hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Best t1 cruiser for lowsec solo PvP?

  1. #1
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,662

    Best t1 cruiser for lowsec solo PvP?

    I'm looking for the best t1 (not faction, pirate or t2) cruiser for true solo PvP, for engaging BC and down, willing to put a few hundred mill (2-3) of pimp on it and spend much more on implants as lowsec. No links or alts except noobscout

    What do you suggest and why?
    Last edited by Lallante; December 21 2014 at 04:35:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,535
    Are you excluding faction cruisers?

    If not then VNI or Navy Omen.

  3. #3
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Are you excluding faction cruisers?

    If not then VNI or Navy Omen.
    Yes, pure t1 only. Dont want to be too obvious a target.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    351
    Not sure if you are cool with Navy boats, So I am going to list those as well.

    Scythe Fleet; RLML, shield fit- this thing is a monster. Fast as a T1 frig, and out runs everything else. So excellent Anti-T1 cruiser, destroyer, frigate level ship. It never was too popular- so the scare factor is very low. Its nice. Has a great weapon system with 5 lights and missiles. Of all ships mentioned, this has the most immunity to EWAR. (ECM / Damps / TD)

    Omen Navy Issue: This ship is very strong, however its scare factor is well known. Amazing kiter. With basic speed implants + nano going close to 2.8k/s unheated. With over 400DPS out to 45K This thing has great damage, mixed with projection. One of my favorite ships.

    Vexor Navy Issue: 100MN AB fit, armor rep- this thing is a utility monster. Offering a huge engaement profile with one of the best weapon systems (Drones) along with great DPS from Gecks, you really can't go wrong here. However like the ONI this ship is very well known currently and some people may be afraid. Also in my taste it is a bit slow / crappy agility. That is IMO.

    Now for the T1 cruisers:

    Omen: Low Tank, Nano / Max Pulse scorch range. Looking at around 400DPS out to 32k. 2.6k/s unheated with nice tracking. Use this ship to headshot frigs and down. Is able to hunt T1 cruisers as well. Provided you can kite them, and keep your cap up- Stabbers, Caracals, armor thorax are all targets.

    Vexor: Like the navy vexor the amout of utility you can fit on this ship is simply absurd. XLASB, buffer shield, buffer armor, active armor. All can be mixed and matched. Vexor again has a great weapon system with drones, which is very useful.

    Caracal: RLML fit this ship has become widly known in the past year. People know what to expect, and its cookie cutter fit is a bad thing. However it does its job very well. Weakly tanked T1 cruisers and down are lunch meat for this thing. Sporting Light missiles, this ship also has the BEST weapon system for solo PvP. FOF missiles can cut out damps, ECM, and TD's ofc don't effect you. Its a very nice skill to have when the current PvP meta is frig heavy, with many spatterings of EAF / EWAR frigs.

    Stabber: I only bring this ship up, becuase suprisingly it performs very well with great pilot / ingame skill during the current meta. While not as 'strong' as other ships, it has a few points taht I wish to highlight.
    1. Everyone thinks this thing is trash. Stabber is vey un-assuming. As such you will get some really nice fights, and have in general an easier time navigating frig blob land that is eve.
    2. EXTREAMLY potent frig / dessie killer. I have had Drams / DD's come rushing at me in pairs. Links and all. -200mil in pirate frigs later, and my 12mil stabber is still kicking. RLML + 220's with RF EMD, 5 light drones is nothing to scoff at from a frigs point of view.
    3. Speed. Stabber is blazingly fast- which is great for getting out of blobby situations, and dealing with the current frig meta. Only T1 fris / faction / inty have a hope of catching you
    4. Versatility. With 2RLML launchers and a flight of light drones, this turret boat can cope fairly well with ECM / Damps / TD. While certainly not as strong as pure missile boats, the drones + RLMLs can sometimes be enough to break that long pointing damp garmur / sticky ECM situation.

    All of that being said- stabber is going to struggle a bit vs other cruisers. While it certainly has the possibility to kill some.... it will be rare. Stabber lacks staying power vs other ships of its class. Becuase of the speed however, you can always go in for a quick kiss. If you notice they have a crap fit / noob then stick around and collect kill. If properly fit, turn and burn+ just shake and bake.

    Hope that helps?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    351
    My no picks:

    Rupture: Too slow
    Bellicose: Meh DPS / no cap. Could be used as a poor cracal.... but i really don't like the ship. MOre unassuming I suppose. Reliance on unbonused MED drone flight is just not my style.

