hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2401 of 2707 FirstFirst ... 140119012301235123912398239924002401240224032404241124512501 ... LastLast
Results 48,001 to 48,020 of 54123

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I'm sure Israel invested in one of the worlds most expensive missile defense systems for shits and giggles
    I take it back. You're a damned sight stupider than alistair.
    back to personal insults :sigh:

I'm sure Hamas would be entirely peaceful if Israel just opened up the gates and tore the fences down.

I guess at this point you'd be fully in support of Palestine getting their pound of revenge flesh.
    Do you think continuing the current route for Israel will make them more or less safe going forward? Do you think Israel is sustainable in the long run with this policy? Keep in mind that military tech gap is closing a lot faster then Israel likes.
    There is a reason Israel no longer bombs shit in Lebanon.

Israel have the very same problems South Africa had, Apartheid cannot be sustained forever and its corrupting the ones tasked with upholding it morally and mentally. Thats why things like "Breaking the silence" exists.
    The real issue is what happens the day it no longer works?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    As an interesting thought experiment, do you all condemn the other Arab states for treating Palestine as a political tool against Israel?

I haven't seen much vitriol directed at Egypt for sealing up the border on their end, for example

Israel /are/ at siege on all sides of their nation and have been since their creation.
    I don't think you get to pretend you're under siege when the territory you're pretending is your border is someone else's land.

I agree with most of that, as I've said multiple times in this thread
    Have you shite you daft cunt

As an interesting thought experiment, do you all condemn the other Arab states for treating Palestine as a political tool against Israel?

I haven't seen much vitriol directed at Egypt for sealing up the border on their end, for example
    Why should Egypt solve your mess?

Edit: Also your welcome to answer my question on Ukraine/Russia

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I'm sure Israel invested in one of the worlds most expensive missile defense systems for shits and giggles
    I take it back. You're a damned sight stupider than alistair.
    back to personal insults :sigh:

I'm sure Hamas would be entirely peaceful if Israel just opened up the gates and tore the fences down.

I guess at this point you'd be fully in support of Palestine getting their pound of revenge flesh.
    Do you think continuing the current route for Israel will make them more or less safe going forward? Do you think Israel is sustainable in the long run with this policy? Keep in mind that military tech gap is closing a lot faster then Israel likes.
    There is a reason Israel no longer bombs shit in Lebanon.

Israel have the very same problems South Africa had, Apartheid cannot be sustained forever and its corrupting the ones tasked with upholding it morally and mentally. Thats why things like "Breaking the silence" exists.
    The real issue is what happens the day it no longer works?
    Agreed completely

Why shouldn't they contribute to deescalation?

I missed your Ukraine/Russia bit, thread is moving too fast, I'll go check

This isn't an "interesting thought experiment". It's literally saying "yeah well what about the other arabs?!". You're parrotting the israeli government line near word for word.

Because
    1) It's not mass murder by a pseudo-western state under the encouragement of the US
    2) It's actually a legitimate, internationally recognised border
    and
    3) It was closed at Israel's behest to put pressure on Hamas, at the same time as they sealed off the rest of the Egyptian border with a FOGB fence despite relations with Egypt being at an all time high, so is a lot less to do with Egypt than it is Israel's concerted effort to ghettoise Gaza and starve the Palestinians there into submission.

And also, just in case there's any ambiguity, just because people haven't vocally complained about every little going on in a lengthy geopolitical conflict doesn't mean they've forfeited their right to comment on any event they damned well please. Especially when that event is sustained and deliberate mass murder.

Its a problem Israel created i donīt see the incentives for them to "solve" it for Israel. If you entertain the thought they would annex Gaza and let all trade flow freely into and out of it would Israel allow it? Why should they want to become an occupation power in Israel's stead?

Its a problem Israel created i donīt see the incentives for them to "solve" it for Israel. If you entertain the thought they would annex Gaza and let all trade flow freely into and out of it would Israel allow it? Why should they want to become an occupation power in Israel's stead?
    meh, any solution (two state?) to the issue will require the full support of the arab states, I'm not suggesting Egypt take over Gaza, obviously.

meh, any solution (two state?) to the issue will require the full support of the arab states, I'm not suggesting Egypt take over Gaza, obviously.
    Ohh so you think Egypt sealed its border with Gaza all on their own.. Ohh wow.

You do realised Israel and the US made that happen right? The same goes for the crackdown on tunnels a few years ago.

Ohh so you think Egypt sealed its border with Gaza all on their own.. Ohh wow.

You do realised Israel and the US made that happen right? The same goes for the crackdown on tunnels a few years ago.
    :shrug: if you only want to give Israel and the US any agency and ignore the arab states then you're just doing what you think I'm doing at this point

I'm gonna go to bed, it was a fun discussion when people weren't trying to "gotcha"

There of course is a few "real" reasons for Egypt to close it, among them cause Hamas is an offshot of the Muslim Brotherhood.

https://www.quora.com/Why-doesnt-Egy...inians-in-Gaza

In the West, Hamas is recognized as a terrorist organization.[3] It's not exactly popular in the Middle East either,[4] due to its association with the Muslim Brotherhood, of which it is an offshoot. The Muslim Brotherhood was outright banned in Egypt from 1954 to 2011 after the Muslim Brotherhood was suspected of organizing an assassination attempt on then-president Gamal Abdel Nasser. In spite of this, from the 1970's until 2011, the Muslim Brotherhood was the largest, and really the only, opposition party in Egyptian society.

So, as Egyptian policy was explicitly anti-Muslim Brotherhood until 2011, that Egypt participated in a blockade of territory that was under the control of a militant offshoot thereof from 2007 to 2011 is less than surprising.

Edit: Sissi banned the brotherhood and executed a large number of them upon taking power in the Coup.

..reads thread

.....walks away, post hast

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ..reads thread

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Yeah I was like 200 posts behind.. Now I want to just end it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

..reads thread

Why is he following Hast?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    ..reads thread

Why is he following Hast?
    *post-haste
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    I knew Xeno was bad, but his latest bout of vehemently defending genocide is some next level terrible.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I knew Xeno was bad, but his latest bout of vehemently defending genocide is some next level terrible.
    No, no, no.

It's not genocide when it's perpetrated by the victims of a genocide.

Q. f. Rwanda

Xeno hit one of his manic posting sessions I see.

Don't go off the Lithium dude.

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 16 2018 at 06:38:23 AM.