hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2387 of 2416 FirstFirst ... 1387188722872337237723842385238623872388238923902397 ... LastLast
Results 47,721 to 47,740 of 48309

Thread: USA Politics Thread

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...r-campaign?amp

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the unclassified version of its investigation into Russian cyberattacks on digital U.S. voting systems ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

The report finds that Moscow conducted an "unprecedented, coordinated cyber campaign" against the nation's voting infrastructure. Through its investigation, the committee found that Russia-linked hackers were in a position to "alter or delete voter registration data" in a small number of states before the 2016 vote.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Alistair "Vote for Roy Moore > Vote for Hillary Clinton" pretending he's not so deeply biased as the basis for his arguments is the entertainment I needed tonight.

Also, I know I'd hate to have to deal with Daniel's lawyer, but for the kind dumb he's tangoing with, his attitude and character are the perfect foil.

#dumb lol
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; May 9 2018 at 03:56:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    In FAR more interesting news, Trump just withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11

Maybe now folks will finally agree that doing this deal as a presidential action, instead of a ratified treaty, was not the right route to go.
    Its almost like the party with a majority in Congress wasn't interested in a non-violent solution to the problem...
    Do you believe the treaty "solves the problem" of Iran becoming a Nuclear Power?
    Yes. To say otherwise means you are biased.

All international orgs involved in the deal agree that Iran has followed it. They are no longer developing nuclear weapons. Even the top ranks of the national security community, which are usually very conservative when it comes to Iran, agree that the deal is working.

So what you have left is partisan whackjobs like John Bolton who are against the deal for their own ends.

Would you rather trust the likes of General Mattis and HR McMaster, or the usual Iran agitators on Fox News? Hmmmm... :thinking:
    No doubts at all. /shrug, ok.

Feels like Deja Vu tbqh, sounds exactly like talk about NK before NK got their nukes.

So the U.S. is backing out, but everyone else is still in and will refuse to join in on Trump's sanctions.

Will the deal survive? If Iran has a deal with all those other Great Nations, a deal that's working, that Iran is ok with and wants to adhere to and would surely never go around, surely they'll stay in it even without the U.S. right?
    Sometimes Alistair can be so fucking fox news retarded it physically hurts to read his posts.

F
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Well hello...

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...09-p4ze4u.html

Edit?: I see im late to the party
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; May 9 2018 at 04:48:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

So to be clear, Inspectors are unable to look at other "non-nuclear" or otherwise undeclared sites without the IAEA supporting it and proof/cause as to why to look.

I.e. they could be working on them at Military sites and no one could know so no proof so no one inspecting.
    Yes because everyone in the IAEA are idiots. Also, the Iranians probably have a secret moonbase so the inspectors are useless anyway.

>When even the Israeli intelligence thinks they're currently not developing nukes but you still pull hard on the Republicant FAKE NEWS line
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

In the end it who cares , US seems to be stuck in ME as long as Israel and Saudis want .

In FAR more interesting news, Trump just withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11

Maybe now folks will finally agree that doing this deal as a presidential action, instead of a ratified treaty, was not the right route to go.
    Its almost like the party with a majority in Congress wasn't interested in a non-violent solution to the problem...
    Do you believe the treaty "solves the problem" of Iran becoming a Nuclear Power?
    Yes. To say otherwise means you are biased.

All international orgs involved in the deal agree that Iran has followed it. They are no longer developing nuclear weapons. Even the top ranks of the national security community, which are usually very conservative when it comes to Iran, agree that the deal is working.

So what you have left is partisan whackjobs like John Bolton who are against the deal for their own ends.

Would you rather trust the likes of General Mattis and HR McMaster, or the usual Iran agitators on Fox News? Hmmmm... :thinking:
    No doubts at all. /shrug, ok.

Feels like Deja Vu tbqh, sounds exactly like talk about NK before NK got their nukes.

So the U.S. is backing out, but everyone else is still in and will refuse to join in on Trump's sanctions.

Will the deal survive? If Iran has a deal with all those other Great Nations, a deal that's working, that Iran is ok with and wants to adhere to and would surely never go around, surely they'll stay in it even without the U.S. right?
    no, a more apt comparison is that of Iraqis WMD's, now how did that story go again and how many corpses did that pile up ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    no, a more apt comparison is that of Iraqis WMD's, now how did that story go again and how many corpses did that pile up ?
    fewer than saddam!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Alistair your bias is showing, HARD.

Germany is Iran's biggest trade partner and the deal included us for that reason. As you may be aware, Germans don't like war and have a huge aversion towards nuclear weapons. If there had been any indications that Iran was skirting the agreement, there would have been a huge media frenzy here. Our biggest tabloid is very pro-Israel (founded right after the war, it's a core tenet of the paper) and they would have happily jumped on any indication that Iran was going rogue. But there was nothing, in fact they disproved every single point Trump made. It was literally only Trump and Fox News.
    MFW Bild does the fact checking and it's good.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Meanwhile, at the State department.

QUESTION: But one of the pillars was keeping the JCPOA, which he made certain to emphasize repeatedly.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: Right, but he tweeted today something that seemed to indicate to me a French willingness to work with us.

QUESTION: So you guys have a positive tweet out of it. That’s amazing.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: Well, as a heuristic of the French Government’s attitude, yeah, I think that’s fair.

QUESTION: A senior European diplomat who has been dealing with these talks described dealing with State today as the deafening sound of U.S. diplomats running for cover, unable to explain to allies and partners why this is happening, still less what happens next. So it doesn’t seem like you guys are nearly on the same page.
    ~ transcript of 'Background Briefing on President Trump's Decision To Withdraw From the JCPOA'

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Meanwhile, at the State department.

QUESTION: But one of the pillars was keeping the JCPOA, which he made certain to emphasize repeatedly.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: Right, but he tweeted today something that seemed to indicate to me a French willingness to work with us.

QUESTION: So you guys have a positive tweet out of it. That’s amazing.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: Well, as a heuristic of the French Government’s attitude, yeah, I think that’s fair.

QUESTION: A senior European diplomat who has been dealing with these talks described dealing with State today as the deafening sound of U.S. diplomats running for cover, unable to explain to allies and partners why this is happening, still less what happens next. So it doesn’t seem like you guys are nearly on the same page.
    ~ transcript of 'Background Briefing on President Trump's Decision To Withdraw From the JCPOA'
    Hilarious scenes!

QUESTION: Well, why not keep the structure of the deal and address these concerns on the side, as has been discussed for the last few months?

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: Well, I think as the President laid out, that the problem with the deal was that it reduced our ability to pressure Iran, right. It essentially cordoned off this huge area of the Iranian economy and said, “Hey, we know about the IRGC’s penetration of the economy. We know Iran’s doing all this nefarious, malign activities in the region. But because of this nuclear angle, which is only one aspect of Iran’s behavior – a critical one, but just one – you essentially can’t sanction these entities that are involved in all this other stuff.”

QUESTION: So wait, just – so the United States has basically no economic relationships right now with the Iranians, right? So there is no power of U.S. sanctions to prevent – in preventing U.S. economic activity. The only power that U.S. sanctions have is in preventing European and other economic activity, right?

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: Secondary sanctions.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: The secondary sanctions, correct.

QUESTION: Why get out of the deal until you know for sure that Europe is going to go along with that secondary sanction activity or whether you’re – they’ll fight you? Because if they fight you, you’re going to be in a worse situation vis-a-vis Iran than you are now and than you are previously, right? So you don’t actually know – you’re saying that the President’s going to start this global coalition, but you don’t actually know whether even your closest allies are going to be part of that coalition, right?

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: The President made clear on January 12th that he was giving a certain number of months to try to – for – try to get a supplemental agreement with the E3. We didn’t get there. We got close. We made a – we had movement, a ton of good progress, which will not be wasted, but we didn’t get there. So he was clear January 12th that if we don’t get this supplemental, he’s withdrawing the United States from the JCPOA, and that’s what he did. That being said, you could even see that President Macron tweeted only a few minutes after the President finished his statement that France is eager to be part of an effort – I forget the exact words, but part of an effort on a broader deal that addresses the nuclear file but also --

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: Syria, Yemen.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: -- Syria, Yemen, and others. So you already see – you already see from President Macron a willingness to work on a broader deal; you see from the Saudis have also issued a statement supporting our withdrawal; the Israelis did as well. No one is saying this is going to be easy, right, but the President made clear his intention on January 12th. He made good on that – on that promise.

QUESTION: You don’t know right now whether you’re going to be in a better place or in a worse place; is that what you’re saying?

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: No, we think we’re going to be in a better place.

SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: No, we know we’re --

QUESTION: But you don’t know.
    And it goes on and on like this ... good questions BTW, those poor state department officials were getting clobbered out there ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Alistair "Vote for Roy Moore > Vote for Hillary Clinton" pretending he's not so deeply biased as the basis for his arguments is the entertainment I needed tonight.
    If even I needed a singular post example of how over the top hyperbole ridden shithole this forum is, this would be it.

Doubts regarding Iran honesty on getting Nukes now = Vote for Roy Fucking Moore?

Amazingly ignorant scenes as usual.

Lockstep with the Euro-hivemind, or you're literally a Republican-Trump-Cock-Sucking-Literal Nazi.

If even I needed a singular post example of how over the top hyperbole ridden shithole this forum is, this would be it.

Doubts regarding Iran honesty on getting Nukes now = Vote for Roy Fucking Moore?

Lockstep with the Euro-hivemind, or you're literally a Republican-Trump-Cock-Sucking-Literal Nazi.
    it would help if you stopped reciting fox news talking points.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

But his feeeeelings but bad brown but just being logical

Much better to have Cuck l'Orange retard his way through the complete world order, because 30% of the American population are selfish pricks who want to turn the world into a shithole because the bad brown people are starting to have too many nice things.
    meh

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Nobody called you a nazi, just an idiot

But your victim complex fox news "DAMN EUROS" bullshit will keep going

Because only Fox news hold this opinion, hence any question related to that question marks one as a definitive Roy Moore voting Trumpite who probably stomps on kittens, right?

No one else in the entire world thinks Iran is a bad actor who maybe shouldn't be trusted to adhere, or to in any way think the deal could/should have been better or done more? Right? Right, it's all about hating brown people!

Again, you've all convinced yourselves that any opposition to your own views is a FOX-led conspiracy of evil racist gay-bashing Nazi women abusers who crave oil and war and hate old people and kittens and children.

It is seriously comical, but incredibly tiring. You simply cannot deviate from the group-think here without a dozen hyperbole-ridden posts about Roy Moore and Fox News ffs.

And if you get annoyed at a dozen replies accusing you of this or that, you get told you have a "victim complex" and get a dozen more posts attacking you for that.

Fuck that waste of time.

Because only Fox news hold this opinion, hence any question related to that question marks one as a definitive Roy Moore voting.... lots of no doubt dumb shit i did not read goes here
    Literately only fox news and the neocon establishment are presenting the arguments you are in the US, granted both Israel, that we all know have it's cock so far up america's arse they're basically a parasite at this point, and Saudi Arabia has a significant interest in keeping Iran outside the door.

when it quacks like a neocon and it walks like a neocon then it's most likely a fucking neocon and can be safely labelled as such.

why the fuck do you think European heads of state fought so hard to keep this deal afloat ? bringing Iran out of the moronic sanctions provide a regional counterweight to Saudi Arabia that is, if anything a great deal more sane to deal with to boot. moreover the whole thing was a triumph of diplomacy over sabre rattling, it was a genuine, and badly needed bright spot in terms of the UN's prestige and it's ability to actually function as a arbiter of international relations.

all Trump has accomplished is to strongly underline that doing diplomatic deals with the united states is meaningless, you dumb fucks will renege on the terms willy nilly and do everything in your power to undermine the agreements you, yourself signed. all this has achieved is to further isolate the US position in the world and further the goals of a de-facto ethnostate and a totalitarian theocratic monarchy.

good fucking job lads.
    Last edited by Liare; May 9 2018 at 05:28:48 PM.
    Viking, n.: