hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 51 of 2575 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 51487

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Either way, the conservative platform fails to inspire faith in their capability to correct the issues of modern society.

Anti-immigration, anti-regulation, anti-education, all about letting "the market" fix things. Who needs pesky things like educated and capable citizens when you can just import/export skilled labor and resources to make profits?
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

It must be so weird living with those blinders on.

Her "starting it" is akin to Stalin "starting" a "We Love the Polish People" Day Celebration.

I.e., trollface of epic scale.

You don't get a more secretive, corrupt and money-rich-by-any-means candidate that a Clinton.

Let me guess, you probably still think all the Corporate and Billionaire money went to Romney last cycle, not Obama, right?

Blinders, mate, blinders.
    I had no idea the Citizens United case was the fault of the democrats. I COULD HAVE SWORN CITIZENS UNITED WAS A CONSERVATIVE GROUP but now that I know it was Clinton's fault I'll start rooting for the bible thumpers.
    Remind me, did Citizens United (a different, if related, topic than "Money in Politics") mandate only donations to Republicans?

Ah, right, no. Seems (D) is doing just fine in a post-Citizens United funding world. Or does "money out of politics' only mean the money that supports (R), while the money that supports (D) is fine, 1.1 billion or not?

Like I said, we'll see who wins in 2016, Ms. Clinton, or the inevitable Bush/Walker/whocaresloser (R) nominates.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Either way, the conservative platform fails to inspire faith in their capability to correct the issues of modern society.

Anti-immigration, anti-regulation, anti-education, all about letting "the market" fix things. Who needs pesky things like educated and capable citizens when you can just import/export skilled labor and resources to make profits?
    Anti-illegal immigration. There is a difference.

Definitely Anti-Alot of Regulation, thats absolutely true. Anti-Climate Change too (more a question of economics IMO).

Anti-Education....thats a stretch. Anti-Education Dept. Mandates, Secularism and Education Unions, yes, certainly.

Market Economy > Command Economy run from Washington, yes, clearly.

And (you left it off the list) definitely anti-welfare/state-run social support.

And worst of all, pro-religious limitations on personal freedoms, can't forget that one it's so bad and outdated.

You're 100% right, (D) offers a vastly more palatable/populist platform of free this, free that, benefits, more free stuff, fuck those rich guys, superior rights and free stuff for the minorities they like/need votes from, etc, etc, etc.

No question (D) wins that debate, they say yes to everything people want for free, and blames everyone but the people for where they are in life. And their big on collectivist rhetoric as long as it isn't their money being shared or their power being weakened.

What average schlub doesn't love that? Hell, they offer enough free shit to my income bracket, I'll vote for them too.

Or, you know, there are enough non-retard people in the states to realize that the R side of the aisle is completely, utterly, pants on head retarded and seems to want to create some dystopian, anti-science, theocratic hellhole.

I don't particularly like the Democrats, but I'm sure as hell going to vote for whoever they field, because the alternative is ridiculous.
    meh

I'm sorry, I don't subscribe to the idea that we should be considering religion in public schools, last I recall, there was supposed to be a separation of church and state. And science classes are for science, we shouldn't have to include creationism or nonscientific lines of thought to accommodate to religions.

As for the climate change issue, if we're going to say that we should worry about our profit margins in the next decade instead of worrying about how well the ecology and environment of the country, and the world, suffer, then we deserve to have the ocean rise and climate fuckery which will screw us over worse than taking preventative measures to slow down pollution.

Social support works when it is cleanly functioning, but cutting it doesn't help fix the problem in any way. If the corporate taxes ease up the wage for most employees won't go up, they get paid by cost of living and minimum wage. I doubt they'd reap the benefits of lower taxes.

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"

I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Remind me, did Citizens United (a different, if related, topic than "Money in Politics") mandate only donations to Republicans?

Ah, right, no. Seems (D) is doing just fine in a post-Citizens United funding world. Or does "money out of politics' only mean the money that supports (R), while the money that supports (D) is fine, 1.1 billion or not?

Like I said, we'll see who wins in 2016, Ms. Clinton, or the inevitable Bush/Walker/whocaresloser (R) nominates.
    Oh okay, so even though it was a conservative move to allow this vast amount of money to invade politics, lets blame the democrats for not folding and committing political suicide by not staying competitive.

ITS BRILLIANT

jesus fucking christ man. You hurt my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    A vast majority of the spending was for Romney, though:

2012 financial activity for super PACs

1,310 number of super PACs
    $828,224,700 total raised by super PACs
    $609,417,654 total spent by super PACs

Has a nice chart showing nearly about 2/3 going to Romney Conservatives (I forgot, the superpac funding in primaries).

Also one showing nice opposition/support spending

Super PAC spending

The scale says $290.9 Million was spent to oppose Obama... Obama raised/spent $25,340,306 and Romney raised/spent $57.6 Million in his campaign.
    You and your facts and numbers. You just don't get it: anything Clinton or Democrat is by definition terribad. If you don't agree, you've got blinders on. Mate.

Welcome to the weird weird world of Alistair.
    Numbers you apparently didn't know. And numbers that only tell a part of the story at that.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/

Total funding for each Candidates Campaign 2012.

Obama raised $715,677,692 and spent $683,546,548 total.

Romney raised $446,135,997 and spent $433,281,516 total.

So lets see, what do those pesky numbers say again.....

Ah, right, that Obama raised quite a bit more than Romney and spent considerably more than Romney.

