hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2744 of 2791 FirstFirst ... 1744224426442694273427412742274327442745274627472754 ... LastLast
Results 54,861 to 54,880 of 55807

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    So Ferguson activists are being lynched. Peaceful debate advocates tell me an appropriate respectful response.
    Necklaces
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    So Ferguson activists are being lynched. Peaceful debate advocates tell me an appropriate respectful response.
    Necklaces

(brilliant movie if you've never seen it. Stander. I played in a band with his nephew)
    meh

So Ferguson activists are being lynched.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Necklaces

(brilliant movie if you've never seen it. Stander. I played in a band with his nephew)
    what a shithole no wonder you left

I played in a band with his nephew)
    good to know m8

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Link?
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...innies-751275/

There were other links if you don't like Rolling Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Link?
    So here is a link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.b71f7e7f553b

But contrary to viral headlines that reference an “alleged lynching,” Jones’s death is being investigated as a suicide. Police said Wednesday that there were no signs of foul play, the Riverfront Times reports.

St. Louis County Police Sgt. Shawn McGuire told the Post-Dispatch that Jones’s family reported a suicide when they called 911. Jones’s body was on the ground when officers arrived, he said, and there were no indications of struggle or trauma. As a result, the death is being considered a suicide, though, according to the Post-Dispatch, the cause of death won’t be determined until toxicology tests have been completed.

Three untimely deaths in St. Louis County over the past four years have inspired speculation that Ferguson protesters are being systematically murdered, although so far there is no evidence to suggest that the parallels are anything more than coincidental.
    Tens of thousands of protesters and advocates, and a handful have since met sadly tragic ends. The kind of tragic ends that happen to folks in poor communities rife with street-level violence. Two were shot. One shot himself. This most recent one hung himself (says the evidence so far).

4 out of what, 50,000 protestors? Over four years.

I presume that FHC prefers to rush to "Pizzagate Slavery Ring" levels of "Police conspiracy and coverup" conspiracy theory rather than take the Washington Posts "no evidence" reporting at face value, but four over four years from a pool of multiple tens of thousands, many of whom live in crime-ridden areas and had legally questionable pasts.....doesn't strike me as validating a claim that "Ferguson activists are being lynched".

Or maybe.....maybe thats just what those behind the conspiracy WANTS us to think!

It's not even close to pizzagate levels of conspiracy to suggest that Ferguson police would botch the investigation of a possible lynching.

It's plausible in a way pizza gate never was.

But your actual point "it's not clearly a lynching and all we really have to go on is the allegations of a bereaved mother" is fair. Pity your rhetoric still makes you look like a dick while making it.

I, too, would go to some lengths to mask my suicide as a lynching.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    He decided to hang himself outside on a tree, very common place to hang oneself. Reminds me of the people who commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head twice.

The real question is what did this guy know about Hillary? Another name added to the list of victims?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It's not even close to pizzagate levels of conspiracy to suggest that Ferguson police would botch the investigation of a possible lynching.

It's plausible in a way pizza gate never was.
    Apparently not to the Washington Post, whose piece is about as clear-cut a "nope" as they go on this kind of topic.

But your actual point "it's not clearly a lynching and all we really have to go on is the allegations of a bereaved mother" is fair. Pity your rhetoric still makes you look like a dick while making it.
    Which rhetoric is that, the joke at the end?

Is this where the long-winded lecture on "empathy" comes in? FHC, playing to the script as always.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Well yes, you're a russian. What won't you mask suicide as?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

reminder that this is not the first participant ending up dead under curious circumstances.

people sure wound up shot in burning cars in Ferguson a lot
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

SO MUCH IS UNCLEAR, BUT A FEW THINGS ARE CERTAIN:
    Not all of these men are Ferguson activists as many believe, but still, it's safe to assume patterns usually mean something.
    Absolutely top fucking journalism there.

Quite frankly, there is probably just as much chance its a serial killer than anything else.
    meh

Also 4 deaths in 50,000 is statistically less than a lot of traffic fatalities, "normal" gun violence, or death to disease and injury. Unless there's more evidence it's just another occurrence of daily living.

But it is "safe to assume patterns usually mean something."

So, yeah, journalism is apparently now, "whatever we think is safe to assume."
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Also 4 deaths in 50,000 is statistically less than a lot of traffic fatalities, "normal" gun violence, or death to disease and injury. Unless there's more evidence it's just another occurrence of daily living.
    Yeah if dozens of the Fergeson ringleaders were turning up dead there might be going on but 4 people in 2 years is nothing sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Yeah if dozens of the Fergeson ringleaders were turning up dead there might be going on but 4 people in 2 years is nothing sorry
    It's actually 7 people (from the article) who have been found shot and burned in a car in the St. Louis metro in the past 4 years, 3 of them had absolutely zero to do with Ferguson, so like I said, as probable it's a bonafide cereal killer at this point.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    It's actually 7 people (from the article) who have been found shot and burned in a car in the St. Louis metro in the past 4 years, 3 of them had absolutely zero to do with Ferguson, so like I said, as probable it's a bonafide cereal killer at this point.
    Or just organized crime killings, not like Fergeson is a community known for its peacefulness and lack of crime or something.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    This thread just makes me sad, on so many levels.

edit: like, I mean it actively makes my day worse, because half of you are wankers and the other half don't matter, because you're talking to the wankers