hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2872 of 2912 FirstFirst ... 1872237227722822286228692870287128722873287428752882 ... LastLast
Results 57,421 to 57,440 of 58227

Thread: US Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    (FYI, anyone still wondering how ineffective Trump might be in a Putin plan to disrupt the west just take a look at how many news outlets actually even reported on Russias hypersonic missile testing before xmas, let alone anyone calling for more sanctions)
    But isnt that the plan? Russians hacked the president in to office so they can do whatever they want? And the American media are too dumb to research anything anyway so the whole thing just flew by (literally)

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    (FYI, anyone still wondering how ineffective Trump might be in a Putin plan to disrupt the west just take a look at how many news outlets actually even reported on Russias hypersonic missile testing before xmas, let alone anyone calling for more sanctions)
    But isnt that the plan? Russians hacked the president in to office so they can do whatever they want? And the American media are too dumb to research anything anyway so the whole thing just flew by (literally)
    It was more, they don't need to tell him specifically what to do, just for him to make noise so people get distracted. Shutting the government down out of spite is just a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    And/or no one gives a fuck about a poor county on the other side of the world posturing in the arms industry equivalent of a budgie-smuggling Speedo.

In a civilized country, if the government reached a deadlock like this there would be a new election to replace the current congress and president.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    In a civilized country, if the government reached a deadlock like this there would be a new election to replace the current congress and president.
    If you were to sit down and deign a modern democratic political system from scratch I doubt it would look anything like many existing governmental systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I disagree; I think it would look like a combination of existing governmental systems, with a few security patches tacked on.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    I disagree; I think it would look like a combination of existing governmental systems, with a few security patches tacked on.
    On The blockchain...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    If you were to sit down and deign a modern democratic political system from scratch I doubt it would look anything like many existing governmental systems.
    I'm just patiently waiting for a strong AI to emerge and take control of society.

I'm just patiently waiting for a strong AI to emerge and take control of society.
    We have already stronk AI.

I'm not so sure nature can produce decent intelligence let alone nature produce an intelligence than creates a decent artificial intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    On The blockchain...
    People have been saying fork the government for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    On The blockchain...
    People have been saying fork the government for years.
    Nice.

You mean like an election we've just had two months ago?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Saw this a bit late, but it apparently was a legit thing.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Well she's gotta pay that bill somehow

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    You mean like an election we've just had two months ago?
    No, the concept of votes of no confidence or snap elections didn't seem to make it into the "great experiment"

Nothing about how the US is governed makes sense.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

That would be one way to lose the remaining CA GOP seats

Funny given that most of the forests in California (57%) are federally managed and federally owned. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Funny given that most of the forests in California (57%) are federally managed and federally owned. . .
    The Orange doesn't care, so get raking!