hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Bowl 2

Blood Bowl 2

Dont play the old one anymore. May get this if the league stuff is any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Yeah might be interested if we do an FHC league.

+1 league. only way to play BB

edit: also, was one of the human teams in trailer (yellow) Brettonian? that'd be unexpected.
    Last edited by Shiodome; December 4 2014 at 12:38:42 PM.

New version looks like it has little to no graphical improvement and will only feature 8 teams/races at release. Meh.

I hope they've sat down and rethought their approach to the UI for this version of the game. Their first bloodbowl game became frustrating really quickly because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    I hope they've sat down and rethought their approach to the UI for this version of the game. Their first bloodbowl game became frustrating really quickly because of it.
    I never had a problem with the UI but I'm sure it has issues.

My problems with Blood Bowl were that it felt unfinished or half-assed in several areas. The training before a fight thing was so stupid. The announcers got annoying really fast. Pauses between plays to pan around a boring field with the same cheerleader copy/pasted a few times. The campaign didn't have enough "stuff" in general. It had no life to it.

Game was fun to play a few games in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Had plenty of fun with the first one, will most likely (certainly) be buying this one.

I'd be up for joining an FHC league as well.
    Leon's miniature painting blog : http://battlegoatsandtrumpets.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    I never had a problem with the UI but I'm sure it has issues.

My problems with Blood Bowl were that it felt unfinished or half-assed in several areas. The training before a fight thing was so stupid. The announcers got annoying really fast. Pauses between plays to pan around a boring field with the same cheerleader copy/pasted a few times. The campaign didn't have enough "stuff" in general. It had no life to it.

Game was fun to play a few games in though.
    I agree with all of this. First one was a fun game but was lacking in things. If they can fix those things without going down the "buy expansions and dlc for stuff" path I'll be interested.

Tapaderpin

That is the exact path they will be going down. They will release a game that is a downgrade from the current in almost every way excepting a few minor changes (improvements possibly) and then release 3 or 4 expansions and various DLC. I am really disappointed in what I am seeing. What exactly have they done over the past few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    That is the exact path they will be going down. They will release a game that is a downgrade from the current in almost every way excepting a few minor changes (improvements possibly) and then release 3 or 4 expansions and various DLC. I am really disappointed in what I am seeing. What exactly have they done over the past few years?
    I figured.. I'm not interested in a game that holds content back so they can sell it as DLC later.

Inb4 they shut down the BB1 servers so you cant play that online and have to upgrade.

Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Proof?
    The game only having 8 teams at launch when the ruleset has 24 seems a pretty good indication to me. Their previous game did the same - buy expansions, get more teams.

Yep, plan is to sell teams as dlc, base game is limited. I'd actually prefer a pre-race type deal (gief lizardmen) compared to the xpacs of BB 1. Have been out of the RPS league for 6 months or so, but last I knew they had no plans on transitioning over until the roster was fuller and/or legitimate UI/bug/game details were addressed in 2.

So long as not everyone has to buy the DLC to play as team 'x' I'm ok with having to pay more for a specific team if the core game is good enough to warrant it.

Posted using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    So long as not everyone has to buy the DLC to play as team 'x' I'm ok with having to pay more for a specific team if the core game is good enough to warrant it.

Posted using both hands.
    This, what I disliked in the current version was incompatible games just to get to play new teams.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Posted using both hands.
    Not specific enough.

~Paradox has you spoiled you lot, you shouldn't be able to play a game if you haven't bought all the DLC your mates have~
    Putin 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Calgus View Post
    ~Paradox has you spoiled you lot, you shouldn't be able to play a game if you haven't bought all the DLC your mates have~
    I would argue its not strictly DLC if you already have it and you are just paying to unlock it..

The point is i think that back in the day a computer game like this would come with say 6 teams, then there's be a couple of expansions you could buy with more teams, and a few other bells and whistles. This was perfectly normal, Civ used it very successfully. Nowadays it's more like base game 6 teams, pick and choose your extras with DLC. I don't think it's unreasonable TBH.

Kai's point is a good one tho, the base game needs to be good enough to stand on it's own.
    Last edited by Max Teranous; December 29 2014 at 07:35:06 AM.
    CBA