hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Exploration - Where you bitches going/been?

Exploration - Where you bitches going/been?

So im still on route to NGC 7822. Going is getting tough. Wheres everyone else going?

Also
      Spoiler:

This warpin frightened the shit out of me.. I also took heat damage before I could get away from them.

May have found a way in.. Getting close now.

Last edited by Lana Torrin; January 1 2015 at 02:11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I wanted to go to the Cat's Eye Nebula but it's wayyy above the galactic plane and there is nothing to target inside it.

I think I will go to the Coalsack for my first trip.

Also for anyone wanting to go to the core: don't. The systems there are bugged and your character will get stuck.

OK... What the actual fuck.

ngc 7822 sector jh-v c2-2

Spoiler:

The more I look around the more interesting this gets.. Looks like half the region is locked out.
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; January 1 2015 at 03:04:22 AM.

Bought myself a Cobra after making a "shitload" of money in belts popping Anaconda's - This has been fun but Hogg an I bought Cobras and fitted for some decent range and here we are a distance from home.

What now?

The Cobra feels awful in combat, vulnerable and slow against its cheaper (but less exploration capable counterpart).

I either need to make a lot of money fast, or start killing players.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    OK... What the actual fuck.

ngc 7822 sector jh-v c2-2

Spoiler:

The more I look around the more interesting this gets.. Looks like half the region is locked out.
    Ok what the fuck is it hairy trying that on i/i.

I'm currently somewhere between Achenar and Lave. Once I get to Lave I'm gonna look up my old trading route from the original Elite to see if it's still there.

Don't want to go anywhere too far off until I have an A grade FSD and an advanced discovery scanner on my Cobra.
    Last edited by Ben Derindar; January 1 2015 at 08:53:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post
    Bought myself a Cobra after making a "shitload" of money in belts popping Anaconda's - This has been fun but Hogg an I bought Cobras and fitted for some decent range and here we are a distance from home.

What now?

The Cobra feels awful in combat, vulnerable and slow against its cheaper (but less exploration capable counterpart).

Make money, fit it to the standard of previous ship and/or A grade internals. Then try again. imho Cobra isn't great at combat, but some people swear by it.

Does the advanced discovery scanner scan the whole system or is it just a faster single scan of planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Does the advanced discovery scanner scan the whole system or is it just a faster single scan of planets?
    Basic Discovery Scanner has a range of 500 light seconds. Intermediate has 1000ls range, and the Advanced scans the entire system regardless of range. If you're going serious explorer, don't leave home without the Advanced.

Edit: Also, leave home in something bigger than a Cobra. A Cobra will get you around 1-2k ly away from the core systems before the jump range drives you space-mad - it's just not enough for really long distances.
    Last edited by Saul; January 1 2015 at 11:06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post

What now?

Where do you find Anacondas? Best i manage to get in extraction sites are lowly Cobras.

Stolen from Reddit

So before I venture out, should I get an ASP or stick with my almost full grade A Cobra? I'm worried about ship hull durability, wat do.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    So before I venture out, should I get an ASP or stick with my almost full grade A Cobra? I'm worried about ship hull durability, wat do.
    Get an Asp. It'll mean a longer wait before you go but an infinitely more tolerable journey.

Back to the rare grind it is, then
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

would you D fit it for lower mass apart from FSD the asp for exploring? is it any good for combat also as an upgrade to the cobra for pew pew funs?

Instead of the Asp, i would have a good look at the Lakon Type 6 for exploration. It is still somewhat affordable, has almost the asp's jumprange and should have all the internal slots one would ever want as an explorer.
    Last edited by Constantinus; January 1 2015 at 10:56:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Instead of the Asp, i would have a good look at the Lakon Type 6 for exploration. It is still somewhat affordable, has almost the asp's jumprange and should have all the internal slots one would ever want as an explorer.
    I'm running a Type 6 now for rare trading and I kinda like the maneouvrability and stuffs, it isn't bad for what it is and it's quite affordable to outfit nicely.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Yeah, it's decent. Mine does around 220/350 and jumps 28 LY unladen IIRC. Drop the cargobays and you have room for scanners etc. Doesnt feel quite like an Asp though. The problem with the Asp is that upgrades are so bloody expensive, and ditto repairs..

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    would you D fit it for lower mass apart from FSD the asp for exploring? is it any good for combat also as an upgrade to the cobra for pew pew funs?
    I've D fit mine except for the jump drive.. I should have also underfit shields and no guns..

So I found life floating around a blackhole... Also I recorded one.. If anyone interested in seeing one (or seeing inside a nebula) then here.