What was that about "money in politics" again? Let me guess the next talking point, the Obama money was "good money" while the (far less) Romney money was "evil corporate money" right?

Except that for "Large Individual Contributors" Obama won again, $489 mil to $366 mil. Guess those big boys and billionaires liked Obama a bit more than some think.

Where Romney won was in party spending for him (By a little under $100 mil, exposing the weakness of the (D) national party aparatus vs. (R)) and in "Outside spending", i.e. the Spending by folks in the earlier source above (where Romney did indeed crush Obama, by about 300 mil or so).

What this shows is that corporations and billionaires were content to simply give to Obama, whereas those same folks preferred to spend for themselves for Romney rather than let Romney spend it for them.

Total spending by all parties, For Obama 1.11 Billion. For Romney 1.23 billion. Romney wins, by a nose.

Money in Politics, clearly a Republican-only issue.

What was I saying about Blinders again......if you think Clinton is a good face for "getting money out of politics", I think we'll enjoy this debate post 2016, presuming Clinton is any more honest about her campaign financing and outside spending and relationships than she is about anything else (i.e. utterly dishonest, secretive and more).

If this was Elizabeth Warren, you'd have a vastly better point. Clinton? Lol.
    Show me on the doll where Hillary touched you ...

Because seriously dude, I don't even like Clinton, but your rabid hatred is quite something else. It seems one only needs to mention her name and you start seeing red and foam at the mouth.

It frankly makes me wonder if your head is going to explode when she wins. What are you going to then? Move to Canada?

And while you're at it, please show me where in my post I wrote that this is a GOP-only problem. Should be easy, I've left the quote in for you. Ahh, I see: you can't, because I never did. Well, that clears that up then.

Blinders firmly in place I see.

Oh okay, so even though it was a conservative move to allow this vast amount of money to invade politics, lets blame the democrats for not folding and committing political suicide by not staying competitive.

ITS BRILLIANT

jesus fucking christ man. You hurt my brain.
    You may want to go back and review what exactly transpired; because it was actually quite an interesting series of events that caused it; and was actually kicked off by one Michael Moore. Not saying I agree with the decision, but its far more complicated & less of a one sided affair than you make it out to be.

The Obama birth certificate thing was kicked off by Hillary, but somebody else definitely picked up the flag.

Anyway why care who dun it? Citizens United is a perversion and I'm glad we have a candidate standing against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    You may want to go back and review what exactly transpired; because it was actually quite an interesting series of events that caused it; and was actually kicked off by one Michael Moore. Not saying I agree with the decision, but its far more complicated & less onside of an affair than you make it out to be.
    I haven't argued at all about how simple or complex reality is, only that a conservative lobbying group pushed to change the law. If you want to blame Moore for making farenheit 9/11, I guess you can construe it as his fault if you want. I think that's idiotic.

That doesn't change the hilarity of blaming Democrats for playing a rigged game. Like they should fall on their swords or something.

I have heard more democrats complain about money in politics than I have heard republicans. I have heard a republican nominee triumphantly yell that "corporations are people, my friend" as if he's proud of that fact. But then, I'm Canadian, and my bias is that you people look insane to me.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

You're all voting for the same thing at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

This logic leads Russians to support Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

This logic leads Russians to support Putin.
    Blame it on extremism, gerrymandering, private money in elections, two party system... the problems go on.

Show me on the doll where Hillary touched you ...

Because seriously dude, I don't even like Clinton, but your rabid hatred is quite something else.
    "Rabid hatred" because I, like no shortage of Americans, am aware of her political history and don't find her trustworthy, sincere or particularly accomplished in the jobs she's had?

There is a reason she's not wiping the floor with the polls yet, and no, it's not because her rival Democrats and opponent Republicans are anything but minor league candidates.

And it's not because America hates women (before you go that predictable route).

It's because few people actually trust her, at all. Many will vote for her regardless, as you say, whats the alternative right?

It seems one only needs to mention her name and you start seeing red and foam at the mouth.
    So you see no irony in a big money, big interests, political machine establishment candidate proclaiming how she's going to "take the money out of politics".

Again, blinders and deflection. I say that Clinton has no ground to stand on on that claim, you go right to "....it sure as shit won't be any of the GOP candidates...." as if that statement in any way changes Clinton's status as a big money, big machine candidate.

Let me put it in language you'll understand (i.e. attacking (R)): Ms. Clinton would make an excellent establishment corporatist Republican.

It frankly makes me wonder if your head is going to explode when she wins. What are you going to then? Move to Canada?
    Lol, no mate. Unlike the folks who see themselves as eternal victims, I'm sure I'll be just fine under whomever wins, including the clear-cut favorite Ms. Clinton.

Are you nuts? Canada is antithetical to 90% of the crap Alistair says regarding politics.

Are you nuts? Canada is antithetical to 90% of the crap Alistair says regarding politics.

edit: well ok really just antithetical to the idea of being a libertarian.
    Last edited by Frug; April 16 2015 at 09:35:52 PM.

Anti-illegal immigration. There is a difference.

Page me when any R (or american political party) says that they'd like more immigration, legal or otherwise.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Lol, no mate. Unlike the folks who see themselves as eternal victims, I'm sure I'll be just fine under whomever wins, including the clear-cut favorite Ms. Clinton.
    Lol, no mate.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post

Lol, no mate.

Alistairs political views so retarded even Quackbot caught up with it.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?