and a FDL ?
    Nifty and nimble, between Python and FDL seems like a good comparison. 18 mil for the hull in the beta. 3x class 4 military slots, bit low on optional standard slots. Very agile but quite a bit of drift, lots of people asking for more oomph from the vertical thrusters. Medium pad.

Hardpoints are 2x C3, 1x C2, 3x C1. All forward-firing, near centre mounted. This ship is built to get the most out of fixed weapons. Convergence on multis in the 3/2 slots is awesome.

Overall, promising. Doesn't fill any gaps but does widen the mid-range combat scope quite a bit. Looks cool too.

anyone got a unit of meta alloy they wanna sell me because i'd rather kill myself then go 60 fuckin jumps to maia

60 jumps? You making the trip in a sidewinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    FDL with an A type FSD, so yeah basically.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; February 13 2018 at 08:18:05 PM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    FDL with an A type FSD, so yeah basically.
    That's a very masochistic option for a trip like that. Why not get another ship that you can fit for range? Plenty of cheap options available. I did it in a Cobra last week, but there are far better options obviously.

Yeah why not use a super lightweight Asp with a modded FSD for range for picking up engineering items?

Yeah I ended up getting a diamond back and w/ A-type FSD and making it in 15 jumps, I had thought that you needed to bring the meta alloys with the ship you wanted to upgrade but that's not the case. Now just a matter of stocking up on the bits and pieces. Got a crap ton of data, but of course not the ones I need for the upgrades I want, but at least I now know what I have to scan to get them. Tried my hand at surface prospecting with my fancy new Diamondback, which was pretty slow and almost shat my self as I lost my ship, Till I realized you can just uber up that bitch. I hear mining is a better source for materials so I'll give that a go.

Yeah I ended up getting a diamond back and w/ A-type FSD and making it in 15 jumps, I had thought that you needed to bring the meta alloys with the ship you wanted to upgrade but that's not the case. Now just a matter of stocking up on the bits and pieces. Got a crap ton of data, but of course not the ones I need for the upgrades I want, but at least I now know what I have to scan to get them. Tried my hand at surface prospecting with my fancy new Diamondback, which was pretty slow and almost shat my self as I lost my ship, Till I realized you can just uber up that bitch. I hear mining is a better source for materials so I'll give that a go.
    Good plan, DBX was going to be my suggestion. Mining is definitely not a better source of materials though. For now, I would strongly suggest just doing basic surface prospecting (tedious as it is) and collecting everything you can find. If you're after Arsenic for the FSD there's a 2.5ish% planet in Farseer's system that's a good bet.

Don't go too crazy tracking down the harder to get stuff unless you absolutely have to have that mod now (e.g FSD range). Once the Beyond update drops you'll be able to trade the useless stuff for the rarer stuff at the right material traders, which will make life a lot easier. Engineering will also change quite a bit with Beyond, so for now just stick with the essentials until the new system lands*.

*Not sure if a release date has been announced yet but the beta ended last week, so not expecting it to be a long wait.

Goddamit just finished grinding Level 5 FSD range mod for my Imp Clipper.

Speaking of which, was looking at Python next but it doesn't really seem to be much of an upgrade over the Clipper, other than being a Medium hull for slightly more cargo. What's a good next ship? I quite like the all rounders cos I tend to mix up trading (mostly slaves) with the occasional bit of pew in belts.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Goddamit just finished grinding Level 5 FSD range mod for my Imp Clipper.

Speaking of which, was looking at Python next but it doesn't really seem to be much of an upgrade over the Clipper, other than being a Medium hull for slightly more cargo. What's a good next ship? I quite like the all rounders cos I tend to mix up trading (mostly slaves) with the occasional bit of pew in belts.
    Python is the next all around; FDL is a straight up combat ship.

Never flown a Clipper but yeah Python is the 50-million ish bracket all-rounder. Next on from that is the Conda.

Python is well worth having though. Most cargo you can fit on a medium pad, reasonable hardpoint locations, reasonable loadout options.
    Last edited by Saul; February 15 2018 at 05:32:50 PM.

its about 50 but you'll want atleast 85-90mil to give it a decent passable fit. A Good combat fit can run you over 200mil
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; February 15 2018 at 08:23:45 PM.

Beyond Chapter 1 release date: 27 Feb