Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2075

Thread: Fallout 4 - Hype Train Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I am filled with impotent rage.
    My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Is there a recommended build order etc for starting off in Horizon?
    I'm meaning level 1-2 type stuff to get going without dying.

I've had a few of starts so far this week and they've all ended in a rapid spiral of infections+illnesses, ending in death. Get bitten by a radroach, contract ebola and slowly bleed out as the initial resources aren't enough to get anything sustainable going before doom arrives. You can stave it off for a bit, last night I tried a lot of sleeping to see if infections went away by themselves, but that just left me immensely irradiated from food/drink instead.

Is it expecting me to know where things are in F4? (I don't, been far too long.)

What should I be doing?
    Please send help.
    Don't get bitten by a Radroach.
    Unsure if joking, because it turns out you were right.
    Restarted yesterday before the election hilarity kicked off and shooting the little bastards instead of meleeing did the trick. I blame being led astray by the intro section where everything dies in one hit so no danger of infection, and thinking ammo was rare. It is compared to vanilla, but it's not a drought.

I got it. It's not as bad as all the nerd rage would have let to me believe.

Frame Drops in the city though, fuck me those are annoying.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I got it. It's not as bad as all the nerd rage would have let to me believe.

Frame Drops in the city though, fuck me those are annoying.
    It's not a bad game, just a bit boring.

I want proper ultrawide screen support.

(I know there are mods.)

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

For a game I'd be hesitant to recommend, I've put an ungodly number of hours into it.

I think there's a couple questions you can ask yourself to see if this game is for you:

1. Did you like Skyrim's open world, RPG-lite style? Fallout is Skyrim with guns!

2. Did you like Fallout New Vegas? Do you prefer it over Fallout 3? Fallout 4 will anger you.

It really comes down the the voiced protagonist and lack of "real" choices.

Smuggo
    The settlement building thing is also aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    The settlement building thing is also aids.
    It's you. You're the AIDs.

I liked it. The Sim Settlements mod is a better implementation of the idea though.

Is there a reason to bother with settlements? I'm around level 16 and they just seem to be a time sink so far?

Also where can somebody find a good screw in the wasteland? Besides the Diamond City market? I've found one so far and half the gun mods require a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Is there a reason to bother with settlements? I'm around level 16 and they just seem to be a time sink so far?

Also where can somebody find a good screw in the wasteland? Besides the Diamond City market? I've found one so far and half the gun mods require a few.
    other guns with the right perks

you want the scrapper perk in the intelligence line, if you didn't go 4/1/1/6/10/1/1 at character creation you probably fucked up a bit, the XP multiplier on intelligence is massive, 6 charisma gives local leader and supply lines off the bat and 4 str gives you access to weapon and armor mods without having to invest in str directly.

also you need this mod, it instantly makes settlement building non shit.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Things with screws in them Fallout wiki will be your friend, not least so you can tell if a quest has bugged out or you're doing something wrong. Settlements are useful if you plan to upgrade instead of buy/loot new gear or feel compelled to hoard everything. Not necessary though, since beds & crafting stations are scattered all over. the main thing to remember is you should decide from the start if you'll be using caps or components as your main way of upgrading your gear, because it will take hours to find enough components to do upgrades if you weren't already hoarding everything scrappable.

oh and misc junk will respawn in the various "dungeons" so strip them bare, then fill your companions inventory with junk too, i have tossed away laser rifles for desk fans in the past.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I did not go 4/1/1/6/10/1/1 at all, don't think it really matters.

Will follow the scrapper advice, I try to strip dungeons bare but only the non-shite light junk.

does anyone have a list of mods that play nicely together?

I started this up with a list but some didnt work. I have a beastly GPU so want Max niceness.

SO there is GOTY version incoming...

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    SO there is GOTY version incoming...

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

It's just game + DLC.

Exactly, which is pretty common to have a game on huge sale but to get the damn DLC's cheaper in time is pretty impossible. Take a look at mass effect games. You can buy them all for like 5 bucks but dlcs? Still cost shitload. Goty verison is different - you buy the whole packadge. Pretty much goty versions of games is what I see as a normal game being fully released. This is the final product that they developed. And they tend to be on sales and so I can buy that game in few months or a year knowing that I buy a whole packadge, not some skimmed one, and for the price that I think it's worth. Might not be a huge deal for you or even most people, it does for me though. I have no time anyway to play game on releases, I can wait few years to have my fun So yeah, great news for me.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Exactly, which is pretty common to have a game on huge sale but to get the damn DLC's cheaper in time is pretty impossible. Take a look at mass effect games. You can buy them all for like 5 bucks but dlcs? Still cost shitload. Goty verison is different - you buy the whole packadge. Pretty much goty versions of games is what I see as a normal game being fully released. This is the final product that they developed. And they tend to be on sales and so I can buy that game in few months or a year knowing that I buy a whole packadge, not some skimmed one, and for the price that I think it's worth. Might not be a huge deal for you or even most people, it does for me though. I have no time anyway to play game on releases, I can wait few years to have my fun So yeah, great news for me.
    Look in the ukraine thread.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    In the what.