hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91

Thread: [PVP] Confessor

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,481

    [PVP] Confessor

    There was a discussion about this ship in the battlecruiser thread so let's post some fits here.

    I must say that after looking at it I must say that I like this ship a lot.

    Here's what I came up with:



      Spoiler:
    [Confessor, New Setup 1]
    Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
    Internal Force Field Array I
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Small Armor Repairer II
    Heat Sink II

    Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
    Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
    Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
    Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

    Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
    Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Small Energy Metastasis Adjuster II



    It has a decent tank for a destroyer and if you get kited you simply switch to sniper mode and hit to 18km with scorch OR you switch to speed and go 2468 m/swithout overheat.

    For fleets I would go with something like this (not fully decided yet):



      Spoiler:

    [Confessor, Fleet]
    400mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Damage Control II
    'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II

    Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
    Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
    Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    [empty high slot]

    Small Trimark Armor Pump II
    Small Trimark Armor Pump II
    Small Trimark Armor Pump II



    Again it has decent tank in defensive mode and if you switch to sniper you can hit up to 19k with scorch. And look at that awesome DPS

    I dont really like kitey fits because it seems like it's just not the right ship to do it but I'm sure that someone will come up with something. There will also probably be some attempts at 10mn faggotry but we'll see.
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

  2. #2
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,712
    This ship is literally the most broken thing in the game since the golden age of motherfucking golden-age tracking titans with free-fire doomsday. Holy fucking christ I'm gonna abuse this until it gets nerfed. )))

    No, I'm not posting my fit until I get to use it. I want to use it at least once before CCP nerfs it to hell and back.

    I can't fucking WAIT to get my hands on these motherfuckers.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

  3. #3
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Havnt looked at it in eft but statwise this is crap, im guessing you are going to do some liked, web beam stuff with snakes but imho that still is bad. I think the ship is utterly and totally garbage for everything bar linked brawling frig fleets.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,481
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    This ship is literally the most broken thing in the game since the golden age of motherfucking golden-age tracking titans with free-fire doomsday. Holy fucking christ I'm gonna abuse this until it gets nerfed. )))

    No, I'm not posting my fit until I get to use it. I want to use it at least once before CCP nerfs it to hell and back.

    I can't fucking WAIT to get my hands on these motherfuckers.
    Do you have autism and does it help you deal with daily problems?
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

  5. #5
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Havnt looked at it in eft but statwise this is crap, im guessing you are going to do some liked, web beam stuff with snakes but imho that still is bad. I think the ship is utterly and totally garbage for everything bar linked brawling frig fleets.
    I have two WIP fits.

    One of them does push the price extremely high with everything required/I'd use that helps, but this ship is fucking retarded and incredibly broken as a result.

    I'm surprised you haven't had a further look at this ship and figured it out yourself.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

  6. #6
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    I have, dont really like it.

    For bling out of the box fits you either 10mn mwd and put nomads in it, couple that with perma sniper mode and you have a 6+km/s ship that can hit very very far out with ok agility, but thats nearly impossible due to the ships fitting restrictions, or you 10mn ab it with scorch i guess (or beams), stay in sniper mode and cruise at 2.8km/s and if you get caught you quickly change to speed and heat out at 6.5+km/s with absurd agility.

    Lastly is some sort of 100mn cynabal in small, scram, defesnive mode, dual rep, use the 10mn ab to lower dps and to create transversal.


    Or some sort of super slicer maybe, speed + dps fit it and abuse links and snakes for speed and get a 30km 350dps scorch ship hat can cruise for 2.8km/s untiill you actually need the speed, in which case you take 17km optimal but 4.6km/s preheat. Or you do similar with beams, which nets you a 41km optimal with 218dps with over 4km/s again, but thats shit for tracking.


    Now havnt looked at it for long but i like neither, the 10second mode change imo is what kills it, without that it would be great.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 7 2014 at 02:02:44 PM. Reason: lastly
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  7. #7
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I have, dont really like it.

    For bling out of the box fits you either 10mn mwd and put nomads in it, couple that with perma sniper mode and you have a 6+km/s ship that can hit very very far out with ok agility, but thats nearly impossible due to the ships fitting restrictions, or you 10mn ab it with scorch i guess (or beams), stay in sniper mode and cruise at 2.8km/s and if you get caught you quickly change to speed and heat out at 6.5+km/s with absurd agility.

    Lastly is some sort of 100mn cynabal in small, scram, defesnive mode, dual rep, use the 10mn ab to lower dps and to create transversal.


    Or some sort of super slicer maybe, speed + dps fit it and abuse links and snakes for speed and get a 30km 350dps scorch ship hat can cruise for 2.8km/s untiill you actually need the speed, in which case you take 17km optimal but 4.6km/s preheat. Or you do similar with beams, which nets you a 41km optimal with 218dps with over 4km/s again, but thats shit for tracking.


    Now havnt looked at it for long but i like neither, the 10second mode change imo is what kills it, without that it would be great.
    Eh.

    So close, yet so far.

    I'll be heavily abusing them come patch day, you'll see what I mean then.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

  8. #8
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    You are talking about solo stuff right?

    I mean bar signature redcution abusing (for which this ship is p. bad) im kinda out of ideas for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  9. #9
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    You are talking about solo stuff right?

    I mean bar signature redcution abusing (for which this ship is p. bad) im kinda out of ideas for now.
    Yes, solo stuff.

    (Inb4 omgrawr officer mods, implants, drugs, and links aren't solo!!1111!!!1)
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

  10. #10
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,007
    Multiboxing 15 confessors isn't solo

  11. #11

    Join Date
    September 7, 2014
    Location
    Tuskers
    Posts
    36
    10mn AB fits look pretty interesting. Shown here in sniper mode with links & snakes:



    In speed mode it approaches 5000 m/sec cold with a 5.5 sec align time. The agility of the ship with an oversized AB in speed mode is the only truly unique thing about this ship (apart from the ability to change modes of course). Tracking against interceptors is horrid though, even at 40 km. If it's using beams it really needs to be carrying drop. I'd be much more enthusiastic about this ship if it didn't have the 10 sec cooldown between switching modes.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    351
    The fact that you need standard drop booster, and a forgiving transversal (aided with snakes + links + dual nano) Is just comedy bad.

    I am not criticizing your fit. (I fit mine roughly the same way) I am just blown away at how shit the confessor is at anything besides full on brawl mode. (Links + slaves needed)

    A slicer will chew this thing up, in fact so will many frigates and other T2 destroyers. Confessor suffers the fate of almost all other destroyers. Too slow to kite frigs, and too fat to avoid punishing Cruiser and BS fire- while not having the EHP to survive cruiser / BS level alpha.

  13. #13
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Nah, you cant even brawl with it as lazors + no tracking bonus + 3 mids (so either a good tank or a web) means this cant even brawl well.


    Also a scorch confessor would probably rape a slicer, same tracking, way more dps and range, sure you cant kill one (probably) but you would never lose as well. Its still crap though.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  14. #14
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    So instead of a solo ship, I see a small gang organized fleet application for this ship. Pulses, with as much buffer as you can fit, and an oversized AB. It provides a good gank fleet that can bite on ganks that may be bait, and simply AB out when it does turn out to be bait.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    September 7, 2014
    Location
    Tuskers
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessur View Post
    The fact that you need standard drop booster, and a forgiving transversal (aided with snakes + links + dual nano) Is just comedy bad.

    I am not criticizing your fit. (I fit mine roughly the same way) I am just blown away at how shit the confessor is at anything besides full on brawl mode. (Links + slaves needed)

    A slicer will chew this thing up, in fact so will many frigates and other T2 destroyers. Confessor suffers the fate of almost all other destroyers. Too slow to kite frigs, and too fat to avoid punishing Cruiser and BS fire- while not having the EHP to survive cruiser / BS level alpha.
    Yeah, it doesn't really look like it's going to be a great kiting ship, no matter how much I'd like it to be. When I first heard about this ship I had been hoping for a Coercer (optimal + tracking bonus) with Heretic speed. Apart from people being more willing to fight you, I can't see much of a compelling reason to choose this over an Omen Navy or a Heretic especially considering that their price is going to be similar.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Nah, you cant even brawl with it as lazors + no tracking bonus + 3 mids (so either a good tank or a web) means this cant even brawl well.


    Also a scorch confessor would probably rape a slicer, same tracking, way more dps and range, sure you cant kill one (probably) but you would never lose as well. Its still crap though.
    A scorch confessor with max locus, frentix, st-903 in sniper mode is 30K optimal. I am going to bet that most players are not going to be fitting 2X t2 locus, and a T1 locus, drugs with implants. That same fit in speed mode, has 18K optimal. My slicer has 27K Range and 190 heatd DPS. I feel that I am going to be dunking them more often than not.

  17. #17
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Im pretty sure most times the confessor is going to kill the slicer, sure you (as in you personally) probably wont die but you will probably not kill either if they play defensive for a bit.

    Im guess that at least 80% of slicer fight will end uP with the confessor heating into the slicer, measly 2.4km/s with heat isnt much but its enough to buy you a few seconds of damage before the slicer leaves the 30km range, slicer are in the 3k range of ehp (when people fly them without dcus) to 4.5k with a dcu, which would evoperate in 8-10 seconds (and a rep does nearly nothing, at most it buys you another second). Now thats actually without alpha beeing accounted for so the actual time fram is 6 seconds for a dcu less slicer and 8 seconds for one with a dcu before you die, assuming a 4km/s slicer you spend around 7 seconds or so getting from 20 to 30km, enough time for the confessor to end the job.

    Thats assuming a 1v1 with competent people and not nullsec tards chasing a slicer in speed mode untill they get a web while their blob waits for the to get tackle.

    Its still garbage though i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  18. #18

    Join Date
    July 7, 2013
    Posts
    351
    I don't disagree with your assessment of a competent slicer v confessor fight. The confessor (fit in sniper mode, full locus, drugs, implants) is going to force me off with 30K optimal no doubt. However in sniper its going so slow lol. Any fit that doe not include the things I have just outlined, is going to die in a horrible fire- and I will enjoy killing them <3

  19. #19
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Yeah it's not looking too great, mainly suffering from the same issue as the T1 destroyers, it's slower than most cruisers. Really wish they'd sort it out, the speed of Dictors is pretty much in the right place but T1 destroyers lag miles behind it and it makes them pretty useless for anything.

  20. #20
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Speed creep just hasnt arrived for them, which is sad because without the corax i think the destroyer lineup is pretty much the best balanced lineup in the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •