hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2400 of 2705 FirstFirst ... 140019002300235023902397239823992400240124022403241024502500 ... LastLast
Results 47,981 to 48,000 of 54086

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #47981

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Alright fam,Hamas totally aren't a morally bankrupt terrorist organisation using innocent lives as political currency
    I've never said they're not. The difference is Hamas is an expression of rage from a population forced to live in a ghetto, where any attempt at self determination is violently oppressed. Israel is supposed to be a legitimate nation state. Right now they're racking up a body count rivalled only by the conflict in Syria, all to cling on to a bunch of land that the entire world agrees they're illegally occupying.

    And you think we should be sympathising with them?

  2. #47982
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,598
    Arguing with Xeno is about as productive as arguing with alistar

  3. #47983
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Alright fam,Hamas totally aren't a morally bankrupt terrorist organisation using innocent lives as political currency
    I've never said they're not. The difference is Hamas is an expression of rage from a population forced to live in a ghetto, where any attempt at self determination is violently oppressed. Israel is supposed to be a legitimate nation state. Right now they're racking up a body count rivalled only by the conflict in Syria, all to cling on to a bunch of land that the entire world agrees they're illegally occupying.

    And you think we should be sympathising with them?
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.

  4. #47984
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    I have attended several protests/"riots" with aims to breach fences, guess what i haven t been shoot yet. Wonder why?

    Protesting in civilised places are not meet with deadly force unless the country is Israel or a dictatorship. And guess what Dictatorships indiscriminately shooting protestors are faced witch consequences from other countries unless its Israel since they are given carte blance by Trump. Other administrations have held Israel to account to some degree so they donīt go crazy.

    So in your view Protestors who got shoot in Ukraine was in the wrong, and previous Ukrainian leaders and Russia should just have executed all of them?

  5. #47985
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Arguing with Xeno is about as productive as arguing with alistar
    nice points scoring comment, you're welcome to join the discussion instead of pithy one liners

  6. #47986

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha

  7. #47987
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Alright fam,Hamas totally aren't a morally bankrupt terrorist organisation using innocent lives as political currency
    I've never said they're not. The difference is Hamas is an expression of rage from a population forced to live in a ghetto, where any attempt at self determination is violently oppressed. Israel is supposed to be a legitimate nation state. Right now they're racking up a body count rivalled only by the conflict in Syria, all to cling on to a bunch of land that the entire world agrees they're illegally occupying.

    And you think we should be sympathising with them?
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    Ehh Israel also rejects the two state solutions by annexing large parts of the west bank with increasing numbers of settlements. And saying they will never ever leave them.

    Edit: Yes i have a link and quote for that:
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...stay-1.5446461

    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared Monday that he will not evacuate Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

    "We are here to stay, forever," the prime minister said at an event in the settlement of Barkan, commemorating the 50th anniversary of Israel's occupation of the West Bank. "There will be no more uprooting of settlements in the land of Israel. It has been proven that it does not help peace," he said.
    Last edited by Caldrion Dosto; May 15 2018 at 09:53:21 PM.

  8. #47988

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Ehh Israel also rejects the two state solutions by annexing large parts of the west bank with increasing numbers of settlements. And saying they will never ever leave them.
    We've just had an israeli government spokesperson come onto the BBC to accuse it of being a mouthpiece of terrorism for daring to ask if killing 60 people was "showing restraint", follow that up the literal words "well what about syria?!" and then walking out of the interview.

    Grade A+ legitimate good faith negotiator right there

  9. #47989
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha
    >overlook

    I don't think anyone is overlooking that, and there should be an investigation into how it happened and what can be done to lessen the violence on both sides.

    If one of the solutions is a JDAM through the window of every Hamas member's barracks then so be it.

    you seem to be attacking a strawman that I never made at this point

  10. #47990

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    lessen the violence on both sides.
    This. This is the straw man. Do you know how much violence actually occurs in Israel?

  11. #47991
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha
    >overlook

    I don't think anyone is overlooking that, and there should be an investigation into how it happened and what can be done to lessen the violence on both sides.

    If one of the solutions is a JDAM through the window of every Hamas member's barracks then so be it.

    you seem to be attacking a strawman that I never made at this point
    What equally deadly violence have happen to Israel? Since your equating them i assume they happen equally often?

    I also lol at your suggestion theres "empty" land in Gaza one of the most densely populated places on earth.

  12. #47992
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha
    >overlook

    I don't think anyone is overlooking that, and there should be an investigation into how it happened and what can be done to lessen the violence on both sides.

    If one of the solutions is a JDAM through the window of every Hamas member's barracks then so be it.

    you seem to be attacking a strawman that I never made at this point
    What equally deadly violence have happen to Israel? Since your equating them i assume they happen equally often?

