hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194
Results 3,861 to 3,879 of 3879

Thread: Space the third frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    If they consider future in astrophysics but a 50 year old bloke from Australia, who often interjects metal and pop culture references here and there, can't hold their attentions because no cute birds animations I have some bad news for them. Or any future that involves university tbh.
    its a popular science short video for a general audience of not-scientists, done in a garishly colourful way.

Oh noes they dont prepare kids for uni courses!
    What part of
    It's great for dums-dums that subscribe to #ilovescience groups on facebook because that's the fashion nowadays.
    was hard to understand?

If they consider future in astrophysics but a 50 year old bloke from Australia, who often interjects metal and pop culture references here and there, can't hold their attentions because no cute birds animations I have some bad news for them. Or any future that involves university tbh.
    its a popular science short video for a general audience of not-scientists, done in a garishly colourful way.

What part of
    It's great for dums-dums that subscribe to #ilovescience groups on facebook because that's the fashion nowadays.
    was hard to understand?
    the toxicity

I'm cranky. Sorry.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    This is why we can't have nice things rufuske.

not only that, but they actually do deep research and provide it as well as put emphasis on it in their video showing to a newer generation how it's done.

Oh no, we might interest people who have trouble looking at blackboard for days on end by making complex problems interesting to a wider audience, what will happen to science?

It's not a format I particularly like or could watch lots of but I'm sure it makes it engaging for some audiences who would never be exposed to those sorts of ideas otherwise.

But I acknowledge that I'm a bit of a weirdo who enjoys watching experts in their field give lectures or low-tech discussions provided they are passionate about the material.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Given that absolute fictional unscientific stuff like ST inspired and encouraged hordes of damned good scientists to pursue that profession in the first place, I don't see how actual science presented in a light-hearted way can harm that cause.

SpaceX puts together largest rocket in history

The SpaceX rocket will have almost three times as much thrust as Saturn V, 70 Mt, compared to 25 Mt.

What sort of payload are they using that much thrust for?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    People, mars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Unlikely, nobody is stupid enough to think we're actually going to Mars

That thing is going to explode so fuckin hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    "We completed all our testing goals"

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    People, mars?
    Pending Federal Aviation Administration approval, SpaceX plans to send the Starship into space aboard the Super Heavy for a single orbit around Earth in the coming months.
    Just heavy lifting I guess. B4 is a one time launch, that's a lot of money to be throwing away.
    Another cool photo:

It reminds me of this picture:

Last edited by Candy Crush; August 8 2021 at 01:06:08 PM.

YouTube monetisation strategy

YouTube monetisation strategy
    everyday astronaut is currently posting a 3h walkaround of the factory with Elon, you can see how his mind work, it's a pretty amazing piece of new journalism:

here's the first part:

With early test rockets, he explains that there is a bunch of systems that they are not testing for early on and therefore you either make a lawn ornament, store it or push the boundaries and watch it explode. Spaceship 4 is designed to test making it to orbit, he will consider it a win as long as they don't blow the pad up.

They ended up getting rid of early block V falcon 9 because they itterated so much that it was better to just keep them for one way trip than to catch em' and spend extra time getting them ready.

Basically it's not a complete production starship aniway, if they where to save it somehow they'd have to deal with storing that huge bitch somewhere.

anyway, I highly recommend the interview, the youtube guy is knowledgable and interesting and Elon is not only explaining shit, but also rethinking design mid conversation.

Tardigrades on the Moon? More likely than you think.

https://www.inverse.com/science/tard...ource=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    It reminds me of this picture:

Only not staged 5ft off the ground ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

This is an incredible reaction.