hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2751 of 2791 FirstFirst ... 1751225126512701274127482749275027512752275327542761 ... LastLast
Results 55,001 to 55,020 of 55807

Thread: USA Politics Thread

And in the "hopefully something we can all agree on" category, Kim Davis lost her re-election in Kentucky.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/us/ke...ses/index.html

Good riddance.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Yeah, someone already posted that.

MN-01 is a dead heat. 260k votes cast, margin is less than 30 votes.

MN-02 is flipping to blue. Talk-show host Jason Lewis narrowly defeated Angie Craig (a lesbian Democrat) two years ago. Rematch occurred this year, and Craig has been leading in the polls all season. Craig is up by 6 points currently with 95% reporting.

MN-03 is flipping to blue. Paulsen was terrible, good riddance.

MN-05 just elected a greenhorn state legislator to Congress by a 56-point margin. What's unusual is that she will be the first Somali-American elected to Congress.

MN-08 is flipping to red. No big surprise, that area is (former) mining country, which went hard for Trump.

State Democrats getting sizeable margins in many races, which is pretty normal.

edit: Oh, and many of us are quite pleased that the psychopath governor next door (Walker) will probably be out of office too.
    Last edited by Nordstern; November 7 2018 at 05:51:15 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

"Rurals" don't live in states with big cities, heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post
    So I don't have an "I voted" sticker to post (mainly because I didn't bring one home tonight), but I just got done being an election judge for the last two and a half weeks;
    feel free to ask any questions I might be able to answer.
    Which country paid you the most to rig the results? I'm assuming Russia doesn't actually pay much because it's hard to get money out of the country now..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So I don't have an "I voted" sticker to post (mainly because I didn't bring one home tonight), but I just got done being an election judge for the last two and a half weeks;
    Which country paid you the most to rig the results? I'm assuming Russia doesn't actually pay much because it's hard to get money out of the country now..
    (American) sanctions don't cover money going IN the states. In case you were confused.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    (American) sanctions don't cover money going IN the states. In case you were confused.
    Oh, yes they Most certainly do.

BLUE WAVE woop woop

Trump's surely gonna get impeached now

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Babbies first Midterms interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Trump's surely gonna get impeached now
    nothing will happen until Mueller finishes his investigation.

Might pick up some cheap wins like getting Trump's tax returns, and kicking Nunez out of the intel committee.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

First thing is almost certainly going to be voting/corruption reforms.

Just to watch the senate squirm as they are forced to vote down an anti-corruption bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    First thing is almost certainly going to be voting/corruption reforms.

Just to watch the senate squirm as they are forced to vote down an anti-corruption bill.
    Squirm? Senate Republicans have no shame (RIP Mccain) and an even larger margin than before.

Nothing the house produces will go through the senate.

Meanwhile... This still manages to enrage me no end. +20% more votes, still lose seats.
    Last edited by Pattern; November 7 2018 at 09:46:46 AM.

Wow.

I was wondering. How much would it cost to say, an alliance of super rich Californians to get a fuckload of voters and re-patriate them in low-population red precincts a month before the election? What's the legal basis for voting somewhere? Residence? For how long? How difficult is it to change it?

*edit - I know it's dumbly unfeasible, but by how much?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

blame founding fathers

Murican's still thinking that voting or the electer representatives actually matter with the billions of dollars of corruption money floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    Wow.

I was wondering. How much would it cost to say, an alliance of super rich Californians to get a fuckload of voters and re-patriate them in low-population red precincts a month before the election? What's the legal basis for voting somewhere? Residence? For how long? How difficult is it to change it?

Erm...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Wow.

Erm...
    And before someone goes "reee no representation for rural areas!!!" again, it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing, but the current system is just fucking dumb.

>muh rural voters

Their communities already exist solely off the back of agricultural subsidies which are unlikely to go away. I'm baffled people think they should also be able to hold social decision making power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Wow.

Erm...
    Yeah that's the idea. Say that eh, Soros wants to finance this and pays the trip for 700k Californians to go and take up residence in Alaska just to fuck with the system and get it blue. (Maybe it already is, no idea, but you get the idea)

What's the legal requirement to be able to vote in a state rather than the other? Residence i assume - but for how long?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    People outside the big cities and biggest states will still get to vote. They just won't count. At all. Which is good, because those people are stupid and should be glad with whatever smart cityfolk give them. They know best.
    FYP.

If that's the system you want, by all means, make it happen. I'm an elite city dweller in a big city in a meaningful State, such a system works great for me.

Fuck rurals, got mine.
    80% of the USA lives in what the world bank defines as urban areas. Why should their vote be worth less than people who live on a farm? The status quo you are arguing for is minority rule.

Ok, so...US politics and governance makes no sense to me, so explain like i'm an idiot (not entirely inaccurate):
    What does losing the House actually mean in real terms for Trump?