hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 2710 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Politics Thread

There are plenty of vegans pushing the agenda that eating meat is evil and that everyone should stop it at once, and there is a large overlap with groups like PETA or Animal Liberation.

Note that I said "filled with" not "all" so while there are many libertarians and Vegans who are not campaigners for their beliefs there are many who are.

Nah frug vegans are retarded. Vegetarians are far more sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    There are plenty of vegans pushing the agenda that eating meat is evil and that everyone should stop it at once, and there is a large overlap with groups like PETA or Animal Liberation.

Note that I said "filled with" not "all" so while there are many libertarians and Vegans who are not campaigners for their beliefs there are many who are.
    Sure, every group has its morons. I'd just like to point out that it's impossible to talk about this topic without someone throwing insults in the opposite direction. Its quite taboo not to eat meat with many, many people. They either take it as a bizarre personal affront, or use it as an excuse to shit on someone else. Your sentiments are so prevalent it makes it ironic that you're accusing one side of being particularly ideological.

I love you too, Zeekar.

I used to think so too, until I had it explained to me that actually killing the animals isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    Now let's see if any of the anti-regulation people here respond to Aea and Tyrus, or just pretend this didn't happen and move along...
    There's a difference between planning regulation and regulations that prevents competitive market activity like being required to sell cars through a dealer or requiring a expensive license to get paid for transporting people.

Well in my mind there is vOv
    The difference is that some environmental group didn't come up with those, the major car companies came up with them to block Tesla. The people I know who usually complain about EPA regulations strangling business conveniently ignore businesses passing their own regulations to strangle their competitors. It seems to me that most harmful regulation comes not from an environmentalist trying to protect an endangered bird, but from an executive trying to protect an endangered business model.
    You should actually read up on it, as those regulations have existed since before Elon Musk was born. Secondly its not the major car manufacturers trying to block tesla's competition, it is the networks of independent dealerships trying to maintain their existence via the enforcement of the regulation. The manufacturers would love to sell cars direct to the public again, but are very quiet about it because they're would be blasted from both sides of the aisle for wanting to put an easy hundred thousand out of a job.

Not sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk now Free

I don't give a shit what other people eat as long as they don't feel they have a right to impose their personal choices on me. I am sure that there are "eat meat faggots" idiots out there as well.

You want me to justify your needed to be offended?

"I guess that Vegans care about what they eat because if you live your life with your head shoved up your own arse then you care what your shit tastes like!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I don't give a shit what other people eat as long as they don't feel they have a right to impose their personal choices on me. I am sure that there are "eat meat faggots" idiots out there as well.

You want me to justify your needed to be offended?

"I guess that Vegans care about what they eat because if you live your life with your head shoved up your own arse then you care what your shit tastes like!"
    Whatever you're blathering about, my point was very simple.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    If I was ignorant enough to believe vegetarianism made you physically weak, it wouldn't have made sense to claim also cutting dairy would make you strong again.
    tbf you're pretty fucking retarded so it's hard to judge

I love you too, Zeekar.

I used to think so too, until I had it explained to me that actually killing the animals isn't the problem.
    What exactly is the problem? Animals arent people. While they can experience pain ( even that is debatable in some species ) and some have some measure of sentience (again how much is debatable ) most how ever dont have consciousness. If they dont present sentience i couldnt give the slightest of fucks what happens to them, if they present sentience but not consciousness then they should live without much suffering if possible. If they present consciousness ( afaik only higher order primates and dolphins) then they deserve far more protection than lower animals.

If polar bears were tasty they wouldn't be going extinct.

Think about it.

most how ever dont have consciousness*
    *citation needed

You irk the cognitive scientist in me when you make statements like that. The above quote is vacuous if you have no definition of term you're using. You're drawing a hard line on a continuum and claiming it's factual.

There are a slew of issues here that range from health, the environment, to the treatment of the animals. IMO, the case against it amounts to entitlement to a luxury combined with a lot of cognitive dissonance and traditionalism. I've got no real interest in bludgeoning you with my opinion on it, but you shouldn't strawman a position. The trolls and mud in this thread will be strong because this topic is pretty impossible to talk about with most people so if you actually want to know, ask in PM or srs bznss forum.

We should get back to talking about murican republicans. A topic people are totally capable of being polite about.

We should get back to talking about murican republicans. A topic people are totally capable of being polite about.
    It was the politest circle jerk for a while thats for sure.

*citation needed

You irk the cognitive scientist in me when you make statements like that. The above quote is vacuous if you have no definition of term you're using. You're drawing a hard line on a continuum and claiming it's factual.

There are a slew of issues here that range from health, the environment, to the treatment of the animals. IMO, the case against it amounts to entitlement to a luxury combined with a lot of cognitive dissonance and traditionalism. I've got no real interest in bludgeoning you with my opinion on it, but you shouldn't strawman a position. The trolls and mud in this thread will be strong because this topic is pretty impossible to talk about with most people so if you actually want to know, ask in PM or srs bznss forum.

Most dont even pass the mirror test let alone any thing more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    *citation needed

Most dont even pass the mirror test let alone any thing more complex.
    Bit of a high bar, given that it requires reasoned thought and all ...

Basic reasoned thought is a requirement for consciousness...

a cow doesnt pass the mirror test but will develop social bonds and have "friends", it will get depressed and stop feeding regularly if that friend is taken away.

You can be conscious without reasoned thoughts, there is no definition of consciousness that stands up to logical scrutiny that distinguish animals from humans, stop feeling special mate.

If you're a vegan or a vegetarian that's cool. I'll probably try and mimic your choices if we're eating together. If you're not I'll eat whatever sounds good to me. People have lots of reasons for eating particular things, not all are ideological either.

If you're a carnivore and take offense to vegetarians or vegans that's impolite. If you're a vegetarian or vegan and make sweeping value judgements or try to preach it's just as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    a cow doesnt pass the mirror test but will develop social bonds and have "friends", it will get depressed and stop feeding regularly if that friend is taken away.

You can be conscious without reasoned thoughts, there is no definition of consciousness that stands up to logical scrutiny that distinguish animals from humans, stop feeling special mate.
    cow inst conscious. social bonds and brain reactions when those get removed dont make you conscious.

where did i state humans are different from animals? we are animals just more developed. similar characteristic that we posses have been observed in the animal world. Animals that exhibit those characteristics deserve more protection and rights than others. where have i stated any thing otherwise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    If you're a vegan or a vegetarian that's cool. I'll probably try and mimic your choices if we're eating together. If you're not I'll eat whatever sounds good to me. People have lots of reasons for eating particular things, not all are ideological either.

If you're a carnivore and take offense to vegetarians or vegans that's impolite. If you're a vegetarian or vegan and make sweeping value judgements or try to preach it's just as bad.

Can we just all agree to this and get back to US Politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Can we just all agree to this and get back to US Politics?
    you dirty vegan apologist

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    I love you too, Zeekar.

Isn't me is it?