hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3704

Thread: Space the third frontier

From the talked about pricing they should be able to run Starship as fully expendable and still profit so they are being very aggressive by starting development with a fully reusable second stage.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    From the talked about pricing they should be able to run Starship as fully expendable and still profit so they are being very aggressive by starting development with a fully reusable second stage.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk
    Considering they intend to use this for transporting humans to and from space the expendable part won't be much of a hit.

Also the main funder as I understand it of Starship is a Japanese billionaire that has contracted SpaceX to bring him on a trip around the moon and back.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

11hrs or so until its space hook time again! Perseverance rover landing.

https://mars.nasa.gov/

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/2547...ssion-trailer/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Cool trailer video
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Stuck the landing again. This shit never gets old.

Live streams of space exploration are the best thing ever.

Lots of happy boffins in that control room
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

That was pretty fucking neato.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    watching that with a background of shakira was class

I don't know about you guys, but space exploration makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Stuck the landing again. This shit never gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Live streams of space exploration are the best thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    That was pretty fucking neato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but space exploration makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Not empty quotin!

Missed it live so I knew it went well, still eye watering excitement watching replay. Fuckin neato indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

ngl when they called stage separation prior to atmo interface countdown i got a little bit of The Shakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Waiting for the landing videos now... and for Ingenuity to take flight. Could be weeks if not months before Perseverance finds a vista that is at least relatively new compared to stuff we have already seen by Spirit, Opportunity and Curiosity.

I remember back in mid '90es, I could only read about Mars Pathfindfer and Sojourner rover with multiple months of delay in bad and getting worse local paper science magazines with terrible print quality. I think first pictures from that mission in actual decent resolution I saw on TV in early 2000's on Discovery or NatGeo...

Not to jinx it , I'm certain space probe eating moonset is still there sleeping and waiting, but NASA and JPL really look to have figured out reliable Mars landings.

It was made with best Earth offer.

I think its a shame they never include anything to give you a sense of scale in the official pics. My brain always defaults to the much smaller rovers but these new ones are fucking beasts and every time i see a picture where you can judge scale it feels even more impressive that they got that thing to mars (intact).

Also bonus video to throw at the 'space is dumb we should invest in XYZ on earth instead' folks.

Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; February 19 2021 at 06:37:55 PM.

We could do both pretty easily. In fact exploring space would be a lot easier with a better educated population not working 40 hours a week of busy work to buy their boss another mcmansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We could do both pretty easily. In fact exploring space would be a lot easier with a better educated population not working 40 hours a week of busy work to buy their boss another mcmansion.
    fucking COOMMMMUUNIIIIIIIIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Meanwhile, if you're better than average educated you tend to be stuck with a 60-90h work week because otherwise you'll have time to think and we can't have that.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.