hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 132 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2906

Thread: NASA Live

  1. #2621

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,541
    It looks like a Falcon 9 with a Dragon on top, but some new version that we've not seen fly yet. There's no monstrous solar panel boxes, and i've not seen fins like that before.

    ed: It's a Dragon 2, hence the fins, but the height on the model is wrong. It should be slightly shorter.
    Last edited by elmicker; January 6 2018 at 12:27:50 AM.

  2. #2622
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Why are all those NASA fantasy launchers in the image? Saturn 5 at least existed lol
    sls is probably less fantasy than the space x bfr sitting next to it. Both are in development. One on the right, i've never even heard of before.

  3. #2623
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Why are all those NASA fantasy launchers in the image? Saturn 5 at least existed lol
    Just the sls, the other is spacex bfr

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  4. #2624
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,608
    Also, sls and JWST both pushed back to 2019, 2018 is already starting to suck.

  5. #2625
    Amantus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    i afiuhagsfksdfdjafkfjg am a fag
    Posts
    8,411
    • space
    • the final frontier
    • this is the voyage of the uss enterprise blahblahlblahlblahl
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • yes i have a television
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • televisión
    MAX damage posting

  6. #2626
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Also, sls and JWST both pushed back to 2019, 2018 is already starting to suck.
    First was expected. Second is worrying. Its done and tested and packed in a warehouse waiting for launch. Item no1 ate all the budgets?

  7. #2627
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,114
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Also, sls and JWST both pushed back to 2019, 2018 is already starting to suck.
    First was expected. Second is worrying. Its done and tested and packed in a warehouse waiting for launch. Item no1 ate all the budgets?
    It's close, but they have a lot of work to do. The telescope hasn't been integrated with the spacecraft yet (the part with the avionics, maneuvering thrusters, and sun shield), and they used very optimistic time predictions for that process.

  8. #2628
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    • space
    • the final frontier
    • this is the voyage of the uss enterprise blahblahlblahlblahl
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • yes i have a television
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • .
    • televisión
    Quality post



  9. #2629
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Why are all those NASA fantasy launchers in the image? Saturn 5 at least existed lol
    sls is probably less fantasy than the space x bfr sitting next to it. Both are in development. One on the right, i've never even heard of before.

  10. #2630
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,114
    ZUMA is now in space. Still don't know what it is besides Grumman being the prime contractor.

  11. #2631

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,033
    Oh great, another Elon Musk blowjob topic. "Lets replace NASA with Elon's magical unicorns!"

  12. #2632

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Oh great, another Elon Musk blowjob topic. "Lets replace NASA with Elon's magical unicorns!"
    The technical term in this case is magestic space penises



    Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    ZUMA is now in space.


    All launches should now be at dawn or dusk.
    Last edited by elmicker; January 8 2018 at 02:20:42 AM.

  13. #2633
    Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,114

  14. #2634
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,608
    "Normally when you buy a rocket launch, you've paid for 'the payload adapter on the rocket final stage (which) pops the satellite off at the end'.

    "But on this mission the customer provided its own payload adapter, so separation may be its problem and not SpaceX's problem."

    Mr McDowell said it was not plausible that the loss of Zuma is a fabrication to conceal its successful insertion in a secret orbit.

    A spokesperson for Northrup Grumman told Sky News: "This is a classified programme. We cannot comment on classified programmes."
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news....aunch-11201013

  15. #2635
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,207
    Northrop Grumman seems way to chill for loosing expensive piece of classified equipment. Looks like all went as expected.

  16. #2636

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,541
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Northrop Grumman seems way to chill for loosing expensive piece of classified equipment. Looks like all went as expected.
    I'd bet money they're getting paid either way, and in this case they might get paid twice!

  17. #2637

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Northrop Grumman seems way to chill for loosing expensive piece of classified equipment. Looks like all went as expected.
    I'd bet money they're getting paid either way, and in this case they might get paid twice!
    it promise to be cheaper than the very cheap russian Soyouz rocket, Elon Musk makes a lot of promises.

  18. #2638
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,971
    His entire business model is based on promises

    Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  19. #2639
    SAI Peregrinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13, 2011
    Posts
    1,705
    SpaceX has pretty clearly said that their rocket performed correctly. If there were any problems they likely came from either the Zuma or the (Northrop Grumman provided and installed) interstage adapter.

  20. #2640
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,499
    muh super secret squirrel spy satellite/satellite killer

    so secret

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •