hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2360 of 2578 FirstFirst ... 136018602260231023502357235823592360236123622363237024102460 ... LastLast
Results 47,181 to 47,200 of 51550

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Civil litigation, pretty much exclusively internet-and-tech-related. And then I do tech policy stuff in my spare time.

I actually like the British model for a few things. Split profession is interesting; I'd prefer to be a barrister if I had the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Civil litigation, pretty much exclusively internet-and-tech-related. And then I do tech policy stuff in my spare time.

I actually like the British model for a few things. Split profession is interesting; I'd prefer to be a barrister if I had the option.
    That's cool, i wanted to be a barrister originally but it's always been a crapshoot. I have a nerdy interest in arbitral stuff and contribute articles but that's sadly as close as i get to contentious stuff now.

See I love the adversarial nature of litigation; it's like a really complex game. Unfortunately you almost never go to trial; the only way to get consistent courtroom experience is to do criminal defense or prosecution. Even civil "trial lawyer" firms settle 99% of their cases; they just use threat of a competent trial performance to drive settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I actually knew basically all of that about you already.
    Aye, fair enough, I overpost too often.

We'll always have guns to fight about though. I don't think the public should have them at all (even though I like shooting them).
    I can respect that viewpoint, it has merit.

And I can always fight with real Canadian right wingers about animal rights and how fur is disgusting.
    Fur IS disgusting in the modern era.

I'm curious, how is your access/availabillity to vegetarian "fake meat" products in Canada? Things like this:

Is Canada Veg/Vegan friendly for restaurants or no would you say? Thx.
    France has just banned that sort of soycuck labelling. No more vegetarian sausages/mince/burgers/steaks etc.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43836156
    Last edited by Larkonis Trassler; April 21 2018 at 06:08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Classic America, litigate don't investigate.
    i.e. this piece of news today:

Democrats file suit alleging Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks conspired to interfere in 2016 campaign

(CNN)The Democratic National Committee is suing the Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and several associates of President Donald Trump alleging a grand racketeering, hacking and fraudulent conspiracy that harmed Democrats through WikiLeaks' publication of internal party emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/polit...sia/index.html
    Presume this means Dems no longer have faith that Mueller will find the smoking gun of Russian Collusion they were hoping for?
    They did the same after Watergate broke, and IIRC received a pretty hefty settlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

grand conspiracy that harmed Democrats through WikiLeaks' publication of internal party emails during the 2016 presidential campaign
    or maybe their entire program was too much of the old bullshit and people wanted a change.

Plz when will this nightmare end

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    See I love the adversarial nature of litigation; it's like a really complex game. Unfortunately you almost never go to trial; the only way to get consistent courtroom experience is to do criminal defense or prosecution. Even civil "trial lawyer" firms settle 99% of their cases; they just use threat of a competent trial performance to drive settlements.
    That happens here mostly too. One day I might give the bar another shot as i do miss it - used to do voluntary stuff for claimants at tribunal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Classic America, litigate don't investigate.
    i.e. this piece of news today:

Democrats file suit alleging Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks conspired to interfere in 2016 campaign

(CNN)The Democratic National Committee is suing the Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and several associates of President Donald Trump alleging a grand racketeering, hacking and fraudulent conspiracy that harmed Democrats through WikiLeaks' publication of internal party emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/polit...sia/index.html
    Presume this means Dems no longer have faith that Mueller will find the smoking gun of Russian Collusion they were hoping for?
    They did the same after Watergate broke, and IIRC received a pretty hefty settlement.
    $750,000 if I recall, of an asked for $1 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I actually knew basically all of that about you already.
    Aye, fair enough, I overpost too often.

We'll always have guns to fight about though. I don't think the public should have them at all (even though I like shooting them).
    I can respect that viewpoint, it has merit.

And I can always fight with real Canadian right wingers about animal rights and how fur is disgusting.
    Fur IS disgusting in the modern era.

I'm curious, how is your access/availabillity to vegetarian "fake meat" products in Canada? Things like this:

Is Canada Veg/Vegan friendly for restaurants or no would you say? Thx.
    France has just banned that sort of soycuck labelling. No more vegetarian sausages/mince/burgers/steaks etc.

Maybe Brexit was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Viva truth in advertising. Viva.
    Only a colossal retard would think think they're actually meat or 'pretending' to be real meat.
    Last edited by Alistair; April 21 2018 at 03:22:16 PM.

Erm, what? They're not meat and shouldn't try to pretend they are. Make it clear lads.

Vegan thinkČ -good++.

Viva truth in advertising. Viva.
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    What am I looking at here.

Mrs Clinton

Only a colossal retard would think think they're actually meat or 'pretending' to be real meat.
    Nice snarky edit after post mr. "i have everyone ignored" too bad the time is visible

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    As a center-left Lutheran, I was properly triggered by this article, and it certainly misrepresents some aspects of Protestantism, but it does have some good points.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...-donald-trump/
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    WTF I hate white people now...

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    So does anyone still think Hillary would have been worse than Trump (except Alistair lmao)

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    So does anyone still think Hillary would have been worse than Trump (except Alistair lmao)
    Alistair never thought that.

Does anyone still think anime-anthropomorphic-kiddie-pony-pillow fucking is cool (other than Xenosis)?

Maybe Brexit was right after all.

I wonder where those idiots draw the line. It lists milk alternatives, too. So no more almond milk? Ok call it almond based beverage and sound like the lawyers are doing stupid shit again, that's nothing new. But what about coconut milk?

"This man is in great pain!"
    "Give him milk of the poppy."
    "... You mean substance of non animal origin derived of the poppy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.