hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] EVE-O Watch Thread (No CAOD)

Re: [MEGATHREAD] EVEO (NO CAOD)

Quote Originally Posted by randomToon
    What can you do?
    Cry in a corner untill you're bitter enough to not give a flying fuck?
    Spin that ship, spin it good. [Enjoy the sunshine outside]
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Re: [MEGATHREAD] EVE-O Watch Thread (No CAOD)

I'm pretty sure that the goons are mostly normal internet aspies like the rest of us, but their reputation tends to make that same reputation a self-reinforcing condition in that because they have the :goons: rep, everyone thinks they are all :goons: and they end up being :lgoons: because thats what everyone expects of them.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Re: [MEGATHREAD] EVEO (NO CAOD)

bloody hell that is one hell of a heavy post >.<

Your future of EVE is in danger. The recent forum failure has spelt a very strong message: CCP is incompetent, and that "Excellence" and "Deliverance" are nothing but lies. At this rate, EVE will be dead sooner than you think.

Broken features never got fixed. "Framework expansions" never got their contents filled in. Products of complete failure wasting everybody's time. CCP has proven again and again that they do not care about pushing out rubbish as long as they keep getting enough the subscriptions. As a result they have learnt to ride on top of the fanboism, they have learnt how to feed us dreams, they have learnt how to keep us hooked, they have learnt how to earn our trust without actually doing anything about the game. But that trust has been shaken.

EVE might be heading to a brighter future, but the current CCP is not the vessel. It is a never-ending lie. The only way to win is not to play. EVE is dead, but since it is so big it still has some momentum keeping it from falling for the moment. But it is going to hit the ground very hard.

What can you do?

1. Unless you like sitting in a room by yourself staring at some screens, while sitting in a room by yourself staring at some screens, dawg, there is nothing worth waiting for in any reasonable time frame.
    2. Understand that CCP isn't going anywhere.
    3. Let them know that EVE heading right into a brick wall, with CCP in the driving seat.

So what do you think? Do you agree or disagree that EVE is dead? Why? Let us know your story, and don't forget to hit the like button! --->
    There have been several of these, let's say, hard-hitting posts on EVE-O lately. It is a shame in a way. You had teams like BBF and Gridlock slowly rebuilding CCPs reputation for, well, iteration if not excellence, and then you get the Webcell, apparently not under this umbrella totally bringing down the house again. Lets face it, some parts of CCP seem to have gotten the message, why haven't the rest found it out as well? Do they still use bottlepost over there?

I was actually really pleased with some of the changes that team BFF were making and the way that they were improving the lag problem. If only the team responsible for the new forums had paid attention when they were told that their work was Important.

This security fiasco make hold my head In my hands. I couldnt believe that they facilitated the transfer of malicious code on to peoples computers, and as of yet have not provided a reasonable explaination for what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal
    I was actually really pleased with some of the changes that team BFF were making and the way that they were improving the lag problem. If only the team responsible for the new forums had paid attention when they were told that their work was Important.

This security fiasco make hold my head In my hands. I couldnt believe that they facilitated the transfer of malicious code on to peoples computers, and as of yet have not provided a reasonable explaination for what went wrong.
    and i doubt they will, i fully expect a dev barf, sorry blog, sweeping the whole thing under the carpet blaming the vendor for sycking and Catari for being a exploiting faggot and ending with some :lolcustomers: style statement implying the eve users are pants on heads retards when it comes to security and CCP is right.

worded in a sorta polite cutsy manner, with a pony picture.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The only question to answer: Where is my free SP out of this?
    Come on some 200k free SP and the whole community would shut up and go back being a nice sheep.

hmmm... 200k SP :P

Go-go CSM, this should be your first action! If there is a fuck up, players should always get free SP!

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish
    Go-go CSM, this should be your first action! If there is a fuck up, players should always get free SP!
    Also some bread and circus action.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish
    The only question to answer: Where is my free SP out of this?
    Come on some 200k free SP and the whole community would shut up and go back being a nice sheep.

hmmm... 200k SP :P

I endorse this product and or service.

Do you prefer the old or new forums

Predictable answers so far

Quote Originally Posted by TeaDaze

haha the guys who made the forums must feel like killing themselves if they actually put 72k (?) hours into it, only to have everyone hate it.

Thats assuming they are still employed after the security cockup.

200k SP would make me happy inside. The new forums were still a massive failure though.

the forum dev team should be fired or at least put on probation or something. You cannot fuck up that badly without consequences. ESPECIALLY AFTER 72k manhours.

LS6

Administrator Movember 2012 Don Pellegrino's Avatar

I prefer FHC

Quote Originally Posted by Liare
    I like your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstopia
    WHERE IS CCP AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM?????

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... ID=1495380 CCP notice of SHC compromise.

There was some allegation by a Kugu guy that Calmdown was actually shown the door for "doing questionable stuff on CCP's computers" and pointed people to kugu, however I can't find the relevant thread there.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... ID=1495332

Guy makes a thread about himself with his alt trying to big himself up, fails epically when they both seem to have the same punctuation problems and overuse of ellipses, and then a GTC sell thread gets linked with him posting in it with his main, looks like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Sivaris
    http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1495380 CCP notice of SHC compromise.

There was some allegation by a Kugu guy that Calmdown was actually shown the door for "doing questionable stuff on CCP's computers" and pointed people to kugu, however I can't find the relevant thread there.
    Calmdown actually answered in that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown
    The passwords stored on SHC were indeed hashed. However, hashes are breakable and as such you should treat this compromise as with any other - better to be safe than sorry.
    Edit: Calmdown made his way on this forum too actually

Quote Originally Posted by TimMc

haha the guys who made the forums must feel like killing themselves if they actually put 72k (?) hours into it, only to have everyone hate it.

Im curious how this whole 72k hours is supposed to to work, was it a serious claim?

Quick headmath; 10 people working 60 hours a week would still need ~120 weeks to reach that number, thats almost 2.5 years, how on earth can team of 10 people spend +2 years reskinning a forum and hacking in some javascript? Thats like a weeks worth of work for a single person who spend half the time not at his desk. :P

You see, these are :CCP:-manhours, 72000 of them, and it shows
    We are not the Droids you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TimMc

What have i missed, security holes like in a swiss cheese or what?
    I decided not to use the new forums from the first day they got deployed for good :P

<Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.