hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2349 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 1349184922492299233923462347234823492350235123522359 ... LastLast
Results 46,961 to 46,980 of 47253

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #46961

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'.
    Rigth. And because that's a well known fact, Obama appointed this GOP party member as head of FBI. Makes sense.

  2. #46962
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'. The CYA is strong with this one....
    Biased towards whom though.
    Himself and his own mismanagement and improper actions perhaps? If you think this current Comey book campaign is anything more than pure profiteering and CYA, well......

    Remember that he torpedoed Hillaries campaign when he found some emails on Wieners laptop? That turned out to be nothing special in those emails but the media impact was huge and Clintons poll numbers dropped after it happened. Hillary partly attributed the loss to that specific day.
    Oh, because Hillary attributed it, it must be so. Funny how she attributed her own defeats to pretty much everyone but herself.

    As a reminder, Comey also protected Clinton from prosecution for her various violations of law and statute.

    In before the usual Clinton-protection of vast oversimplification about "she din doo nuff'in!" and it being "just about some emails".

    No, more likely Comey is exactly what he appears to be, a boring bureaucrat true to the law and his word.
    It's funny how often honesty and integrity are seen through the prism of party affiliation. Comey hates Trump today, so he must be "true to the law and honest" now.

    When he was "matter"ing Clinton (to use the officially sanctioned Loretta Lynch-directed term, not "investigation!"), he was part of the great vast right wing conspiracy out to tank Hillary who, as we know, din doo nuff'in.....
    It's funny how often, in your posts, honesty and integrity are seen through the prism of your hatred of everything Clinton.
    I mean its an optically sound prism! Invisible to the user though.
    I call it a load of bullshit and alistair as thick as pigshit again ... but whatever floats your boat ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  3. #46963
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'. The CYA is strong with this one....
    Biased towards whom though.
    Himself and his own mismanagement and improper actions perhaps?
    Well I'm sure he'll get nailed for anything illegal or he'll take a plea deal which gets Mueller one more step towards to Trump.

    He's useful because he won't be clean. If he acts in his self interest then he can aid an important investigation out of self preservation, which is much more preferable than hoping he'll be useful out of the goodness of his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #46964
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'.
    Rigth. And because that's a well known fact, Obama appointed this GOP party member as head of FBI. Makes sense.
    :alistair:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  5. #46965
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'. The CYA is strong with this one....
    Biased towards whom though.
    Himself and his own mismanagement and improper actions perhaps?
    Well I'm sure he'll get nailed for anything illegal or he'll take a plea deal which gets Mueller one more step towards to Trump.

    He's useful because he won't be clean. If he acts in his self interest then he can aid an important investigation out of self preservation, which is much more preferable than hoping he'll be useful out of the goodness of his heart.
    To me it is still quite unclear what 'improper actions' he undertook, or, for that matter, what, exactly, he so grossly mismanaged. Or, for that matter, how any of his action makes him partisan to either side.

    Regarding Clinton: he was fucked if he did, and fucked if he didn't. Not because of himself, but because of the partisanship in US politics at this time. So he played it by the book and, naturally, one of the two took it out on him. The same with Trump's Russian collusion investigation; only it was the other side that took it out on him. No course of action on his part on both issues would have pleased both sides; and, predictably, as a 'neutral', he ended up in the cross-hairs of both.

    Only an hair-brained idiot would claim that he got in this pickle because he was partisan to any side ...

    Ohhh, wait ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  6. #46966
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'. The CYA is strong with this one....
    Biased towards whom though.
    Himself and his own mismanagement and improper actions perhaps? If you think this current Comey book campaign is anything more than pure profiteering and CYA, well......

    Remember that he torpedoed Hillaries campaign when he found some emails on Wieners laptop? That turned out to be nothing special in those emails but the media impact was huge and Clintons poll numbers dropped after it happened. Hillary partly attributed the loss to that specific day.
    Oh, because Hillary attributed it, it must be so. Funny how she attributed her own defeats to pretty much everyone but herself.

    As a reminder, Comey also protected Clinton from prosecution for her various violations of law and statute.

    In before the usual Clinton-protection of vast oversimplification about "she din doo nuff'in!" and it being "just about some emails".

    No, more likely Comey is exactly what he appears to be, a boring bureaucrat true to the law and his word.
    It's funny how often honesty and integrity are seen through the prism of party affiliation. Comey hates Trump today, so he must be "true to the law and honest" now.

    When he was "matter"ing Clinton (to use the officially sanctioned Loretta Lynch-directed term, not "investigation!"), he was part of the great vast right wing conspiracy out to tank Hillary who, as we know, din doo nuff'in.....
    It's funny how often, in your posts, honesty and integrity are seen through the prism of your hatred of everything Clinton.
    I mean its an optically sound prism! Invisible to the user though.
    I call it a load of bullshit and alistair as thick as pigshit again ... but whatever floats your boat ...
    I mean there is nothing wrong with hating the Clintons. They are abhorrent people. Not sure how it makes Trump any better mind

  7. #46967
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'. The CYA is strong with this one....
    Biased towards whom though.
    Himself and his own mismanagement and improper actions perhaps?
    Well I'm sure he'll get nailed for anything illegal or he'll take a plea deal which gets Mueller one more step towards to Trump.

    He's useful because he won't be clean. If he acts in his self interest then he can aid an important investigation out of self preservation, which is much more preferable than hoping he'll be useful out of the goodness of his heart.
    Comey and Mueller are besties, mate. So much so it potentially calls into question Mueller's objectivity in this whole shitshow, given his close and comfy relationship to Comey over the years.

    If anything, Comey would have been far more likely to part of Mueller's prosecution team, rather than someone prosecuted for (for example) his testimonial admission of illegal leaks of privileged information to his friend the Professor.
    Last edited by Alistair; April 13 2018 at 04:04:47 PM.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  8. #46968
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Mr. Comey is the very definition of an unreliable and biased 'witness'.
    Rigth. And because that's a well known fact, Obama appointed this GOP party member as head of FBI. Makes sense.
    Now, now Hel, the issue of Comey's reliability is not because of his old party affiliation or who appointed him back when.

    It's the fact that he himself was a key and material player throughout this affair, was then shit-canned publicly and embarrassingly by the man he is now throwing shit at, has been publicly belitted by that same man since the firing, and his own actions (like the leaks mentioned above, or the handling of the public disclosure of the Clinton 'matter') and management have been extensively called in question, by both parties (for varying reasons).

    He is clearly trying to save his professional and ethical reputation as part of the (likely very profitable) tell-all-on-Trumps-pervs book tour.

    As with any witness, trust but verify. An implication that Comey is some pristine angel whose word should be taken as Truth without questioning is, IMO, a bit silly (or a bit partisan). Most certainly Comey's word wasn't taken that way by Dems the day he spilled the results of the Clinton investigation publicly. Quite the contrary.

    Let me clear, I have no doubt Trump is a walking disaster and likely did most of what Comey is saying he did.
    Last edited by Alistair; April 13 2018 at 04:06:29 PM.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  9. #46969
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    15,719
    People in positions of power at the top of vertical hierarchies are usually cunts. You're middle aged and seemed outraged that they aren't all ethical actors. What rock have you been living under?

    Of course comey isn't whiter than white, he is however useful for throwing shit at the orange idiot your countrymen dumped into the Whitehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #46970
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    People in positions of power at the top of vertical hierarchies are usually cunts. You're middle aged and seemed outraged that they aren't all ethical actors. What rock have you been living under?
    It's not naivety my friend. And not surprised either. I assure you.

    Beyond that, I'm just not gonna comment.

    But no, no rock living here.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  11. #46971
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    Some book excerpts from CNN, the "Top 11" they say.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/polit...ump/index.html
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  12. #46972
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    If you'd like to read why McCabe was fired, here is the report from the IG.

    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/TODAY/z_...tedNBCNews.pdf
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  13. #46973
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    And more on Comey, his views, comments and a host of other related items, some interesting stuff here.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comey...ry?id=54420635

    A question: When President Trump asked Comey to "see if you could see fit to let this go" on Flynn, why didn't Comey tell Trump directly and in no uncertain terms that he could not do so, and that attempts by Trump to influence him in that regard would potentially be obstruction of justice? Would that be Comey's responsibility being in that job to be clear on that point, even if uncomfortable? It's one of the oddest aspects of this exchange IMO. Surely "feared for his job" is not a legitimate excuse for Comey not having done his job in that moment, is it?
    Last edited by Alistair; April 13 2018 at 07:30:23 PM.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  14. #46974
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    459
    The question you just asked is incredibly naive yet you just finished telling keckers you certainly aren't naive.

    Well done.

  15. #46975
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The question you just asked is incredibly naive yet you just finished telling keckers you certainly aren't naive.

    Well done.
    How is it naive? Are our top law enforcement officers can't address an issue directly when it involved the President potentially break the law? That's an amazing weak excuse for Comey's failure in that spot.

    Or are we really saying our top law enforcement officials simply are not required to operate under any form of ethical behavior if they might fear for the job by doing so?
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  16. #46976

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The question you just asked is incredibly naive yet you just finished telling keckers you certainly aren't naive.

    Well done.
    How is it naive? Are our top law enforcement officers can't address an issue directly when it involved the President potentially break the law? That's an amazing weak excuse for Comey's failure in that spot.

    Or are we really saying our top law enforcement officials simply are not required to operate under any form of ethical behavior if they might fear for the job by doing so?
    Because it's not his job to tell the president not to break the law. The president has other people for that. Saying "Don't do that, it's illegal" is what white house counsel and others are for, not the head of the FBI.

    This isn't a failure on Comey's part in the first place. It's not a position he should have ever been in.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

  17. #46977
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,264
    VIDEO IS COMING LADS


  18. #46978
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    VIDEO IS COMING LADS

    Stormy Daniels will be the new Kim Kardashian

  19. #46979
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    787
    Any lawyer worth his salary would have burned any and all documents relating to this shit, if not months ago then certainly after the raid last week. Am I wrong?

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  20. #46980
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Any lawyer worth his salary would have burned any and all documents relating to this shit, if not months ago then certainly after the raid last week. Am I wrong?

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    You're hypothesising what you might do if you weren't the one asteroid orbiting the Trumpstar that wasn't extremely stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •