hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 363

Thread: Exploration - Where you bitches going/been?

  1. #321
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,251
    With passengers, I thought "This exploration thing might get at least a little bit profitable". So I picked up a mission where an explorer wanted me to fly out to the middle of the galaxy 29K lightyears away to scan the supermassive black hole. The mission itself was worth 75 million, coupled with the income from the exploration data it would be a nice payout. And it was time for me to do some exploration.

    One important requirement the passenger had: Do not under any circumstance want to get scanned. Ok, I thought. NBD. Who the hell is going to scan me out there in nowhere anyways?

    So finally there, after a very repetitive journey. Of endless, jump, scan, jump scan occasionally head out to an interesting spot and scan, then jump scan I FINALY got to Sagittarius A* scanned it (had to jump put of supercruise) and took the opportunity to admire the view and breathe out.

    A couple of minutes went by and then I heard through the speakers: "Scan detected"

    FUCKING TWATS

  2. #322
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    With passengers, I thought "This exploration thing might get at least a little bit profitable". So I picked up a mission where an explorer wanted me to fly out to the middle of the galaxy 29K lightyears away to scan the supermassive black hole. The mission itself was worth 75 million, coupled with the income from the exploration data it would be a nice payout. And it was time for me to do some exploration.

    One important requirement the passenger had: Do not under any circumstance want to get scanned. Ok, I thought. NBD. Who the hell is going to scan me out there in nowhere anyways?

    So finally there, after a very repetitive journey. Of endless, jump, scan, jump scan occasionally head out to an interesting spot and scan, then jump scan I FINALY got to Sagittarius A* scanned it (had to jump put of supercruise) and took the opportunity to admire the view and breathe out.

    A couple of minutes went by and then I heard through the speakers: "Scan detected"

    FUCKING TWATS
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

  3. #323
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    With passengers, I thought "This exploration thing might get at least a little bit profitable". So I picked up a mission where an explorer wanted me to fly out to the middle of the galaxy 29K lightyears away to scan the supermassive black hole. The mission itself was worth 75 million, coupled with the income from the exploration data it would be a nice payout. And it was time for me to do some exploration.

    One important requirement the passenger had: Do not under any circumstance want to get scanned. Ok, I thought. NBD. Who the hell is going to scan me out there in nowhere anyways?

    So finally there, after a very repetitive journey. Of endless, jump, scan, jump scan occasionally head out to an interesting spot and scan, then jump scan I FINALY got to Sagittarius A* scanned it (had to jump put of supercruise) and took the opportunity to admire the view and breathe out.

    A couple of minutes went by and then I heard through the speakers: "Scan detected"

    FUCKING TWATS
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    MFW i heard that notice


  4. #324

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,758
    Passenger happiness only alters the payout iirc? Anyway, I'm sure you boosted/went silent running/high-waked to not have the scan completed, right?

    Either way, suuuuuucks...

  5. #325
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Passenger happiness only alters the payout iirc? Anyway, I'm sure you boosted/went silent running/high-waked to not have the scan completed, right?

    Either way, suuuuuucks...
    It was late, I had been really pushing it to the last leg of the journey and was totally unprepared for that fucker. And the passenger got mad and ejected. Right next to a supermassive black hole, mind you. Which added at least some comic relief to an otherwise depressing moment.

    General rage quit relativistic fuckery. This game trolls you on so many levels
    Last edited by helgur; November 4 2016 at 03:51:28 PM.

  6. #326

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,758
    So turns out all dem fancy hinted aliens people were out to find, well, what they found were a bunch of planets that made Elite crash as you got too close... Turns out the 'content' was making folks crash, and now has been disabled, pending a fix. This will take some time....

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Folks,

    The problem has been identified and appears to affect all of these elements. Zac has just posted about it here. Really sorry about this, can only apologise for the resultant hiatus in the story.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...awkins-Gap-bug

    Best regards,

    Drew.
    In a side note they let slip that players where alot quicker in figuring out the clue than expected....
    Last edited by Torashuu; December 5 2016 at 09:20:10 AM.

  7. #327
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Players always find this stuff out faster than they expect.

    Need to try and find some time to finish up my epic journey over Xmas, am nearing the galactic core for a nice look at Sag A then probably head up to the top of the galaxy for some nice views before coming back to the bubble.

  8. #328
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,104
    I'm out near the next spiral arm over, heading (deliberately) away from Colonia. Only went out there to grind explo data for Felicity Farseer, but now I am I'm half tempted to make the Sag A run over the xmas break.

  9. #329
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,104
    explain? Or screen shot?

  10. #330
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    explain? Or screen shot?
    he.....

    is a bot I think

  11. #331
    Smuggo
    Guest
    99% of FHC posters are now bots.

  12. #332
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,104
    Maybe he was the 'passes butter' bot

  13. #333

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,315
    This is what Exploration is about:


  14. #334
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,214
    Well? What is it? ☺

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Hiro Cor

  15. #335
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Well? What is it? ☺

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Whatever it is, it's full of stars
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  16. #336

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,315
    It is a Black Hole - the effect seen is gravitational lensing, which distorts/bends the light. So the stars seen is part of the center of the galaxy, as seen through a Black Hole. I didn't literally mean that exploration is about gravitational lensing or Black Hole, but sights like this and similar is what it's about (of course, it's also about ranking up to Elite in exploration, so thus a mix of sightseeing and gridning Neutron stars along the Neutron highways.. ).

    Edit: Also, exploration + this is so fucking golden:

    Last edited by morpheps; March 21 2017 at 07:18:22 PM.

  17. #337
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    It is a Black Hole - the effect is seen is gravitational lensing, which distorts/bends the light. So the stars seen is part of the center of the galaxy, as seen through a Black Hole. I didn't literally mean that exploration is about gravitational lensing or Black Hole, but sights like this and similar is what it's about (of course, it's also about ranking up to Elite in exploration, so thus a mix of sightseeing and gridning Neutron stars along the Neutron highways.. ).

    Edit: Also, exploration + this is so fucking golden:

    I like rocking the Eve Symphony they put on for Fanfest a few years ago, great music really.

  18. #338

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,315
    Thanks for the tip on the Symphony, wasn't aware of that. Must say I am partial to the original when it comes to Below the Asteroids, but it is good stuff.

  19. #339

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,315
    Found a ringed water world and a water world, each (in separate systems) orbiting Neutron stars. Backdrop is towards the center of the galaxy, starting to get a bit closer, so it's getting dense.



  20. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Took a 1500 Ly distant passenger mission in my dolphin, and decided to scan everything that wasn't already discovered by someone.

    Back at Farseer's station and hull integrity is down to 27% and 10% paint job. My ship looks like a mess.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •