hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: USA Politics Thread

The talking heads on Fox are suggesting that congress and the senate should "get out of the way" and let Trump lead the legislative process on heath care.

The freedom is so staggering, it's almost choking me.
    meh

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    The talking heads on Fox are suggesting that congress and the senate should "get out of the way" and let Trump lead the legislative process on heath care.

Ann Coulter tells Trump not to spend time on corporate bullshit like the Ryan's healthcare reform bill, and instead focus on what got him elected; illegal immigrants, the wall and the economy.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Ann Coulter tells Trump not to spend time on corporate bullshit like the Ryan's healthcare reform bill, and instead focus on what got him elected; illegal immigrants, the wall and the economy.
    I'm pretty sure Ann Coulter dreams of being Dr. Josephine Mengele.

E: So she's also calling for congress to just rubber stamp Trumps agenda. Nice constitutional thinking there, Skeletor.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; March 24 2017 at 05:26:15 AM.
    meh

Banned

Shit.. Missed it..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Some of these are pretty good...

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GOPDND

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...mirage/520599/

tl;dr poor rural people who for some reason believed a narcisist new york billionaire would help them out are apparently genuinely surprised and disappointed when he kicks them to the curb and gives the money to people like himself

On a lighter note, we switch to coverage of the saddest song, being played on the tiniest violin
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ine-following/

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Known Fake News.
    didnt they say hillary was gonna win lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...mirage/520599/

tl;dr poor rural people who for some reason believed a narcisist new york billionaire would help them out are apparently genuinely surprised and disappointed when he kicks them to the curb and gives the money to people like himself

On a lighter note, we switch to coverage of the saddest song, being played on the tiniest violin
    To be pedantic, that's an article about why poor rural people should be going off trump, it doesn't contain any evidence they actually ARE

Banned
    To be pedantic, that's an article about why poor rural people should be going off trump, it doesn't contain any evidence they actually ARE
    But what about that CNN poll that shows he got a record-low 39% approval rate!!!

:hillary4president2016polls:

But what about that CNN poll that shows he got a record-low 39% approval rate!!!

At the end of the day approval polls don't mean much anyway. The only impact they would have at all would be on the party to see if they want to kick him out, and even if they are willing that's still not easy in merica.

Opinion poles are news that news outlets create and then report on and nothing much of consequence.

Edit :basically I'm glad you posted that because now I can disagree with you and yet still make the same point.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Known Fake News.
    Yeah they still think Pepe was coopted by white natinalists when that story has been debunked as having been two highschoolers trolling a journalist.
    Pepe is posted every fourth meme on /r/the_donald (and has been since long before the media referencing it became a thing), and if you dont think that is a hotbed of white nationalism then I have a bridge to sell you.

You and many others still live in an imaginary world where you treat stuff that happens on the internet as somehow "not real life"....

Pretty sure "poor rural people" are less than 39% of the country. And "I dont approve" and "I wont vote for" are very different things.

When I was talking about this with some of my friends from Holland they were shocked at how high the cost for a simple trip to the ER was in the US.
    I'd call it funny, if it wasn't so sad.

It is common knowledge in all industrialized countries that amongst them, the U.S. healthcare system is both the most expensive and the least effective around (at least pre-Obamacare).

So regardless of one's party affiliation, this fact should make one think and look around what others do differently in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    When I was talking about this with some of my friends from Holland they were shocked at how high the cost for a simple trip to the ER was in the US.

It is common knowledge in all industrialized countries that amongst them, the U.S. healthcare system is both the most expensive and the least effective around (at least pre-Obamacare).

So regardless of one's party affiliation, this fact should make one think and look around what others do differently in that regard.
    Actually Medicare is one of the most cost effective systems in the world.

Known Fake News.
    didnt they say hillary was gonna win lol
    It's fucking amazing how commonplace statistical illiteracy is. Saying Hilary has an 80% chance of winning means 20 times out of 100 Trump wins. What actually happened could EASILY be one of those 20 times without 538 being wrong.

In fact given how many factors ultimately had to line up to give Trump the win I'd say it would have been wrong to say "Trump was likely to win" at any time prior to voting commencing, notwithstanding that he actually did.

tl;dr retards be like "hurr durr you said heads and tails each has a 50% probability, but we flipped the coin once and it was 100% heads. 100%=/= 50% so YOU WERE WRONG"

PS: I appreciate Walrus may have been doing "bait" with that wink, but this view is pretty commonplace even among liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

citation

Smuggo

Pretty sure "poor rural people" are less than 39% of the country. And "I dont approve" and "I wont vote for" are very different things.
    There was a poll yesterday that showed only 17% of voters approve of his healthcare plan with 56% disapproving. That's pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

citation
    Shove it up your butt.

Google it this isn't a fucking peer reviewed article.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

There was a poll yesterday that showed only 17% of voters approve of his healthcare plan with 56% disapproving. That's pretty big.
    Again, unless that translates into voting intentions, does it matter? Also what proportion of people do you think could even cogently explain what his healthcare plan DID, even in the roughest terms?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Again, unless that translates into voting intentions, does it matter? Also what proportion of people do you think could even cogently explain what his healthcare plan DID, even in the roughest terms?
    I see you're engaging in a game of "yes but".