    Moa: Too Slow / Brawly
    Black Bird: No one is going to fight you / crap DPS

    Thorax: Shield brawling with blasters is ok... however I am not a huge fan of brawling, and not a big fan of blaster kiting after the TE nerf. but there are better choices. Rails don't track well enough imo. While you can have a web with that fit- your tank becomes very, very underwhelming. It does however have great DPS at range so meh?
    Celestis: No DPS / no speed

    Maller: Too slow / Brawler
    Arbitrator: Use a vexor / too slow / no DPS

  6. #6
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,480
    Just buy rifters, my new years resolution is to bring rifters back.

    tapadong
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  7. #7
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Celestis: No DPS / no speed
    Heh, went out in a cruiser roam in a Celestis.

    Top dps on like, most kills :P

  8. #8
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Celestis: No DPS / no speed
    Heh, went out in a cruiser roam in a Celestis.

    Top dps on like, most kills :P
    I think that speaks more for the company you keep than the quality of the ship
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    September 7, 2014
    Location
    Tuskers
    Posts
    36
    Definitely Stabber as far as kiting ships go: good speed, good projection, and surprisingly good applied DPS to frigates at 30 km with barrage + rapid lights. Any frigate gang with any experience knows not to chase after an Omen Navy or a RLML Caracal, but nobody seems to think of a Stabber as being a good frigate killer. The Stabber also isn't completely hamstrung by the RLML reload time.

    For brawling, or 1v1 cruiser fights, I like dual-rep Vexors. They really shine with links (you can engage virtually anything BC or below), but should still work solo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Bellicose: Meh DPS / no cap. Could be used as a poor cracal.... but i really don't like the ship. MOre unassuming I suppose. Reliance on unbonused MED drone flight is just not my style.
    I haven't flown it much at all, so I have no real experience with it, but on paper it seems to be about as good as a Caracal. Its cap isn't that much worse than a Caracal, and it's faster. With a TP its applied DPS with rapid lights is actually better than a Caracal's against frigates. You could always just use a full flight of light drones in the Bellicose. Only real downside vs the Caracal is the range.

  10. #10
    shoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Shit
    Posts
    1,606
    i gave a 650mm arty stabber a go

    it's super fun thing to fly, can reliably pop t1 shit coming at you, but no way in hell can you kill t2 small hulls, or faction hulls faster then you.
    it's also super, super unforgiving to fly. And it still has a fat ass.

    why 650mm arty? because projection. i've ran it in eft and it's ridiculous, double the barrage damage at 20km and you can pick damage type...

    i've lost more then i've killed, but then again i'm nowhere near being a good pilot.
    Still, i have several more to lose.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

  11. #11
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Pretty sure barrage is like 20 dps less with way superior tracking and 720 are all around better. Granted you do lose the double inertia stabs,
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  12. #12
    shoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Shit
    Posts
    1,606
    220mm ac, barrage vs 650mm arty, rf emp (higher is arty)


    but even with 650mm dps is pitiful, god damn i couldn't do shit with ACs
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

  13. #13
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    I just tried to open the thing you linked and i got a "STOP, THIS SITE IS DISTRIBUTING CHILD PORNOGRAPHIE" warning before the site even opened, so use imgur next time.



    Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that there is indeed a eft graph there and not something else (cause even here thats an instaban for life).

    On topic




    (edit, mean that imagsite in the rep not failheap)
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 28 2014 at 07:21:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    21,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I'm looking for the best t1 (not faction, pirate or t2) cruiser for true solo PvP, for engaging BC and down, willing to put a few hundred mill (2-3) of pimp on it and spend much more on implants as lowsec. No links or alts except noobscout

    What do you suggest and why?
    What part of lowsec?

  15. #15
    shoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Shit
    Posts
    1,606
    what the fuck

    ontopic: the graph i linked has only guns, 2 gyros. nothing else.
    Last edited by shoki; December 28 2014 at 10:29:24 PM.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

  16. #16
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    Not sure if you are cool with Navy boats, So I am going to list those as well.

    Scythe Fleet; RLML, shield fit- this thing is a monster. Fast as a T1 frig, and out runs everything else. So excellent Anti-T1 cruiser, destroyer, frigate level ship. It never was too popular- so the scare factor is very low. Its nice. Has a great weapon system with 5 lights and missiles. Of all ships mentioned, this has the most immunity to EWAR. (ECM / Damps / TD)

    Omen Navy Issue: This ship is very strong, however its scare factor is well known. Amazing kiter. With basic speed implants + nano going close to 2.8k/s unheated. With over 400DPS out to 45K This thing has great damage, mixed with projection. One of my favorite ships.

    Vexor Navy Issue: 100MN AB fit, armor rep- this thing is a utility monster. Offering a huge engaement profile with one of the best weapon systems (Drones) along with great DPS from Gecks, you really can't go wrong here. However like the ONI this ship is very well known currently and some people may be afraid. Also in my taste it is a bit slow / crappy agility. That is IMO.

    Now for the T1 cruisers:

    Omen: Low Tank, Nano / Max Pulse scorch range. Looking at around 400DPS out to 32k. 2.6k/s unheated with nice tracking. Use this ship to headshot frigs and down. Is able to hunt T1 cruisers as well. Provided you can kite them, and keep your cap up- Stabbers, Caracals, armor thorax are all targets.

    Vexor: Like the navy vexor the amout of utility you can fit on this ship is simply absurd. XLASB, buffer shield, buffer armor, active armor. All can be mixed and matched. Vexor again has a great weapon system with drones, which is very useful.

    Caracal: RLML fit this ship has become widly known in the past year. People know what to expect, and its cookie cutter fit is a bad thing. However it does its job very well. Weakly tanked T1 cruisers and down are lunch meat for this thing. Sporting Light missiles, this ship also has the BEST weapon system for solo PvP. FOF missiles can cut out damps, ECM, and TD's ofc don't effect you. Its a very nice skill to have when the current PvP meta is frig heavy, with many spatterings of EAF / EWAR frigs.

    Stabber: I only bring this ship up, becuase suprisingly it performs very well with great pilot / ingame skill during the current meta. While not as 'strong' as other ships, it has a few points taht I wish to highlight.
    1. Everyone thinks this thing is trash. Stabber is vey un-assuming. As such you will get some really nice fights, and have in general an easier time navigating frig blob land that is eve.
    2. EXTREAMLY potent frig / dessie killer. I have had Drams / DD's come rushing at me in pairs. Links and all. -200mil in pirate frigs later, and my 12mil stabber is still kicking. RLML + 220's with RF EMD, 5 light drones is nothing to scoff at from a frigs point of view.
    3. Speed. Stabber is blazingly fast- which is great for getting out of blobby situations, and dealing with the current frig meta. Only T1 fris / faction / inty have a hope of catching you
    4. Versatility. With 2RLML launchers and a flight of light drones, this turret boat can cope fairly well with ECM / Damps / TD. While certainly not as strong as pure missile boats, the drones + RLMLs can sometimes be enough to break that long pointing damp garmur / sticky ECM situation.

    All of that being said- stabber is going to struggle a bit vs other cruisers. While it certainly has the possibility to kill some.... it will be rare. Stabber lacks staying power vs other ships of its class. Becuase of the speed however, you can always go in for a quick kiss. If you notice they have a crap fit / noob then stick around and collect kill. If properly fit, turn and burn+ just shake and bake.

    Hope that helps?
    Try the non tank stabber, you arent killing cruiser anyway nor are you ever going to be close to one anyways so i like to maximize frig killing potential and just ignore everything bigger. Since my eft is broken atm so just doing the non eft one, triple gyro/tracking enhancer for lows, 10mn mwd, point, tracking computer, small cap booster for mids, 425s, dual rlmls, ambit dual polys for rigs. Fly like the ultimate kiting assault frigate. Deals over 300dps at 40km (or 50 dont remember) with heat or so. Massacres frig fleets.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  17. #17

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    766
    Go with Gallente aka. le FoTM?

    - AAR Rail Thorax for kiting - mad deeps, mad projection, work around tracking issues by not being bad (also defensive web/scram, also snakes)
    - Active-tanked Vexor for brawling - dps/tank stats are just insane for a t1 cruiser. I myself have done dualrep w/ electrons, but people also do triplerep/small lasers/scram only for 1k active tank ~truesolo~. Not sure how viable that is in the ab-only faggotry/links/hg-snakes everywhere land though. P sure you can also do hilarious dual/triple tank setups (like +hull rigs, LASB and a single AAR or something) and still be viable.
    Last edited by n0th; December 29 2014 at 10:12:24 AM.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    21,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Are you excluding faction cruisers?

    If not then VNI or Navy Omen.
    Yeah if you are.

  19. #19
    cr1234567188's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13, 2015
    Posts
    16
    It's not the best ( that'd be the VNI) but you can have a lot of fun in a RLM bellicose

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •