hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2181

Thread: Fallout 4 - Hype Train Edition

  1. #2161

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I'm thinking of replaying Fallout 4.
    Any must have mods you can think of ?
    sim settlements and addons.
    I've got that & one of the addons that I liked the look of, it really does save a lot of fiddling.

    I'd also say the Unofficial Patch is probably a must. I tend to use Full Dialogue interface too because I'm not on a console and don't want to pretend I am.

    Edit: I'm a regular user of Snappable Junk Fences too.

  2. #2162
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I'm thinking of replaying Fallout 4.
    Any must have mods you can think of ?
    sim settlements and addons.
    I've got that & one of the addons that I liked the look of, it really does save a lot of fiddling.

    I'd also say the Unofficial Patch is probably a must. I tend to use Full Dialogue interface too because I'm not on a console and don't want to pretend I am.

    Edit: I'm a regular user of Snappable Junk Fences too.
    turret stands goes well with this.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  3. #2163
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,071
    Horizon is good if you want a bit more depth and challenge to a survival game. Works with sim settlements.

  4. #2164

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,063
    Atomic Radio & Tales from the Commonwealth & Sim Settlements were the main mods I last played with. Was a while ago, though.

  5. #2165
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,821


  6. #2166
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,532
    can't be any worse than 4 I guess

  7. #2167
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,071
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    can't be any worse than 4 I guess
    Throw enough mods at 4 and its more than playable imho. So it might end up being worse than 4 if modders cant fix Bethesda's inherent laziness / poor choices due to no mod support.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; June 11 2018 at 08:08:31 AM.

  8. #2168
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    can't be any worse than 4 I guess
    Throw enough mods at 4 and its more than playable imho. So it might end up being worse than 4 if modders cant fix Bethesda's inherent laziness / poor choices due to no mod support.
    xr just has a hateboner for beth, best not to engage

  9. #2169

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I'm thinking of replaying Fallout 4.
    Any must have mods you can think of ?
    sim settlements and addons.
    I've got that & one of the addons that I liked the look of, it really does save a lot of fiddling.

    I'd also say the Unofficial Patch is probably a must. I tend to use Full Dialogue interface too because I'm not on a console and don't want to pretend I am.

    Edit: I'm a regular user of Snappable Junk Fences too.
    As for settlement enhancement, I used Scrap Everything. But be careful, it's easy to remove objects you actually wanna keep.

  10. #2170
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    can't be any worse than 4 I guess
    Throw enough mods at 4 and its more than playable imho. So it might end up being worse than 4 if modders cant fix Bethesda's inherent laziness / poor choices due to no mod support.
    xr just has a hateboner for beth, best not to engage
    Only Gamebyro games, the rest of their offerings are decent to excellent.

    That said, with all the tearing apart of the code they'll have had to do to get working multiplayer, I'm mildly optimistic that TESVI and/or Starfield might actually have engines worth a damn.

    I'm mostly witholding any hype until I see some actual MP gameplay that isn't pre-scripted, I have no clue what F76 is trying to be

  11. #2171
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I have no clue what F76 is trying to be
    Acording to the recent announcements, it's an online multiplayer survival game.
    No offline mode.

    #notmyfallout is a thing already.

  12. #2172

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,562
    They did confirm you can play it single player.

    Is it gonna have an interesting world to make it worth it? Doubt it, but still.

  13. #2173

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    342
    I tend to avoid online-only games as I've been caught more than once when the servers die. I'll grant you something this big will probably last a good while, though.

  14. #2174

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    They did confirm you can play it single player.
    The exact wording was "you can play this solo". And for complete clarity it is also "entirely online". So I'd expect something along the lines of Destiny with some Rust-ish base building and survival aspects.

  15. #2175

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    They did confirm you can play it single player.
    The exact wording was "you can play this solo". And for complete clarity it is also "entirely online". So I'd expect something along the lines of Destiny with some Rust-ish base building and survival aspects.
    Yepp. Mandatory always online (connected to Bethesda's servers), but the game's content is doable solo.

    My thought is that I don't worry so with a game always connecting to some kind of licensing service like Steam on startup. But if those servers are also obligatory for providing content/playability, this raises a few red flags with me. What happens to the game, if Bethesda switches the servers off?

  16. #2176
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    They did confirm you can play it single player.
    The exact wording was "you can play this solo". And for complete clarity it is also "entirely online". So I'd expect something along the lines of Destiny with some Rust-ish base building and survival aspects.
    Yepp. Mandatory always online (connected to Bethesda's servers), but the game's content is doable solo.

    My thought is that I don't worry so with a game always connecting to some kind of licensing service like Steam on startup. But if those servers are also obligatory for providing content/playability, this raises a few red flags with me. What happens to the game, if Bethesda switches the servers off?
    It's gone, that's not really a question. The real question is when they switch it off. The speech said that it'll run at least a couple of years, but Bethesda have been reasonably good with supporting older shit so I don't expect it to go down that quick. Besides, look at Fallout 4, there are 28,000 people playing it right now, why the hell would they want to turn something like that off anytime soon?

  17. #2177

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,536
    There are plenty of games that do coop/mp survival that aren't in the FO universe.

    Bethesda burnt me with FO4 which I bought day 1. I'll wait for review/sale.

  18. #2178

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,562
    Todd Howard interview, some quick notes apparently.

    0 npcs, all players

    vats is in but no slowdown (obv) just aim for bits

  19. #2179
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,181

  20. #2180

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,562
    More concise from the interview from what i hear.

    They haven't confirmed how to do pvp but they want it in, no human npcs, all npcs will be robots etc. instead, vats is in game but no slowdown, there is a main story apparently but they don't want to say how that will work with the endless playing. Raiders attacking you will be players or sth weird like that?

    Always online, and you'll see other players even if you play solo.

    Bleh.

    Oh Skyrim for Alexa is a real thing.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •