hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Back to planetside..

Back to planetside..

So, i used to play this just after the launch. But my old CPU sucked, and in huge battles my framerate dropped to 10 fps - so i decided to fuck that, and play something else.

I played on Matherson as Vanu (doesnt exist anymore, server merge). Because im from EU, i made NC alt on Cobalt (i think) but never played it except for shit and giggles..

So now, year and a half later, i got a shiny PC, and activated my old account..

Obviously, i have a shit load of questions, cause i forgot almost all..

1. Can i move my Vanu main to EU server? What EU server are FHC bads rolling, miller?

2. When i logged in i got certs back for nanoweave armor.. Wat? What happened with that?

3. I am not looking for any organized play, just to log in and pop some kills. I was thinking to setup infiltrator and to hunt opposing faction bads while they play objectives. Any suggestions to equipment/build?

4. are there one-shot kill sniper rifles in game? I remember i bought some good sniper rifle for real money before i stopped playing..

5. What faction do you play in FHC corp?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    So, i used to play this just after the launch. But my old CPU sucked, and in huge battles my framerate dropped to 10 fps - so i decided to fuck that, and play something else.

I played on Matherson as Vanu (doesnt exist anymore, server merge). Because im from EU, i made NC alt on Cobalt (i think) but never played it except for shit and giggles..

So now, year and a half later, i got a shiny PC, and activated my old account..

Obviously, i have a shit load of questions, cause i forgot almost all..

1. Can i move my Vanu main to EU server? What EU server are FHC bads rolling, miller?

2. When i logged in i got certs back for nanoweave armor.. Wat? What happened with that?

3. I am not looking for any organized play, just to log in and pop some kills. I was thinking to setup infiltrator and to hunt opposing faction bads while they play objectives. Any suggestions to equipment/build?

4. are there one-shot kill sniper rifles in game? I remember i bought some good sniper rifle for real money before i stopped playing..

5. What faction do you play in FHC corp?

Thanks a lot
    1. no

2. they changed how it worked from a flat hp boost (50 per level iirc) to a percentage (5% iirc) and it no longer works on headshots

3. If you want to infil close up everyone in my outfit like the rifles w/ 4X scopes - ghost on VS, its not easy though. The motion spotters are so fucking strong, 10 times better then darts.

4. Headshots, yes, most bolt actions do. Body shots no.

5. They play VS on a euro server

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

5. Miller

But apart from me most of the time soloing in a Magrider there's no online in euro-time. Most are waiting for the game to be fixed .... to whatever.

For close range infil action you definitely want an SMG. Scout Rifles are fun too, but they're pretty niche and you have to be really conscious of your range. Sandz likes to run around with a 2x scope on the Ghost (bolt action rifle) but I can't really get it to work for me. Definitely get proximity mines, you can pretty much throw them down whenever/wherever you want because resources are so cheap now.

If you want an invite to UBAD Add me (EuroBob) as a friend and I'll send you one.

EDIT: And as far as activity goes, I've started playing again a little bit, and Ruvan is on fairly often. If you ask around there's always people to play with but it sounds like you're gonna solo more anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    For close range infil action you definitely want an SMG. Scout Rifles are fun too, but they're pretty niche and you have to be really conscious of your range. Sandz likes to run around with a 2x scope on the Ghost (bolt action rifle) but I can't really get it to work for me. Definitely get proximity mines, you can pretty much throw them down whenever/wherever you want because resources are so cheap now.
    Vandal isn't bad either as closeranger. If gud, you can make some nice 360-noscope-MLG-boom-headshots.

... damnit ... now i want to play with it again.

Cheers gents, for your advice..

UBAD is VS on Miller than?

Sounds like im gonna have to make another Vanu alt \0/

Mattherson was merged With Waterson into Emerald, which has pretty good population from early to late, if you don't mind the ping (shouldn't be too bad) you'll find better fighting there. I'm on Mattherson Vanu as well.