hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 46 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: EU 4 European Bloodbowl- IBERIAN ECONOMIC VICTORY

EU 4 European Bloodbowl- IBERIAN ECONOMIC VICTORY

Game Over.

Last savefile (1 March): https://www.dropbox.com/s/9emecp9tre...01_01.eu4?dl=0

Maps
    (Open in new tab for full size)
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Campaign start

Spoiler:

End of session 1. Bohemia was killed off quickly, Portugal begins colonizing, France survives the Hundred Years War, England is thrown back to the sea, and Savoy begins to unify Italy.

Spoiler:

End of Session 2. Elriche returns as Bahmanis, The Hansa are vassalized under sweden as the result of a war which also sees Burgundy lose territory, other colonial powers join Portugal in the new world, and the Golden Horde lose a decisive war for control of the steppe region.

Spoiler:

End of Session 3. Austria expands greatly, colonial empires take shape, Italy and The Netherlands are founded, France gains the de jure Duchy of Burgundy, and the Ottomans take the Levant from the Mamluks.

Spoiler:

End of Session 4. Italy is destroyed by a Franco-Iberian assault, Spain colonizes a large portion of the historical Viceroyalty of New Spain and gains control of the Genoa region, Portugal stands at a crossroads between Hindustan and Persia, The Commonwealth takes the Caucasus from the carcass of the Golden Horde but loses important provinces to Russia and Scandinavia, and the filthy Dutch show their faces in the Spice Isles at last.

Spoiler:
    Spain and Austria partition Italy (while fighting a war over it), Aztecs explode out of Mexico thanks to overextension, Dutch colonial provinces are lost to Great Britain, IKEAnada and Brazil expand greatly, Terra de Kirchner is founded in Patagonia, Russia and Qing expand in the East, more colonial powers appear in East Asia

Spoiler:

Austria throws in the towel, Great Britain is brought to its knees. Undecided war still raging in Eastern Europe.

Spoiler:

A wild Germany appears, formed by Brandenburg. Persia and Hindustan clash at the Indus river. Ottomans are brought down. USA THROWS OFF ITS CHAINS AND DECLARES INDEPENDENCE, GG NO RE.

Ledgerdumps

Players
      Spoiler:

RIP: Bohemia, The Hansa, The Golden Horde, Italy, Venice

Rules;

- When planning a player war, have war demands drawn up before you declare war. I will not keep the game paused because a faction was unprepared
    - Dead players can rejoin as a viable pick upon the next rehost (to be determined on group consensus)
    - No declarations of war against player nations who're under AI management if the player was present during the previous session. Please try to find a sub who you trust with your nation if you can't make it.
    - Save game editing; I will only edit the save game to unfuck an AI managed nation. I will swap AI chosen NI's within reason too. Player decisions will stand.
    - Speed 3 when no player wars are underway, Speed 2 if at war with a player
    - Ledger will be locked.
    - Non-random new world.
    - Normal AI, no lucky nations

Threads from the previous sessions:

http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...SKIES-PVEctory

http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...days-17-00-GMT

http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...0-GMT-FINISHED

Here's Zepps introduction from the last thread for those who don't know what EU4 is or have never played Eu4 multi.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post

Communication: Steam Group

I have set up a steam group for FHC Paradox multiplayer communications. If you're interested in joining in on our multiplayer shenanigans, please do join this group as it'll give the host(me) a way to get in touch with players as we're about to get the game started. Other advantages include you having a pool of players you can ask to substitute for you aswell as being able to get in touch with others and make underhanded diplomatic deals between sessions - also, the ingame chat for Eu4 is notoriously bad much like the people using it. I don't think we've gone a single session without someone attempting to send a private message to someone dropping it in open chat for everyone to read, famous lines such as the Ottomans letting everyone know they were planning a surprise attack next year.

It is also much much easier for everyone to join in the game by right clicking my name in steam and pressing the 'join game' button rather than trying to find me in the ingame lobby.

tldr: Please do use steam for communication. You can find the FHC PDX steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FHCParadox

Communication: Teamspeak

During our previous sessions, the majority of the players have been on the failheap teamspeak server while playing. It's a lot easier negotiating peace deals over voice, but also if you need to request raised or lowered gamespeed, using voice is simply quicker this way. You also get to hang out with some of FHC's finest map-staring-experts.

Questions

- How does this work?
    The game is a RTS, however everyone has the ability to pause the game and the host has the ability to raise and lower gamespeed. I will be aiming to keep the game moving forward at speed 3 for most of the time, but also allowing for players who have a lot of things to deal with(like warring other players) to request the gamespeed lowered to two or even pausing it under certain situations.

- I'm new and very bad at this. Can I join anyway?
    Sure.

- What DLC do I need?
    You don't need any. Anyone who joins a multiplayer game will have access to all the DLC the host has running. Keep in mind though, you will be unable to open the save game in singleplayer to have a look around between sessions if you do not have the DLCs.

- What DLC is the host running?
    All of them

Things not covered by the rules by the rules well we can discuss on teamspeak/steam. I try and make every ruling a group decision.

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; March 24 2015 at 12:05:13 AM.

For those who don't know, my mod right now incorporates an updated brockmod(removing natural relations), adds a new way to westenize that goes through each tech group, and makes Persia a pickable country in 12nov1444(I'm also open to adding other countries to that kind of start as well). Am totally willing to do any number of mods so long as I can figure out how to code them.

Also voting for a RotW, but also would be cool if we had people in Europe and elsewhere. I could give the bigger countries of Europe more land so as to have less pve required and make it possible to have less people in Europe.

Timing will be important for me now. I no longer work some Sundays and instead work every Sunday. However, I work later hours and might be able to shift some of it to Saturday.

I vote for a Europe centered game with non-random new world

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    i second this

Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    i second this
    I also vote for forcing hopper to play a western european nation that lacks the ability to expand into AI forever.

I may be a bit bitter....

I agree with western nations and "normal" new world.

I also would love a game some day with the following participant countries.

France
    England
    Castile/Aragorn
    Portugal
    Austria
    Poland/Lithuania
    Denmark/Sweden
    Venice
    Hansa/Brandenburg/Bohemia

Let Russia and Ottomans be the bogeymen from the east.

I will most likely be around for this.

I've previously been in favour of random new world for multiplayer games, but previously, it's never had the effect I've been hoping for: a less predicatable colonial race game. However, every time we've played, there's just never been enough competition in the race, always plenty of space for everyone and thus, no reason for players to fight over the new world holdings. When I played Britain, there where no colonial wars, when I played Algiers, there where no colonial wars of note and when I played Poland(a game where we had England, Denmark, Portugal, France, Burgundy, Castile and Aragon) there where no colonial wars because Portugal, Castile and England threw in the towel early and Aragon never had any interest in playing the colonial game - so the new world colonists where France, the Netherlands and Denmark - too much space to pick from, no reason to fight at all.

Regular new world might just be for the best.

Would play dependant upon what time/day it is etc

I'm definitely interested, but I'll have to see how reliable an internet connection I can get. I moved to Denmark in early September and I'm partly still settling in. I can always play at work, of course, where Internet works splendidly (assuming we continue the time-honored tradition of playing on Sundays).

Furthermore, seconding the "Europe-centered game with non-random new world".

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

i second this
    I also vote for forcing hopper to play a western european nation that lacks the ability to expand into AI forever.

heh perhaps ill try france, i heard they are a hard nation to play

i second this

heh perhaps ill try france, i heard they are a hard nation to play
    I would love to see how you do hemmed in by hostile nations the entire game

Quote Originally Posted by Hydronic View Post
    Would play dependant upon what time/day it is etc
    1800 GMT on Sundays. How does starting on the 10th sound?

Also, Russian/Steppe and Muslim nations will be locked unless we get 10+ players.

I'll take whatever needs to be taken.

Are we doing public country requests this time or are we doing blind picks again?

Public is what most hosts do on the paradox forums so we'll do that unless anyone has any objections, post your top 5.

We'll start picking one week out on 3 Jan, to give everyone time to see if they can commit to playing.

i take it you ment the 11th seeing as the 10th is on a saturday

also i think we need a russia if only so the plc has something to worry about seeing as thats a start better than france imo(if not screwed over by 0mil point leaders lol), especially with how easy it is to feed lithuania and then freely incorporate them

also i think we need a russia if only so the plc has something to worry about seeing as thats a start better than france imo(if not screwed over by 0mil point leaders lol), especially with how easy it is to feed lithuania and then freely incorporate them
    I cannot into dates, fixed.

If there's a Russia we'll need a Kazan or Golden Horde though, but point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

And if there's an Ottoman we'll need a Mamluk, QQ or Timurid and if there's a Timurid we'll need a Bahamanis or Vijay and if there's a Vijay or Bahamanis we'll need a Bengal or Auythayayayayayya...

Not that I disagree, but past experience tells me there's never going to be two perfectly balanced rivals about - especially since if one gets into a dominant position over the other we'll likely see a ragequit.

That said, if we go with a Novgorod Russia over a Muscovite Russia, I don't think we'll need a horde player as Novorod doesn't turn into the snowballing military powerhouse as Muscovy does, limitless PVE or no.

I'm in.

New years resolution: crush all heretics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

And if there's an Ottoman we'll need a Mamluk, QQ or Timurid and if there's a Timurid we'll need a Bahamanis or Vijay and if there's a Vijay or Bahamanis we'll need a Bengal or Auythayayayayayya...

Not that I disagree, but past experience tells me there's never going to be two perfectly balanced rivals about - especially since if one gets into a dominant position over the other we'll likely see a ragequit.

That said, if we go with a Novgorod Russia over a Muscovite Russia, I don't think we'll need a horde player as Novorod doesn't turn into the snowballing military powerhouse as Muscovy does, limitless PVE or no.
    Having rivals setup as a group of three instead might fix said rage issues.