hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2383 of 2707 FirstFirst ... 138318832283233323732380238123822383238423852386239324332483 ... LastLast
Results 47,641 to 47,660 of 54132

Thread: USA Politics Thread

If flooding Facebook with retarded memes is all it takes to "subvert our democracy" is it really that stable to begin with? Collusion or not, at the end of the day votes is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    If flooding Facebook with retarded memes is all it takes to "subvert our democracy" is it really that stable to begin with? Collusion or not, at the end of the day votes is what matters.
    The point is that they werent flooded though; they were targetted with an extremely suspicious degree of accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

It's a shame you didn't start with arguing your point immediatly. You're overdoing this whole feigning a question bit when you already have made up your mind and it's getting tedious.
    This, tbqf. It's a bit tiresome.
    I like alistair but Yeah......i agree

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

The 2016 election was unusually sensitive to a small shift in voting patterns; Trump won the Electoral College on the back of about 20k votes in Wisconsin, 10k in Michigan, and 45k in Pennsylvania. For reference, to flip the 2012 result from Obama to Romney would have taken ~150k voters in Florida, ~175k in Florida, and ~150k in Virginia to flip.

Now bad@botes

Well the US opened itself up to attack from extreme politics as soon as it started to get dysfunctional and corrupt. But that doesn't negate what happened. We still got meddled with and it was also a bit more than just some memes off Facebook.

If flooding Facebook with retarded memes is all it takes to "subvert our democracy" is it really that stable to begin with?
    What democracy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Well the US opened itself up to attack from extreme politics as soon as it started to get dysfunctional and corrupt. But that doesn't negate what happened. We still got meddled with and it was also a bit more than just some memes off Facebook.
    Targeted hacks by Putin did it

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    From the article.

Stephen Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas, said the law is a red herring — since it’s never been used to prosecute anyone — and almost certainly would not apply to anything Kerry is doing.

“The act only applies to conduct that is designed to ‘defeat the measures of the United States’ or influence the conduct of foreign governments,” Vladeck said. “If all Kerry is doing is working to keep in place something that’s still technically a ‘measure of the United States,’ I don’t see how the statute would apply even if someone was crazy enough to try it.”
    So that's a no according to this law professor anyway. If he was working on derailing the agreement or you know, promising to lift russian sanctions in exchange for something, he would be in violation of the Logan act.
    Laughable no tbqh.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position.
    Kerry is an unauthorized citizen to negotiate, yes. Obviously, yes.

Iran and the U.S. have a dispute, yes. Obviously yes.

The current administration has said it s not for keeping the deal as it is, yes. Obviously, yes.

So yeah, pretty much a textbook Logan Act violation. If you don't look at it with Democrat colored glasses, of course.

With that said, the "no one has ever been prosecuted for it" is the part that matters. No one has. Same point many tried to make when Trump was being accused of Logan Act violations.

More importantly, I don't think it would stand up in court if prosecuted. Freedom of Speech is a powerful right, and getting into the details of what the definition of "negotiation" is in this context would be a kicker. Telling a foreign enemy state how to get one over on us isn't really negotiation per se, it's more like consulting.

I sure do hope that John Kerry has registered as an agent of a foreign government tho, I would hate to see him fall into the Manfort problem down the road.
    Kerry is not "negotiating" anything from what I can tell.
    Yes, I said that. It's more like consulting.

The agreement is in place and is thus US policy until the day that changes. Trump says all kinds of things, him being a flip flopper and a lier, so whatever he says means absolutley nothing until it's down on a piece of paper. I don't think he has any credibility and I'm pretty sure you agree with me.
    I do agree with you, yes.

It's a shame you didn't start with arguing your point immediatly. You're overdoing this whole feigning a question bit when you already have made up your mind and it's getting tedious.
    So, to be clear, you agree with me that he is not negotiating, agree with me that no formal policy change has taken place, then tell me I've "made up my mind" whatever that means?

Um, ok.

To be clear, I ask questions to start conversations. If I start with my own view, conversations tend to end as I get spammed by the usual suspects. If I just pose a question, folks get time to discuss it for a but first if they like.

In this case, I will say this, I do find it completely inappropriate to have a former U.S. Sec. State consulting with/for an enemy state as to how to get what they want from us. But it's not illegal and not collusion to break any law I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Alistair; May 7 2018 at 06:46:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The absolute most important question in this whole mess of a situation is did anyone collude with a foreign government to meddle in the election. End of story. There is no such thing as a 'free and fair' election when another country starts to mess around with it, and inviting them to do so is possibly the worst thing a person could do for the people. This goes for ALL election meddling (something the US has no issue with when its other countries and they are doing the meddling).
    Do you think the U.S., and those in power at the time who authorized it (if alive), should be prosecuted for it in some way?

Quite frankly, it mostly just looks like concern trolling.

I hate and love the internet age. This stuff isnt a new thing at all, just new tech. It is distracting tho but hey that is also not new.

So old wine in new bags as we say in Holland.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Of course a country of people who wear wooden shoes and lives under the sea level has a saying about wine in bags, because of course

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Of course a country of people who wear wooden shoes and lives under the sea level has a saying about wine in bags, because of course
    And here I thought wine in bags was only a cultural thing in Australia.

Goon-a-fortune: for when you absolutely positively don't have anything to do do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Goon-a-fortune: for when you absolutely positively don't have anything to do do tomorrow.
    We put our bag wine in boxes here.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

We put our bag wine in boxes here.
    We take our bag wine out of boxes here. Boxes are for wearing on the head.

Goon is such a good invention: hat, pillow and alcohol all in a single convenient package.

Last edited by Kai; May 7 2018 at 09:30:29 PM.

Ow you guys.....

Its an old one from the 16th century when the spanish kept fucking is over and we rebelled. The bag refers to the flagon (animal skin making a sack or bag which you fill with a liquid).
    You might have seen them in GOT.

German level triggered.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Fucking goon, I miss Australia sometimes lol

No mate. Big in Saffastan too.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    No mate. Big in Saffastan too.
    Now if only Dutton had made that argument "We should accept White Saffas as refugees because, like us, they enjoy goon."
    Last edited by Kai; May 8 2018 at 05:36:45 AM.