hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2857 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 185723572757280728472854285528562857285828592860286729072957 ... LastLast
Results 57,121 to 57,140 of 60410

Thread: US Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    US media has also continued to shit the bed by talking only in terms of how this upsets the military, our allies, or politicians like Lindsey Graham. The preference of voters has been absent from the coverage
    Since most of the "voters" in question are a bunch of Russian trolls on Facebook (and people who follow them), their "preferences" can be safely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    US media has also continued to shit the bed by talking only in terms of how this upsets the military, our allies, or politicians like Lindsey Graham. The preference of voters has been absent from the coverage
    Since the "voters" in question are a bunch of Russian trolls on Facebook, their "preferences" can be safely ignored.
    Boomer Don being retarded as usual.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/186590/...militants.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/186887/...ate-group.aspx

http://www.pollingreport.com/isis.htm

The idea of a ground presence in Syria is mildly popular only when ISIS is in the equation. It hangs around at 50% support when you mention fighting ISIS as the objective because people tend to have a visceral reaction to them. But when you ask a broader/neutral question like "ground troops in Syria?" its closer to 40% favorable
    Last edited by mewninn; December 23 2018 at 07:54:21 PM.

Don loves Clinton and the right wing Democrat war mongers. He's just as shit as a Trump supporter.

I won’t lie, I’d prefer less foreign interventionism.

But I still don’t think it’s a good idea to pull out of Syria or Afghanistan at the moment, mostly because they’re in many ways our mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

But I still don’t think it’s a good idea to pull out of Syria or Afghanistan at the moment, mostly because they’re in many ways our mess.
    This.

The Kurds don't deserve whats going to happen to them after, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

This.

That was going to happen to the Kurds anyway, all that changes is the time line, either in a couple of years or in 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

This.

Pulling out also assumes you believe Trumps “Mission Accomplished” nonsense.

This.

That’s a big part of it, yes.

Remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

This.

That was going to happen to the Kurds anyway, all that changes is the time line, either in a couple of years or in 6 months.
    Until the Kurds get their own country free from the Turks/Iraqis/Syrians they will continue to get shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

This.

Until the Kurds get their own country free from the Turks/Iraqis/Syrians they will continue to get shit on.
    Yeah a real solution for the safety of the Kurds would offend virtually everyone in the ME.

But the other alternative is a permanent occupation to put American troops between the Kurds and the insanity of the Turkish/Iraqi/Syrian governments. There are no good solutions atm

You can't really protect the Kurds when you back their strongest oppressors (Turkey) and have a important strategic alliance with them. That's why pulling out isn't going to affect them in the long run, they were and have been pawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    You can't really protect the Kurds when you back their strongest oppressors (Turkey) and have a important strategic alliance with them. That's why pulling out isn't going to affect them in the long run, they were and have been pawns.
    The only real difference is that the US has very publicly shat on them, so now they are going to blame the US for it, and in a few years there is going to be some little terrorist organisation made from people who believed the US shat all over them and the cycle begins again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The only real difference is that the US has very publicly shat on them, so now they are going to blame the US for it, and in a few years there is going to be some little terrorist organisation made from people who believed the US shat all over them and the cycle begins again.
    Yup, this.

PKK or whatever new named group will go back to bombing in Turkey and this time there will be a grudge against the yanks backstabbing them so.... GG yay new targets i guess?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

The stock plunge is nothing a good old firing of few dudes by Trump can't solve! Good thing everything is in the capable hands of the best deal-maker and businessman ever!

"The party of business" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

This.

This. man, they're about the only halfway decent bunch in that shit show. And now they get betrayed. Once again.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

This.

Yeah a real solution for the safety of the Kurds would offend virtually everyone in the ME.

But the other alternative is a permanent occupation to put American troops between the Kurds and the insanity of the Turkish/Iraqi/Syrian governments. There are no good solutions atm
    Obligatory reminder that Sykes-Picot was a mistake

plunge protection team

better than space force

I guess