hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb questions and polite and constructive replies!

Dumb questions and polite and constructive replies!

So I have questions and these threads are always pretty decent in the other sub forums so here we go:

How does the supply / demand replenish? Is it based on population? Or if I run a trade route dry that's it?

THE PUNISHED
    Fuck you.

Pro answer skillz

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Fuck you.
    You are so mean, because of you I'm going to eve fest!

THE PUNISHED
    :-)

if i can afford an asp and want to do rare trade running and occassional bounty shit will the ASP be better than the cobra in almost everyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    if i can afford an asp and want to do rare trade running and occassional bounty shit will the ASP be better than the cobra in almost everyway?
    If you can pay for the upgrades then yes. The Asp stock is worse than the cobra stock and costs a tone to upgrade to make it good (think 4-5 times the cost of the hull). When its good though its really good and will kick the ass out of a cobra.

So if you can JUST afford an Asp you are better off getting a Cobra and fitting it well. If you can easily afford an Asp, then go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Why is my mission complete button red and unclickable despite the "well done for fetching that data" type message?

The required items are in my cargo hold, retrieved from the location I was sent to but I cannot collect my reward.

Also, now would be a good time to know what the screenshot shortcut is, puush doesn't want to work.

EDIT: Fibbing.

Spoiler:

P.S. Yes I know I'm super rich. I'm going around figuring how many ways I can blow myself up before maybe doing a re-start.
    Last edited by Lady Spank; January 3 2015 at 12:21:11 AM.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Why is my mission complete button red and unclickable despite the "well done for fetching that data" type message?

The required items are in my cargo hold, retrieved from the location I was sent to but I cannot collect my reward.

Also, now would be a good time to know what the screenshot shortcut is, puush doesn't want to work.
    F10. You can also do a high res one with alt-F10 but that seems broken for me.

you have to dock back at the station that gave you the mission and go back to bulitin board to dial it in.

edit learnt some screenshot skilz from above
    edit, where do i find the screenshot location!!!
    edit found them! C:\Users\Lee\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous fucking my pictures... what a place to dump them.
    Last edited by Kraken; January 3 2015 at 12:30:26 AM.

[QUOTE=Kraken;1237970]
    you have to dock back at the station that gave you the mission and go back to bulitin board to dial it in.
    That's what I did... Have double checked I'm in the right place.

The mission asked for 'an example of their rebel transmissions' and what I collected were 'Military Plans' but that triggered a success notification so I don't know if that is a bug or me being a noob.
    Last edited by Lady Spank; January 3 2015 at 12:35:13 AM.
      Spoiler:

[QUOTE=Lady Spank;1237972]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    That's what I did... will double check I'm in the right place.

The mission asked for 'an example of their rebel transmissions' and what I collected were 'Military Plans' but that triggered a success notification so I don't know if that is a bug or me being a noob.
    keep looking for rebel transmissions, they are different. if its red it may be failed due to time limit expiring, it just wont say its failed, just the original message, may need to disguard it if so?

Also just as a general mission running fyi, you cannot turn in an item for a mission if it is marked stolen unless the mission explicitly demands stolen goods.

Not sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk now Free

Man, PVE is so hard. Assumed the mission was automatically signposted for me so took the first one I found.. Went back and what do you know...

Spoiler:

Thanks!
      Spoiler:

So has any of you paired up and tried killing each other to see if it is possible to farm buddy bounties? From what I understand, you only have to pay your own bounty if you respawn in a station owned by the faction that issued it, so if you land at a neutral station before taking off and getting killed by a friend, you might be able to make money from it.

If this works, it shouldn't take much effort to rack up an enormous bounty from being repeatedly caught with expensive stolen cargo.

My account is going to be down until they fix it (likely sometime next week), so I can't do anything right now, but I am tempted to make an alt account if anyone else wants to try it.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

You are so mean, because of you I'm going to eve fest!
    I never even liked dark souls, so how do you eve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Apparently the high-res screenshot option only works in solo mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    The fuck?

You know I may as well play this game in solo mode anyway. I literally never see anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    The fuck?

You know I may as well play this game in solo mode anyway. I literally never see anyone..
    Probably because they're stored as a 100mb .bmp file, and the game lags for a second or two while taking them (at least my rig does).

Alt+F10 doesn't work in Open Play, only solo mode because reasons.

Edit: derp, beaten.

Fake edit: there is absolutely no reason to not be able to do that in Open Play, even lagging 1 - 2 seconds is tolerable imo, but Frontier have made some really retarded choices lately.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.