hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2711 of 2711 FirstFirst ... 171122112611266127012708270927102711
Results 54,201 to 54,215 of 54215

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    nicholai just said it better than i could

i'm actually shocked just how venomous some of you otherwise normal people are getting about this.
    "I just want to get rid of your retirement and healthcare, why can't we have a civil discussion about this?"

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Why didn't people just politely debate the Nazis???
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I’m not really bothered by the ethics of “high road” vs “low road”.

What cracks me up is all these internet hardmen in this thread suddenly who wouldn’t say a fucking thing in real life in 99% of situations, other than maybe a passive aggressive muttering if they feel super brave.

Brave words.
    You've said in other threads you dont give a shit because your well off and not threatened by these shit stains so kindly fuck right off.

i'm actually shocked just how venomous some of you otherwise normal people are getting about this.
    "I just want to get rid of your retirement and healthcare, why can't we have a civil discussion about this?"
    and what the fuck is being a dick in a restaurant supposed to do about that? it'll make the dude doing it and some twitter followers happy, but otherwise it achieves shit all except making some undecided right wing voters swing to the voting right because hey, apparently the left are rude dickheads.

you win by being better, by arguing better and holding yourselves to higher standards. that the western left (and really we mean the US and UK) has not managed that in the past decade is not the fault of the right wing.
    Nope. That was tried, didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

and what the fuck is being a dick in a restaurant supposed to do about that? it'll make the dude doing it and some twitter followers happy, but otherwise it achieves shit all except making some undecided right wing voters swing to the voting right because hey, apparently the left are rude dickheads.

you win by being better, by arguing better and holding yourselves to higher standards. that the western left (and really we mean the US and UK) has not managed that in the past decade is not the fault of the right wing.
    Nope. That was tried, didn't work.
    Just being polite isn't the same as arguing better.

The only person who inspired me as a hope for your country in the previous election was Bernie, and now you have young Bernies coming out of the woodwork all over the place and winning primaries. They are doing it right and they are winning.

The Dems lost their way. Trump has helped them find it again. He's the wake-up call the American 'left' needed.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; October 21 2018 at 08:43:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    TBH I am not much of a fan of that restaurant thing, it's dumb and pointless so you're quite right in that regard and one should pick their fights better, but i strongly disagree with the calls to politeness and niceness as that ONLY works in an environment that allows for it, which has been successfully destroyed by now.
    I do agree that this specific scenario of screaming at McConnell in a public restaurant is pretty counterproductive- you aren't just ruining his meal, but that of all the other diners present as well.

The owner of that one place quietly asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave is the way to go. Scream at them in the street, not in a crowded dining space.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I’m not really bothered by the ethics of “high road” vs “low road”.

What cracks me up is all these internet hardmen in this thread suddenly who wouldn’t say a fucking thing in real life in 99% of situations, other than maybe a passive aggressive muttering if they feel super brave.

Brave words.
    You've said in other threads you dont give a shit because your well off and not threatened by these shit stains so kindly fuck right off.
    Your aggressive and impolite approach will have no affect on me. Have you considered trying restrained debate?

TBH I am not much of a fan of that restaurant thing, it's dumb and pointless so you're quite right in that regard and one should pick their fights better, but i strongly disagree with the calls to politeness and niceness as that ONLY works in an environment that allows for it, which has been successfully destroyed by now.
    I do agree that this specific scenario of screaming at McConnell in a public restaurant is pretty counterproductive- you aren't just ruining his meal, but that of all the other diners present as well.

The owner of that one place quietly asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave is the way to go. Scream at them in the street, not in a crowded dining space.
    This. It's not the intent but the execution.

The blond who's waving at and telling the guy to get out is exactly the person you want clapping to show she agreed with your behaviour.

Be like Kristin Mink. Articulate and brave; assertive and sane. You need to sell the narrative that you are the majority not a crazy fringe loonie.

It's cute how you guys assume an inept and corrupt official (at least that's what i got from this thread) would give a shit about some :words:.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

The blond who's waving at and telling the guy to get out is exactly the person you want clapping to show she agreed with your behaviour.

Be like Kristin Mink. Articulate and brave; assertive and sane. You need to sell the narrative that you are the majority not a crazy fringe loonie.
    Mmm yes when I think of Trump I think articulate and brave; assertive and sane.

wait not, get fucked, it doesn't work and Trump proved that.

Brexit proved it too

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Mmm yes when I think of Trump I think articulate and brave; assertive and sane.

wait not, get fucked, it doesn't work and Trump proved that.

Brexit proved it too
    It does. A lot of the support for Ford was because she was brave, articulate and sane. Didn't stop the Senate vote but can be telling in the Midterms. The reason is because it got people onside with the anti-Republican agenda.
    Last edited by Kai; October 21 2018 at 11:05:36 PM.

‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

It does. A lot of the support for Ford was because she was brave, articulate and sane. Didn't stop the Senate vote but can be telling in the Midterms. The reason is because it got people onside with the anti-Republican agenda.
    It's cute how you still have faith in the us not fucking it up

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    ‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.
    Just be nice to these people guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Just be nice to these people guys.
    But maybe if we calmly explain to them why it's bad they'll totally listen.