hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Bowl 2

have been a lot of people complaining that the new animations for actions are making games drag on a lot longer, which was my concern from the trailers. I had hoped you can disable them, because animations and cut scenes are always annoying once you've seen them a few times. Has anyone pre-ordered and is playing the beta, care to confirm what options can be disabled? Also people are raising an issue with the UI where the end turn button is too much part of the playing area and keeps getting hit accidentally, and the camera controls are none existent (not sure why that matters, i always played a fixed camera position)

I am going to go out on a limb and say this release is going to be a disaster and people are going to be bitching non-stop. Hope I am wrong, but Cyanide is shit.

I always wanted a decent BloodBowl videogame since the tabletop one was awesome, but got disappointed with bugs and stupid DRM. So I really hope this one is good.

i want this to be good, i really do, but im not entirely hopeful.

are undead even in the game?

#theskeletonkingsneverforget

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    I always wanted a decent BloodBowl videogame since the tabletop one was awesome, but got disappointed with bugs and stupid DRM. So I really hope this one is good.
    Well, there's FUMBBL if you want to play online.

Yeah I also want this to be good but not really building up my expectations.

So I broke down and bought this with the intention of returning before playing for 2 hours if I did not like it. I ended up playing 5 matches and went well past the 2 hour limit. It is missing many teams, but I have to say that I had fun. If nothing else this is a just a more modern release of the game and hopefully will draw new blood to the player pool. I had one crash in 5 games due to my display driver stopping responding which cause me to get a loss on my permanent record, which is the only negative I can think of at the moment.

I am going to wait for a sale. i love Blood Bowl but this looks like a beta release with loads of teams missing again.

Cyanide dropped the ball with the last one. I'll stick to the occasional game on the tabletop instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    I am going to wait for a sale. i love Blood Bowl but this looks like a beta release with loads of teams missing again.

Pre-ordered, played, got a refund.

it's just a GFX update with slightly annoying controls, all the extra actions animations are fine and don't interfere with the game much, all the other animations (scoring, recovering KO'd etc) can be skipped as before. it does look nice but the camera angle is annoying, but not massively so. doesn't seem to have added anything (other than GFX) and seems to have taken a lot away (option for 'real time' mode, and the campaign mode with potions etc... forget the name. but never used either of those so not bothered). feels like it would be a bit better played on console, as the UI/control scheme does seem to have been made more with consoles in mind, will probably get it for xb1 if i rebuy.

Would recommend waiting, probably until you can get all the teams for about £20 (christmas sale?). £35 is too much for a game missing content, that is still essentially the same as the last iteration.
    Last edited by Shiodome; September 13 2015 at 06:32:30 PM.

One of the first things I did was change to BB1 camera and controls. If you can wait for a sale, then yes, you should, but I wanted to get in early for higher player counts and active matchmaking.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Well, there's FUMBBL if you want to play online.

Yeah I also want this to be good but not really building up my expectations.
    Yeah you can just be a cock.

So I had money in my steam wallet from selling dota items and succumbed to temptation and bought this.

First game I make my opponent ragequit after 6 turns, second game i get shafted right in the anus by rolls every turn.

its blood bowl

Smuggo
    So I followed Ednerd's lead and sold some dota 2 crap and bought this. Seems okay so far and no major complaints. The animations are kinda annoying but not too bad, just makes the game much longer than it needs to be but at least it pauses the timer while they play out. Otherwise UI all makes sense and responds as I would expect.

I'm not all that great at bloodbowl generally but I seem to really suck online and get thrashed always, maybe just cause only BB meganerds are playing atm? Also literally every multiplayer game my opponent has been dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    So I followed Ednerd's lead and sold some dota 2 crap and bought this. Seems okay so far and no major complaints. The animations are kinda annoying but not too bad, just makes the game much longer than it needs to be but at least it pauses the timer while they play out. Otherwise UI all makes sense and responds as I would expect.

I'm not all that great at bloodbowl generally but I seem to really suck online and get thrashed always, maybe just cause only BB meganerds are playing atm? Also literally every multiplayer game my opponent has been dwarfs.
    The bb stream ive been watching everyone has been playing orc or skaven so v0v.

secret to bloodbowl? don't do anything you don't have to. that's it, as long as you sacrifice enough cats to the dice gods then you should be sorted.

Its a game of risk management and then getting fucked by rng anyway/some foul geek playing dwarfs.

looking forward to the actual release so I can play the races I want.

Smuggo
    Yeah love double skull reroll into double skull action...

I'm definitely not a good player but when we play for real I can usually win a few games of our season but seem utterly unable to win at all here :/ Mass dwarves also getting annoying but guess that will change from release when there is more teams.

So who actually bought this? (I did as well).

Would people be up for an FHC league?
    Leon's miniature painting blog : http://battlegoatsandtrumpets.blogspot.com/