hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156 LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3120

Thread: NASA Live

Yeah that's how it was called in restaurants and stuff, had no clue that it's an actual product though.
    Around here they always mixed it themselves to varying degrees of success.

Themoreyouknow.jpg

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    istr germans do some sort of fanta and dr pepper mix and loving it when i was there for a few weeks at the tender age of 15
    Fanta + Cola

Spoiler:

That's Coke's bastard version of it, the original being Spezi
    i *think* it was stoffls guess that i tried. loved it!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    istr germans do some sort of fanta and dr pepper mix and loving it when i was there for a few weeks at the tender age of 15
    Fanta + Cola

Spoiler:

That's Coke's bastard version of it, the original being Spezi
    i *think* it was stoffls guess that i tried. loved it!
    Its amazing

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I remember a space book I had more than 20 years ago that postulated the existence of a 'Planet X'... Those were the Halcyon days when Pluto was still a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I remember a space book I had more than 20 years ago that postulated the existence of a 'Planet X'... Those were the Halcyon days when Pluto was still a planet.
    So this is where the aliens have been hiding all this time?

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    The planet 9 theory has been mostly debunked by subsequent papers with far less interesting solutions to the kuiper belt perturbations unfortunately. Can't remember what exactly, been a couple of months since I skimmed them.

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    The planet 9 theory has been mostly debunked by subsequent papers with far less interesting solutions to the kuiper belt perturbations unfortunately. Can't remember what exactly, been a couple of months since I skimmed them.
    The coincidental group resonances explanation isn't air tight; it's plausible, but somewhat contrived. Planet Nine is not debunked or disproven at this point.

Wouldn't a planet the size of Neptune in the Kuiper belt be observed by now?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Well the aliens might have cloaked the planet

More serious answer would be that it probably depends what is between it and us that might obfuscate the line of sight
    In addition there might be a lack of stars behind it so it dont illuminate or just are somewhere we havent looked yet.

First off, it's not calculated to have the mass of an ice giant(15-17 Earth Masses), but a super-Earth (5-10 Earth Masses), one theory of it's origin goes that it's the core of an ice giant, that got kicked out of the inner solar system, by Jupiters migration in the formation of the solar system. When talking about celestial objects, you'd rarely use the term "size", as how "big" something is, is a lot more variable than it's mass (ie. two stars with the same mass, can have widely different sizes, dependent on what stage they're at in their lifespan), seeing as when you get above a certain mass, your object would shrink in size due to gravity and quantum mechanics (White dwarfs, neutron stars, black holes, etc.).

It's all very dependent on luck and technology. Luck because you have to be looking at the right area of space (Which is quite big), at the right time. When an object such as the proposed Planet 9 has an orbital period in the scale of tens of thousands of years, it doesn't "move" a lot compared to the closer planets, so you have to be lucky. Seeing as it's so far away, and rarely seems to interact with any "shorter" timescale objects, it's hard to calculate where in its orbit it should be currently. Another thing to remember, in terms of luck is, that we can't "see" anything that's behind or close to the Sun, from our perspective, which means you have to wait to look at that section of sky.

Lastly, the technology or method of detection, might not be at a point, where we can spot it yet. Again, due to the sheer distance, the amount/magnitude of reflected light from the Sun, would be very minimal, and seeing as it's not a hot Jupiter, the amount of IR radiation it would emit is low, compared to the background. We might have to wait for JWST to get a decent shot at spotting it, in the IR spectrum.

In other news, Falcon Heavy launch in 8 days (24th of June), which will yeet some very nice scientific cubesats into orbit (LightSail, Green Propellant Infusion Mission & Deep Space Atomic Clock), as well as the main payload which consists of DoD surveillance sats and systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

More serious answer would be that it probably depends what is between it and us that might obfuscate the line of sight
    In addition there might be a lack of stars behind it so it dont illuminate or just are somewhere we havent looked yet.
    Or it's a tiny black hole.
    Last edited by Nordstern; June 17 2019 at 02:33:12 AM.

A black hole with the theorized gravity would impact us no differently than a planet with the same gravity.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

It would be way cooler and more useful for science though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Even cooler is, that if it was indeed a black hole, it would have to be a primordial one, seeing as sub-stellar mass black holes cannot form by any known or theoretical process in the current state of the universe.
    This means, a black hole with a mass of less than 3 solar masses (The currently estimated lower limit for black holes, seeing as the Schwarzschild radius is directly tied to the mass of an object, like the radius for Earth is just a bit under 9mm), would have to be primordial, and such, the oldest known object that we'd be able to detect, currently.

Sometimes, I think I spend waay to much time on Wiki, and other times, that I should've picked something less retarded to study and get a bachelors degree in (Fucking useless Medialogy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Even cooler is, that if it was indeed a black hole, it would have to be a primordial one, seeing as sub-stellar mass black holes cannot form by any known or theoretical process in the current state of the universe.
    This means, a black hole with a mass of less than 3 solar masses (The currently estimated lower limit for black holes, seeing as the Schwarzschild radius is directly tied to the mass of an object, like the radius for Earth is just a bit under 9mm), would have to be primordial, and such, the oldest known object that we'd be able to detect, currently.

Sometimes, I think I spend waay to much time on Wiki, and other times, that I should've picked something less retarded to study and get a bachelors degree in (Fucking useless Medialogy)
    I've actually had the very same thought despite having studied IT
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Totally read this book - it's a great novella / evening read: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/42201505

And it looks like 'we' are going to send drones to titan. bravo
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.