hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: LPstore – Revisiting the idea

LPstore – Revisiting the idea

LPs stores have been available for a long while…….and the only thing that ever affected them were some improvements in its GUI and the FW catalog expanding the offer of ítems… but everytime i go and buy some stuff from it to either for personal use or selling it on the market, it is hard not to yawn at the current model as a two-dimensional concept that it is no longer fun and does not offer variety and choice.

Let me put things in perspective:
    Current LP store mechanics is described as follow
    Run missions -> accrue LP -> exchange LP + ISK (or items) -> get bacon

The problem I see in this “bacon” in particular is how even it is across ALL LP stores of almost all NPC corporations…..not that interesting. No real choices in which NPC corporation work for and which not.
    • Attribute implants? Yeah all stores have it
    • Hardwirings? Some have tank/guns/cap HWs, others have Industry/research/navigation….but not much more.
    • Charters? Everyone except pirate ones

Why would I run missions for an obscure NPC corporation if I can do all my shopping with the Navy NPC agents?

And most of all, why LPs stores use “navy dogtags” in the majority of cases, even if said NPC corporation are just a civilian business (native freshfood have republic fleet warp disruptors?).

So here I propose we revisit this feature of the game, add interesting stuff such as faction Cargo Expanders to the Gallente trade corporations, faction Data/relic scanners to the caldari tech corporations, faction ship scanners to Amarr ministry of internal order, etc etc etc. Give a specific item to specific corporations or type of corporations, and a wide variety of corporations to create a rich and plentiful LP offer.

Here are some views of my own regarding LP stores
    • FW corporations have specific navy items, only through LP + navy dogtags (much as the same now), but remove attribute implants and other nonsense. Remove also the “discount” perk they currently have. The idea is to make exclusive items for this particular store.
    • Corporations that represent Government/Ruling institutions (sebiestor tribe, Emperor Family, Gallente Senate, Caldari Business Tribunal) are the ones that provide starbase charters.
    • Navy/combat/security corporations provide all the guns/tanks/navigation/ewar modules plus related hardwirings. They would consume pirate dogtags instead of the navy ones. Especially dogtags that have higher drop rates (electrum tags anyone?)
    • Tech/Educational corporations have attribute implants, and science/industry/trade hardwirings, it could also have the connections skillbooks (although this particular offer I would remove it from all LP stores)
    • Construction-related corporations would offer Empire Starbases BPCs, or empire-designed POS arrays BPCs of various kinds.
    • Pirate NPC stores could be the exclusive location to get rare BPCs, boosters and set implants of various kinds (much like it is now, but perhaps with more distinction than currently).
    • And so on…

The offer and catalog would vary wildly from faction to faction, as not every faction has the same sort of corporations. This would make running missions for a particular faction and NPC corporation a meaningful decision.

Now all is not dandy with the above ideas, certain corporations have terrible agents, or perhaps just 1 station, so in order to tackle that problem an exchange mechanic could be implemented, requiring faction standing above 7.0, and a 0.8 ratio of conversion to move LP from one corporation in that faction to another corporation in that same faction.

Would like to hear what you think, and the fact that since LP store is an effective ISK sink, it would make it more interesting to add meaningful choices and mechanics to it, enhancing its effect but also the variety for players.

Banned
    yes +1
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    I'm not 100% on your implementation/specifics, but definitely +1 in terms of the overall idea.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I'm not 100% on your implementation/specifics, but definitely +1 in terms of the overall idea.
    Can you provide some specific you would like to see?

This is actually a good idea. Have some +reps

I have a different perspective on this matter.

I disliked how CCP removed agent quality and increased "choice" for mission runners and minimized many mission hubs. Things like LP store "complexity" can not bring sustained interest, and all it leads is to people writing a spreadsheet (which is copied and shared by all those not retarded) and a occasional freighter run when large LP imbalances presents themselves. I missed Motsu of the old. The sheer population density means there is always something going on in system, some smack in local, high density of loot stealers, ninja salvagers, pvp baiters, gankers and even pick up cooperative missioning.

With more spread out missioning, the effort required to "interact" with missioners have increased resulting in less interactions and I never did see 5 independent guys invading my mission at once since Motsu.

As such, if I am to design a missioning/LP system, I would probably optimize for the above factor more so then "more rows in the spreadsheet" type of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter View Post
    I have a different perspective on this matter.

I disliked how CCP removed agent quality and increased "choice" for mission runners and minimized many mission hubs. Things like LP store "complexity" can not bring sustained interest, and all it leads is to people writing a spreadsheet (which is copied and shared by all those not retarded) and a occasional freighter run when large LP imbalances presents themselves. I missed Motsu of the old. The sheer population density means there is always something going on in system, some smack in local, high density of loot stealers, ninja salvagers, pvp baiters, gankers and even pick up cooperative missioning.

With more spread out missioning, the effort required to "interact" with missioners have increased resulting in less interactions and I never did see 5 independent guys invading my mission at once since Motsu.

As such, if I am to design a missioning/LP system, I would probably optimize for the above factor more so then "more rows in the spreadsheet" type of variety.
    Enjoy your perma-TiDi system. They killed Motsu etc. because of the system load.

Regarding the OP: I'd love to see LP stores get some flavor, but I really wish they'd have something similar to the old LP offers. I think I still have a stash of drugs somewhere in Curse that I picked up from pirate missions, and used to deal to highsec runners who wanted to cash in on the LP offers that needed illegal goods.

We already have agents offering missions (faction missions) on a fixed schedule to players who qualify. Why not expand the mission offer system more? Instead of just showing up at XYZ station for another round of mind-numbing 'grind the agent' crap, why not encourage people to be mobile, with a slew of offers coming from interested parties? It always felt weird to me that demigods-for-hire have to go around knocking on doors asking for work, instead of getting a constant stream of interested would-be employers. This would also serve as a way to inject unique/limited time LP offers directly into the player's activity stream.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

I so fuckin miss random rewards from agents, instead of flat ISK/LP that is available now. They gave that special smth to opening a mission offer, even though missions themselves were boring to death

I think giving skins to LP Stores would also be a cool idea for giving people incentives to run missions for more obscure corporations. For example, there is an Aliastra Thorax skin, but it actually has nothing to do with the Aliastra LP Store. I think if there were some unique skins which were rewards from LP stores of under-popular mission corps (CCP could also sell them in the new eden store too, but having an alternative method of getting them in game would be cool, even if the cost was skewed so it would likely be much more profitable to buy them for RL money to help CCP out)

Like a 'Roden Shipyards' Incursus or something along those lines. The industrial related corporations could have potential offers for industrial based ships like 'Amarr Constructions' could have a Bestower skin. Especially with CCP's new skin system proposed on the o7 show where they are character applied licenses instead. It would probably be a lot easier for them to just introduce a load of random licenses for skins since it doesn't have the same ramifications of creating another new ship in the database