Page 2273 of 2273 FirstFirst ... 127317732173222322632270227122722273
Results 45,441 to 45,448 of 45448

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

god I love centrist memes
    So you are saying we should gas the jews who are overly represented in the top tiers of media and business in order to promote equality?
    Please stop with the jewish non-jokes. I'm half jewish and while it's the internet and you have your little hate boner for "jews" or whatever, I honestly find it offensive.
    I am three quarter jewish and find them funny. Same as nigga stole my bike stuff etc.
    There is no such thing as being 3/4 jew. Im sorry you can go past the jail but wont collect a bribe.

ffs beaten by the autist german .......ok what he said above.

fucking gentrified gentiles
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    everyone but my mum's father is a 100% russian jew, happy now?

So you're a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    So you're a Jew.
    In all but lighting menoras/celebrating hanukas, having a cut benis and being rich, yes.

MEANWHILE.
    A great article on whats happening in Pennsylvania.
    https://www.wired.com/story/pennsylv...ering-experts/
    Warshaw doesn’t try to prove that gerrymandering created that partisanship in Congress. His point is merely that in Pennsylvania, where more Democratic votes are wasted, it becomes almost impossible for Democrats to see issues they support turn into federal policy. This degrades trust in government and in elections.

“Representative democracy should be largely responsive to what voters want, and if it’s not, it calls into question democratic bona fides,” says Warshaw. In societies where elections shut one entire subset out of power, he says, “all kinds of bad things can happen.”

“Ultimately, people think why are we even having elections?” Warshaw says. "There’s nothing inevitable about democracy.”

Politico's summary of the situation here:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-356522
    Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court ruled last month that Republicans allegedly gerrymandered districts to their partisan advantage, a violation of the commonwealth’s constitution. Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf and GOP legislative leaders failed to agree on a new congressional map, triggering the state Supreme Court to use its own map.

So far, Pennsylvania Republicans have argued that the state Supreme Court is infringing on the legislature’s power to draw congressional maps.

“Implementation of this map would create a constitutional crisis where the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is usurping the authority of the Legislative and Executive branches,” state Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati and state House Speaker Mike Turzai said in a joint statement released Monday. “This map illustrates that the definition of fair is simply code for a desire to elect more Democrats.”

But legal experts said the U.S. Supreme Court has broadly interpreted the definition of a legislature in the Elections Clause of the U.S. Constitution, including a 2015 case in Arizona, which allowed an independent commission to draw the lines, instead of the state Legislature.

Since 2011, in addition to Pennsylvania, 11 other states are using congressional district lines drawn in total or in part by a state or federal court.

Scott Gessler, a former Republican secretary of state in Colorado, acknowledged that the GOP’s effort in Pennsylvania is an “uphill battle.”
    It's a shame it's required the courts to do this, but I think, along with poorly regulated news media, is one of the fundamental problems with US democracy. Solving gerrymandering actually makes me more hopeful for the long term future of *humanity*.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Solving gerrymandering actually makes me more hopeful for the long term future of *humanity*.
    Only because the yanks have nukes.

Otherwise we wouldn't care so much whether you've decided to be a developed country or not.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."