Results 54,081 to 54,096 of 54096

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    So Trump and the Republicans have their own Sturmabteilungen now ...
    "Patriot Prayer" "Proud Boys"

Haha who the fuck comes up with these group names.
    Racist faggots.
    THE LEFTS 14 WORDS REEEE
    Which are what?
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal," maybe?

Racist faggots.
    THE LEFTS 14 WORDS REEEE
    Which are what?
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal," maybe?
    Leftest propaganda right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Oh, also I would like to congratulate America in becoming the worlds hit man for hire. Who needs morals when there is 100M in it for you.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...17-p50a5j.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Oh, also I would like to congratulate America in becoming the worlds hit man for hire. Who needs morals when there is 100M in it for you.

this has been the case for some time now (1:45)

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

this has been the case for some time now (1:45)
    It has, but they just paid..

inb4 sanctions oh wai-

neah, Trump will sell new set of tools

Everyone talks about how having information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton is a good way to end up dead, but what about all the people Trump has had killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Everyone talks about how having information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton is a good way to end up dead, but what about all the people Trump has had killed?
    He's now had Kassomoggie killed as well?

Would you like to know more? Y/N
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Donor

Racist faggots.
    THE LEFTS 14 WORDS REEEE
    Which are what?
    I have never heard more racial hatred than when I see white lefty protestors confront minorities that don't toe the line.

But these are people with belief systems based on racial identity, they are not fighting for equality it's not their goal and you don't even need to read between the lines to see it. They're the same group of people that gladly handed free speech advocacy from the left to the far right and I fucking hate them for it.

Are you sure these people are lefties, or just pink-hat radical centrists?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

I have never heard more racial hatred than when I see white lefty protestors confront minorities that don't toe the line.

But these are people with belief systems based on racial identity, they are not fighting for equality it's not their goal and you don't even need to read between the lines to see it. They're the same group of people that gladly handed free speech advocacy from the left to the far right and I fucking hate them for it.
    REEEE LEFTIES ARE THE WACISTS AND BIGOTS

And "free speech advocacy" on the right is a gigantic hypocritical pile of bollocks.

Stronk "rationalist skeptic" radical centrism in action right here.

Or maybe, just maybe, some are cunts and racist anyway, because people are shitters. However the belief base and platform is not and most aren't. As opposed to the other side of the coin. But nah. Fucking lefties eh.
    Last edited by Isyel; October 18 2018 at 01:17:14 AM.

Hey guys, Francis Fukuyama says history can start up again!

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...ught-come-back

What he says it should start up again when murica steps down as world police. Which will not be a pleasant process for anyone involved so i'd better grab some NZ citizenship while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

What he says it should start up again when murica steps down as world police. Which will not be a pleasant process for anyone involved so i'd better grab some NZ citizenship while you can.
    I don't think that whole "Escape to New Zealand" plan is as sound as people think it is.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Turtle engages in more projection: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ising-deficits
    McConnell Blames Entitlements, Not GOP, for Rising Deficits

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blamed rising federal deficits and debt on a bipartisan unwillingness to contain spending on Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, and said he sees little chance of a major deficit reduction deal while Republicans control Congress and the White House.

“It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem,” McConnell said Tuesday in an interview with Bloomberg News when asked about the rising deficits and debt. “It’s a bipartisan problem: unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future.”

McConnell’s remarks came a day after the Treasury Department said the U.S. budget deficit grew to $779 billion in Donald Trump’s first full fiscal year as president, the result of the GOP’s tax cuts, bipartisan spending increases and rising interest payments on the national debt. That’s a 77 percent increase from the $439 billion deficit in fiscal 2015, when McConnell became majority leader.

McConnell said it would be “very difficult to do entitlement reform, and we’re talking about Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid,” with one party in charge of Congress and the White House.

“I think it’s pretty safe to say that entitlement changes, which is the real driver of the debt by any objective standard, may well be difficult if not impossible to achieve when you have unified government,” McConnell said.
    Politically Unpopular

Shrinking those popular programs -- either by reducing benefits or raising the retirement age -- without a bipartisan deal would risk a political backlash in the next election. Trump promised during his campaign that he wouldn’t cut Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid, even though his budget proposals have included trims to all three programs.

McConnell said he had many conversations on the issue with former President Barack Obama, a Democrat.

“He was a very smart guy, understood exactly what the problem was, understood divided government was the time to do it, but didn’t want to, because it was not part of his agenda,” McConnell said.

“I think it would be safe to say that the single biggest disappointment of my time in Congress has been our failure to address the entitlement issue, and it’s a shame, because now the Democrats are promising ‘Medicare for all,”’ he said. “I mean, my gosh, we can’t sustain the Medicare we have at the rate we’re going and that’s the height of irresponsibility.”
    Divided Government

McConnell said the last major deal to overhaul entitlements occurred in the Reagan administration, when a Social Security package including an increase in the retirement age passed under divided government.

McConnell said he was the GOP Senate whip in 2005 when Republican President George W. Bush attempted a Social Security overhaul and couldn’t find any Democratic supporters.

“Their view was, you want to fix Social Security, you’ve got the presidency, you’ve got the White House, you’ve got the Senate, you go right ahead,” McConnell said. The effort collapsed.

The Office of Management and Budget has projected a deficit in the coming year of $1.085 trillion despite a healthy economy. And the Congressional Budget Office has forecast a return to trillion-dollar deficits by fiscal 2020.

During Trump’s presidency, Democrats and Republicans agreed to a sweeping deal to increase discretionary spending on defense and domestic programs, while his efforts to shrink spending on Obamacare mostly fell flat.
    Tax Cut

Republicans in December 2017 also passed a tax cut projected to add more than $1 trillion to the debt over a decade after leaders gave up on creating a plan that wouldn’t increase the debt under the Senate’s scoring rules.

At the time, McConnell told reporters, “I not only don’t think it will increase the deficit, I think it will be beyond revenue-neutral.” He added, “In other words, I think it will produce more than enough to fill that gap.”

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York responded Tuesday by saying McConnell and other Republicans “blew a $2 trillion hole in the federal deficit to fund a tax cut for the rich. To now suggest cutting earned middle-class programs like Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid as the only fiscally responsible solution to solve the debt problem is nothing short of gaslighting."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California said in a statement, “Under the GOP’s twisted agenda, we can afford tax cuts for billionaires, but not the benefits our seniors have earned.”
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d38b587437ad
    For months now, Democratic leaders and congressional candidates have argued that the budget-busting Republican tax cuts put Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid at risk.

It was only a matter of time, they warned, before the GOP seamlessly pivoted from adding $1.9 trillion to the national debt to decrying the poor state of the nation’s finances, as if they had nothing to do with it, and demanding that the budget be balanced on the back of the country’s three biggest social insurance programs. As evidence to support their concerns, Democrats had pointed to remarks by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately after the passage of the tax cut legislation, and more recently to comments by top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow.

On Tuesday, some three weeks before the midterm elections, Democrats received more ammunition for their narrative, this time from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

Asked in a Bloomberg News interview for his reaction to news that the annual budget deficit exploded in President Donald Trump’s first full fiscal year in office, McConnell played the part of serious-minded budget hawk.

“It’s very disturbing,” he replied. “And it’s driven by the three biggest entitlement programs that are very popular: Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid.”

McConnell went on to blame politicians in both parties for lacking the backbone to make cuts to programs due to their popularity. He argued that elected officials will never pass the needed reforms so long as one party has control of the federal government.

“It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem,” he said. “It’s a bipartisan problem: unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future.”

He concluded by lamenting that when then-President Barack Obama presided over a divided federal government, he lacked the will to take on the problem despite agreeing it needed to be done.

There is a lot to unpack in McConnell’s remarks. For one thing, Obama doggedly pursued a fiscal “grand bargain” several times in his first term that would have cut Social Security in exchange for some new revenue. A major factor in the collapse of those talks were the objections of an ultra-conservative faction of House Republicans to then-Speaker John Boehner offering Obama any new revenue.

What’s more, the debt is not currently a major problem; Social Security is essentially self-funded; and Medicare and Medicaid cost growth is as much due to the rise in the underlying health care costs as it is the country’s aging population. (Medicare has done a better job controlling that underlying cost growth than private insurance plans.)

And to be fair, unlike Ryan’s comments in December, McConnell conceded that the GOP would not risk cutting the programs he calls “entitlements” without Democratic buy-in.

But Democrats immediately seized on the remarks as confirmation of McConnell’s “two-step fiscal agenda,” as the Center for American Progress put it in the subject line of an email promoting a statement from CAP President Neera Tanden blasting McConnell.

Step One: Drive up the annual budget deficit. Step Two: Blame it on programs you’ve long had in your crosshairs for ideological reasons.

To Democrats, McConnell’s comments are of a piece with the grand designs of anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist, who once admitted that he sought to starve the federal government of resources in order to scale back its reach. After helping shepherd tax cuts during the presidency of George W. Bush in 2001, Norquist glibly declared that his goal was to shrink the federal government to the point “where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.”
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...