    I also lol at your suggestion theres "empty" land in Gaza one of the most densely populated places on earth.
    Can you try rewriting your post into something that's coherent, since I honestly don't know what you're trying to say

  13. #47993
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    lessen the violence on both sides.
    This. This is the straw man. Do you know how much violence actually occurs in Israel?
    I'm sure Israel invested in one of the worlds most expensive missile defense systems for shits and giggles

  14. #47994
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha
    >overlook

    I don't think anyone is overlooking that, and there should be an investigation into how it happened and what can be done to lessen the violence on both sides.

    If one of the solutions is a JDAM through the window of every Hamas member's barracks then so be it.

    you seem to be attacking a strawman that I never made at this point
    What equally deadly violence have happen to Israel? Since your equating them i assume they happen equally often?

    I also lol at your suggestion theres "empty" land in Gaza one of the most densely populated places on earth.
    Can you try rewriting your post into something that's coherent, since I honestly don't know what you're trying to say
    Reading comprehension is hard.

  15. #47995

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'm sure Israel invested in one of the worlds most expensive missile defense systems for shits and giggles
    I take it back. You're a damned sight stupider than alistair.

  16. #47996
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Hamas openly reject any notion of a two-state solution, something that the population is in favor of.

    So yeah, I'm alright with blaming them for much of the mess.
    So because Hamas don't believe Israel should exist we should overlook mass murder?

    Gotcha
    >overlook

    I don't think anyone is overlooking that, and there should be an investigation into how it happened and what can be done to lessen the violence on both sides.

    If one of the solutions is a JDAM through the window of every Hamas member's barracks then so be it.

    you seem to be attacking a strawman that I never made at this point
    What equally deadly violence have happen to Israel? Since your equating them i assume they happen equally often?

    I also lol at your suggestion theres "empty" land in Gaza one of the most densely populated places on earth.
    Can you try rewriting your post into something that's coherent, since I honestly don't know what you're trying to say
    Reading comprehension is hard.
    Alright, I struggled through your grammar and deciphered it.

    Not sure why you think I'm saying that the violence happens equally often tbh, since it clearly doesn't

    >empty land

    I don't mean a nice flat grassy field mate, I mean districts that have been turned to rubble/are in the "no building" zones (if you're referring to my "fake schools for free bombs" anecdote)

  17. #47997
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'm sure Israel invested in one of the worlds most expensive missile defense systems for shits and giggles
    I take it back. You're a damned sight stupider than alistair.
    back to personal insults :sigh:

    I'm sure Hamas would be entirely peaceful if Israel just opened up the gates and tore the fences down.

    I guess at this point you'd be fully in support of Palestine getting their pound of revenge flesh.

    Given the amount that I got shat on for "not considering both sides" in this very thread in the past I'm very amused at the absolute "black/white" views
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; May 15 2018 at 10:08:20 PM.

  18. #47998

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not sure why you think I'm saying that the violence happens equally often tbh
    Because you've repeatedly tried to paint a picture of Israel as a nation under siege by a determined, capable attacker. It's also how people will interpret the equivalence implied when you talk about "both sides" as if they're co-equal. Remember when trump talked about "both sides" when asked about nazis? It's that.

    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    back to personal insults :sigh:
    Yes, because you are that fucking stupid. Of course they've built an effective system of defence. They need it. However that's exactly why it is not acceptable to then occupy your neighbour state, ghettoise its population and engage in nigh-on unrestrained mass murder under the pretence that if you don't they're going to come howling over the fence for their "pound of revenge flesh"

    Israel has a right to self defence. Apartheid and mass murder are not self defence.

  19. #47999
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Arguing with Xeno is about as productive as arguing with alistar
    nice points scoring comment, you're welcome to join the discussion instead of pithy one liners
    What's the point you dont see poor brown people as human it womt go very far.

  20. #48000
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not sure why you think I'm saying that the violence happens equally often tbh
    Because you've repeatedly tried to paint a picture of Israel as a nation under siege by a determined, capable attacker. It's also how people will interpret the equivalence implied when you talk about "both sides" as if they're co-equal. Remember when trump talked about "both sides" when asked about nazis? It's that.
    Israel /are/ at siege on all sides of their nation and have been since their creation. The fact that their neighbors are too incompetent to finish the job doesn't diminish the threat they're under.

    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    back to personal insults :sigh:
    Yes, because you are that fucking stupid. Of course they've built an effective system of defence. They need it. However that's exactly why it is not acceptable to then occupy your neighbour state, ghettoise its population and engage in nigh-on unrestrained mass murder under the pretence that if you don't they're going to come howling over the fence for their "pound of revenge flesh"

    Israel has a right to self defence. Apartheid and mass murder are not self defence.
    I agree with most of that, as I've said multiple times in this thread

    I don't see a realistic solution though, as I've said multiple times in this thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •