hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2080

Thread: Fallout 4 - Hype Train Edition

Still haven't played the mass effect Dlc, now you mention it. Bethesda moving to create their own Monopoly money to buy content with doesn't fill me with confidence that I'll play future dlc from them, either.

This might be promising?

Fallout Board Game by Fantasy Flight

The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    This might be promising?

Fallout Board Game by Fantasy Flight

Imo having a game be an esport makes it more likely because now one side can freely escalate while the other cannot. It could be.

Holy shit that looks better than Fallout 4...

Any recommended mods that fix the chameleon armor issue? I go invisible when I crouch which is annoying, but... I have no sights either my gun is invisible too

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Any recommended mods that fix the chameleon armor issue? I go invisible when I crouch which is annoying, but... I have no sights either my gun is invisible too
    Brief google led me to this mod

Any use to you? i tended to not use the cham effect legendary. It really doenst help much. I found it was better to put points into stealth and mod armour with shadowed and super light weight.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; August 21 2017 at 09:30:54 AM.

so it's paid mods basically.

Hellfire Power Armor was community released less than a week ago, there's been a Chinese stealth armor had a community version, with more features no less, for more than a year, there's a bunch of competing backpack mods already.

fucking pipboy skins ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I think sometimes developers forget games stay popular because of modding. Free modding. Skyrim sold very well at launch and was obviously very popular. Skyrim has continued to sell well beyond launch thanks to modding. If you put that content behind a paywall I think you'll see less people buy it beyond the initial release.

We'll see TES games go the same route as something like Destiny or Mass Effect. Big splash at launch, then no one plays them anymore. You don't pour 1,000 hours into Skyrim by playing the vanilla campaigns...

Till they announce that there will be no creation kit for the next TES game or issuing take down demands to the nexus for mods that are too similar to their premium items, all this is is a way to squeeze some extra cash out of console players. Not worth getting worked up over, imo. Though the way their franchies are going, I wouldn't be surprised if the next fallout is an MMO & there's no TES6, just endless expansions for TESO

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I think sometimes developers forget games stay popular because of modding. Free modding. Skyrim sold very well at launch and was obviously very popular. Skyrim has continued to sell well beyond launch thanks to modding. If you put that content behind a paywall I think you'll see less people buy it beyond the initial release.

We'll see TES games go the same route as something like Destiny or Mass Effect. Big splash at launch, then no one plays them anymore. You don't pour 1,000 hours into Skyrim by playing the vanilla campaigns...
    i actually support "paid modding" because it serves a excellent venue for authors to make a living, there's a number of both skyrim and fallout mods i would unironically pay for, things like Sim Settlements and Frostfall, but a bunch of pipboy skins and a couple of recycled assets ?

get-the-fuck-out-of-here.

do a proper 1-handed and 2-handed spear and pole-arm mod for Skyrim with animations and so forth ? TAEK MY MONEY! fuck i'd pay 10€ for that because i that much of a sucker of that game. but this, this shit i can get free from the nexus, they cannot compete with the price of "free" so why the fuck are they trying ?

here's a comparison with actual, free to download, mod content, available before the release of creation club.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Still haven't played the mass effect Dlc, now you mention it. Bethesda moving to create their own Monopoly money to buy content with doesn't fill me with confidence that I'll play future dlc from them, either.
    Well bethesda are doing more production deals these days (wolfenstien, dishonoured etc) so it's not the alcohol that's hot, it's you.

you know somebody fucked up when jim sterling does out-of-sequence episodes of the jimquisition.
    Viking, n.:

So anyone have a short list of the best Mods available via the build-in free option provided by Bethesda? (i.e. not needing to download or manage a third party clients or the like)

Especially looking for something to make settlement construction not so horrible, painful and unintuitive.

+1 for simsettlements. Its a good solution to all that tedious dicking around with walls and beds etc

So I'm playing a character named Cersei and I got strong. The RP desire to use him is strong but... he dislikes everything. Anybody know of a mod that fixes that?

Also I just discovered you can turn water into bottlecaps...

Strong likes it when you kill things & act like a dick. This one lets you tweak & fiddle with the affinity system, though I dunno how effective it is since I've never had cause to use it.

reinstalled this for winter singleplayer funsies

gimme some good mods for more realistic grimdark shit because fuck the main storyline
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

gimme some good mods for more realistic grimdark shit because fuck the main storyline
    I didnt get around to trying it but Frost looked like an interesting change on the base game - removes the main story I believe.

Might be worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

Pick an ENB and play a survival mod?

Wanna go all the way then I'd recommend a mod-list guide to help you through installation.
    This guide covers a lot of mods, and you can just cherry pick out of the non-essentials.
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"