hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2421

Thread: NASA Live

  1. #2101
    Max Teranous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    SpaceX Announces Plans To Send Two Customers To The Moon
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...rs-to-the-moon
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/spacex-m...nned-for-2018/

    It begins!

    This explains why Trump was asking NASA to evaluate putting people on the Orion test mission.
    I can see NASA's mission to Mars in 2040 now. They arrive, the astronaut begins his prepared speech:

    Astronaut: "This is one small step for man...."
    Burger Flipper: "Welcome to SpaceX Mcdonalds. How may i help?"
    CBA

  2. #2102
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,010
    PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE SENT TO SPACE

    IM HYPED AS FUCK GUYS

    AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE CORPORATIONS DOING THIS

    Holy shit I hope a new space race will become a thing in my lifetime. I was literally waiting for news like this since I was a kid.

  3. #2103
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,144
    spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  4. #2104
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Teranous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    SpaceX Announces Plans To Send Two Customers To The Moon
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...rs-to-the-moon
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/spacex-m...nned-for-2018/

    It begins!

    This explains why Trump was asking NASA to evaluate putting people on the Orion test mission.
    I can see NASA's mission to Mars in 2040 now. They arrive, the astronaut begins his prepared speech:

    Astronaut: "This is one small step for man...."
    Burger Flipper: "Welcome to SpaceX Mcdonalds. How may i help?"


    

  5. #2105
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    11,724
    Cosmonaut Andrey Borisenko took some excellent photos of Dragon arriving at the ISS, which were posted to Roscosmos' Flickr Stream.



    Last edited by Evelgrivion; March 3 2017 at 04:06:47 AM.

  6. #2106
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    11,724
    Meanwhile, at Blue Origin,




  7. #2107
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,214
    Damn son, that is a big rocket engine you've got there.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  8. #2108
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    What a time to be alive. Saying that completely unironically.

  9. #2109
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Holy shit I hope a new space race will become a thing in my lifetime. I was literally waiting for news like this since I was a kid.
    I am not taking the piss here but I thought we already were for years now? Privatized space travel was/is the end goal with cargo lifts being the trial sort of?
    Difference is, as you mentioned, companies not nations racing for it and that will never be like the cold war era.

    Does not cool down the hype though. We have self landing rockets now. Imagine saying that in the 1960's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  10. #2110

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

    Does not cool down the hype though. We have self landing rockets now. Imagine saying that in the 1960's.
    While I'm on the hype train as well, self landing rockets are also sort of the only big step forward since the 60's. The shuttles were a let down and the russians have been happy with their old rockets for decades. It's high time things start moving forward again.

  11. #2111
    metacannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Actually an '06.
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE SENT TO SPACE

    IM HYPED AS FUCK GUYS

    AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE CORPORATIONS DOING THIS

    Holy shit I hope a new space race will become a thing in my lifetime. I was literally waiting for news like this since I was a kid.
    Born too late to explore the world, born too early to explore space.

    We really got the shaft, but hey we were not born in inquisition, world wars or whatever bullshit(yet)!

  12. #2112
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE SENT TO SPACE

    IM HYPED AS FUCK GUYS

    AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE CORPORATIONS DOING THIS

    Holy shit I hope a new space race will become a thing in my lifetime. I was literally waiting for news like this since I was a kid.
    Born too late to explore the world, born too early to explore space.

    We really got the shaft, but hey we were not born in inquisition, world wars or whatever bullshit(yet)!
    Does local wars count?
    Hiro Cor

  13. #2113

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,080
    FYI: NASA just released a bunch of its software to the public: https://software.nasa.gov/

    Source: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...chnologies-for

  14. #2114
    Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,918
    SpaceX have confirmed that their next launch (27th March iirc) will be a reused first stage.. SO HYPE!!

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cheap-launches
    Last edited by Mendolorian Girl; March 9 2017 at 08:51:30 AM.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

    noun

    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

  15. #2115
    metacannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Actually an '06.
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post

    Does local wars count?
    Thats cheap, with local wars on the inflation plan!

  16. #2116

    Join Date
    April 12, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendolorian Girl View Post
    SpaceX have confirmed that their next launch (27th March iirc) will be a reused first stage.. SO HYPE!!

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cheap-launches
    Not next launch, but the one after that. Although, if there are enough delays, CRS-11 could take priority.

  17. #2117
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    The one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism.


    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  18. #2118

    Join Date
    September 9, 2013
    Location
    WH Space
    Posts
    516
    @ Frug my sides!
    LOL! I loved C&C red alert 2 so hard, sometimes even harder than red alert 1.
    The music, the actors , movie cutscenes, the sounds, the sense of freedom.

  19. #2119
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,599
    Agreed, great game for a 2 person lan party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  20. #2120
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,069


    Oldie but a Goodie.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •