hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2181

Thread: Fallout 4 - Hype Train Edition

This vault opened 20 years after bombs fell apparently and was a 'control vault' with no fuckery. Fallout Metro 2076 is go?

I guess we have to wait for E3 to find out more? I guess thats all prerendered.

Sorry for not calling ESO the massive success it obviously was. Its just everyone Ive seen/spoken to who has played it did not really rate it for longterm enjoyment, and I assumed that trend continued with the rest of the population.

Glad you guys and the rest of the world are still enjoying it though. Maybe I will give it a shot.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; May 30 2018 at 02:56:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I guess we have to wiat for E3 to find out more?
    C

Fallout candy crush clone for all the real gamers out there to enjoy on their morning commute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

okay, so it's not a switch port.

for your reference, 76 is a "control vault" ie, one of a handful that actually worked as advertised, it's somewhere to the west of Washington and the capital wasteland and referenced in Fallout 3 as well as mentioned in the intro of fallout 4. it's been open for years at this point now, much like 81.

there's a non-zero chance we're looking at a return to the capital wasteland and pittsburg area from Fallout 3, it's obviously a new vault, the bible doesn't have anything about when it was sheduled to open though, and the 1776/interstate 76 can't be entirely coincidental either.

if i where to hazard a guess ? Super Mutant/Brotherhood/The Pitt threeway party covering pittsburgh and the functional steel mills and other heavy industry in the area, there's something funky in the air up there as evidenced by the trogs, propably with some rebellion era minute-men inspired faction thrown in, if not straight up the minutemen from Boston expanding south.
    Last edited by Liare; May 30 2018 at 03:41:07 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Hoping for a good game. But expecting some bullshit in line with what they've released recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Hoping for a good game. But expecting some bullshit in line with what they've released recently.
    Are devs able to learn from their mistakes and the responses online from the great unwashed masses?

I just dont know anymore.

they went out and admitted that the voiced protagonist of FO4 was one of the things they felt didn't resonate with the community the way they expected. simply put they liked what they did with FO4, but it's going back to the mute mr./ms.-mute-pants-you-drive-about due to community feedback.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    they went out and admitted that the voiced protagonist of FO4 was one of the things they felt didn't resonate with the community the way they expected. simply put they liked what they did with FO4, but it's going back to the mute mr./ms.-mute-pants-you-drive-about due to community feedback.
    While I'm fine with that I'd say that i think the major issue wasn't that it was voiced (although it did make quest modding more annoying) it was that the dialogue was just spectacularly lazily written with no choices and effects since it was all just yes yes no pay more.

Could have spent that budget on maybe some actual dialogue but ehh. Fine with it either way.

notice the date, for reference, Fallout starts 2161, Fallout 2 begins in 2241, Fallout 3 begins in 2258, and Fallout 4 begins in 2287.

vault city, another control vault opened in 2101.

we're looking at something like 25 years after the bombs fell, nuclear-winter fallout in Virginia is go?
    Last edited by Liare; May 30 2018 at 04:38:13 PM.
    Viking, n.:

I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed
    Rumour mill is now saying its a base building survival game ala Rust....

I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed
    oh come the fuck on, that's the whole fucking point of these games. :/
    Viking, n.:

Add some zombies (Ghouls) - Fallout Survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Kotaku say it's an online game. I don't normally bother with them but they were right about 4.

Fallnite: Battle Royale

Add a card game element and we're all set for Shareholder Committee designed game of the year!

notice the date, for reference, Fallout starts 2161, Fallout 2 begins in 2241, Fallout 3 begins in 2258, and Fallout 4 begins in 2287.

vault city, another control vault opened in 2101.

we're looking at something like 25 years after the bombs fell, nuclear-winter fallout in Virginia is go?
    I am sometimes amazed by how little it takes to get me hyped about something.
    A sublte (or not so subtle) hint at them giving a fuck about the lore in their own game and I'm salivating.

(WHile the oposite can be said when stuff like ESO is released, where they show tha they don't have a fucking clue about the lore in the game they're making)

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Kotaku say it's an online game. I don't normally bother with them but they were right about 4.
    aaand there we go. Hype dead.

Glad I checked here before starting a new thread on the announcement.

New game probably warrants a new thread tbqh.

Screens:
      Spoiler:

There's rumors pointing to a rust style game.

Hard pass if thats the case