hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 101 of 2575 FirstFirst ... 519198991001011021031041111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 51487

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So, we have Frug (who rarely posts actual on-topic content), Xenosis (ultra-troll) and Barth (The Bloviating Spergelord) all in surefire agreement.....that they cannot list even a single material policy disagreement within the U.S. Democratic party and it's major figures today.

Fair enough.
    "Help I've been called out so I'm going to label my detractors as trolls and run away"
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    What other things are you looking for?
    What I was looking for Erich, was a discussion of the major policy disagreements within the Democrat party.
    I'm not really sure why I'm bothering, but OK.

Education, Healthcare and Foreign Policy. We can start there. Also Campaign Finance.
    So what are the actual differences mate, simply listing an assortment of general issues does not prove or detail a meaningful difference in policy vision.

Best as I can see and hear, in coverage, speeches and more, almost every Democrat believes we need more Federal spending on Education, that education today is discriminatory towards minorities, that it must remain public only (no for-profit education funding), and that more free education (college) is probably a good thing, and that student loan debt is a problem that the State should help solve via more aid/better loans/etc.

De facto Universal agreement on this between Sanders, Clinton, O'Malley, Obama, etc. http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

So lets be specific and tackle just this one issue, what are you claiming is a material difference amongst Dems on how to tackle Education policy?
    I haven't seen goalposts move this fast in a while
    With Alistair you have to clock them on the Mach scale ...

I haven't seen goalposts move this fast in a while
    Content-free non-reply sighted!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    With Alistair you have to clock them on the Mach scale ...
    Content-free non-reply sighted!

Keep at it boys.

So lets be specific and tackle just this one issue, what are you claiming is a material difference amongst Dems on how to tackle Education policy?
    Charter schools. Teacher tenure. Teacher performance measuring. Basically Obama is exactly where Bush was on education, while others want different things. Two minutes on Google would have gotten you there...

http://harvardpolitics.com/united-st...sue-democrats/
    meh

XenosisReaper
    Charter schools. Teacher tenure. Teacher performance measuring. Basically Obama is exactly where Bush was on education, while others want different things. Two minutes on Google would have gotten you there...

countdown to deflection/whatabouotism initiated

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So, we have Frug (who rarely posts actual on-topic content), Xenosis (ultra-troll) and Barth (The Bloviating Spergelord) all in surefire agreement.....that they cannot list even a single material policy disagreement within the U.S. Democratic party and it's major figures today.

Fair enough.
    "Help I've been called out so I'm going to label my detractors as trolls and run away"
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to XenosisReaper again.

help
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Fair enough.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to XenosisReaper again.

help
    please no last time somebody asked others to plusrep me I ended up down 4 rep from contrarians

So, we have Frug (who rarely posts actual on-topic content)
    How dumb or butthurt you are is on-topic in every thread you post in.

I'd also like to point out that I haven't explictly agreed with Barth or Xeno on this issue. I noticed that you claimed that there was some kind of great variation in the policies and thinking of the Republican party, got shot down quite thoroughly, and then just turned around and started asking people to explain everything about the Democratic party, as if you're starting from scratch. Literally saying it should be easy for them to give you "a brief list of those major diverse policy opinions, and the prominent national-level leaders of each side of that internal party debate." Like doing essay homework to appease you is both easy and something you can expect. And I suspect providing that would have led to 10 pages of a slap fight about nothing. So I trolled you about it.

Any time I agree with Barth is purely the result of universal forces combining in embarrassing circumstance, anyway.
    Last edited by Frug; August 18 2015 at 04:15:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Interesting, will definitely give this a thorough read.

I notice right off your comparison of Obama to Bush is disputed in the article itself:

However, Obama’s policies are undoubtedly distinct from those of right-wing education reformers. “While the … Obama-Duncan group is staking out a position that’s different from what the teachers unions would like them to, it’s also a position that’s different from some of the reformers further on the right,” Teachers College, Columbia University professor Jeffrey Henig told the HPR. Indeed, the Department of Education has shifted its rhetoric this past year to emphasize that its policy objectives aren’t all that different from those of the traditional left-wing education activists. For example, in an October op-ed for The Washington Post, Duncan acknowledged a major complaint lodged by teachers and parents, writing that “tests—and preparation for them—dominate the calendar and culture of schools, causing undue stress.”
    I'd also note at the core of the article is a State-Level race between two Dems for a non-glamourous (i.e. ignored by the public) State Position. And that the traditional Democrat won.

The article itself is also rather non-specific, citing "many Democrats" and "some Democrats" but not naming specific names or the weight of those views within the party.
    Last edited by Alistair; August 18 2015 at 04:47:57 PM.

the Department of Education has shifted its rhetoric
    I'm done with this conversation, but, watch what they do, not what they say. Obama is not very far from Bush on Education. Whether that is because of him spending his energy elsewhere or not, who knows.

I'd also note at the core of the article is a State-Level race between two Dems for a non-glamourous (i.e. ignored by the public) State Position. And that the traditional Democrat won.
    That race also spent more money than the race for governor. If you think local or state politics doesn't matter, I feel sorry for you. It is your primary way of affecting your life politically. Needless to say, just because they are running for state office, doesn't make them less Democratic Party, and it doesn't make their policy views less different.
    meh

Meanwhile, diversity in opinions the gop is how you can make more people illegal immigrants with bullshit ideas like removing citizenship by birthright.

Down the hole to fully paid up members of fascism I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Meanwhile, diversity in opinions the gop is how you can make more people illegal immigrants with bullshit ideas like removing citizenship by birthright.

Long since past that point, mate, long since past ...

Long since past that point, mate, long since past ...

Yeah I don't think Birthright Citizenship will ever go away, in spite of the huge (and unanticipated) abuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Yeah I don't think Birthright Citizenship will ever go away, in spite of the huge (and unanticipated) abuses.
    How many countries in the EU have birthright citizenship like the U.S. does?

If someone comes here illegally, what is the rational for rewarding them with citizenship for their birthed child here?

Does the UK have such a policy, where illegals who give birth get auto-citizenship for that child? Maybe the U.S. should aim to mirror the most common policy of EU states on this issue?

That seems reasonable, right? Emulate our betters in Europe.

Or, we could just take the idea further, for example, while breaking into someones house IS illegal, if the breaker and enterer manages to get in and give birth there, that child then gets to live in the house legally for as long as they like, and the homes owner needs to feed and clothe them! It's brilliant!
    Last edited by Alistair; August 19 2015 at 02:40:23 AM.

You can literally type "birthright citizenship" into google to answer most of that in the second wikipedia link.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Or, we could just take the idea further, for example, while breaking into someones house IS illegal, if the breaker and enterer manages to get in and give birth there, that child then gets to live in the house legally for as long as they like, and the homes owner needs to feed and clothe them! It's brilliant!

If someone comes here illegally, what is the rational for rewarding them with citizenship for their birthed child here?

Does the UK have such a policy, where illegals who give birth get auto-citizenship for that child? Maybe the U.S. should aim to mirror the most common policy of EU states on this issue?

Or how about, its constitutional, and you and Trump should calm the fuck down now.
    meh

Or how about, its constitutional, and you and Trump should calm the fuck down now.
    I have a better idea - since it is constitutional but according to some no longer working as intended and is being "abused" (because of developments in society and world economy), perhaps it may actually be time to change it?

Is that a right to bear arms I see as well?
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar