hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2293 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 129317932193224322832290229122922293229422952296230323432393 ... LastLast
Results 45,841 to 45,860 of 49377

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Mueller has obtained a personal letter from Trump to Putin with a handwritten note.

At the bottom of the typed letter, Trump scrawled a postscript adding that he looked forward to seeing "beautiful" women during his trip.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...565_story.html

Do you all seriously subscribe to Washington 'Amazon.com' Post? The amount of times I see it dropped here is really annoying.

Heres a link on the above story for those of us who aren't lining Jeff Bezos' pocket. http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-miss-universe

Quite frankly, Bezos is probably way less distasteful than most of the people running other news outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Do you all seriously subscribe to Washington 'Amazon.com' Post? The amount of times I see it dropped here is really annoying.
    WaPo comes free with a Prime membership in Hillary's Death Squads.
    Last edited by Don Rumata; March 10 2018 at 01:37:46 AM.

Pentagon memo provides details on Trump’s military parade: No tanks

The Pentagon appears ready to fulfill President Donald Trump's dream of carrying out a military parade in Washington D.C., according to a guidance memo from the Office of the Secretary of Defense obtained by NBC News on Friday.

The event will include "no tanks," but it will play host to "a heavy air component at the end of the parade, to include older aircraft as available," the memo states. The route will be from the White House to the U.S. Capitol Building.

As previously reported, the parade is to take place in November — on Veterans Day to be specific — and it "will focus on the contributions of our Veterans throughout the history of the U.S. Military, starting from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 to today, with an emphasis on the price of freedom," according to the memo.

The parade "will integrate with the annual D.C. Veteran's Day Parade," and will also "highlight the evolution of women Veterans formations in World War II to today's integrated formations," the memo states.

The cost of the parade, however, remains unclear.

Critics have largely panned the idea since Trump proposed it earlier this year, worrying that it would be a display of authoritarianism, carry a hefty price tag — tens of millions of dollars by some estimates — and damage the roads in Washington D.C.

The memo says only aircraft and "wheeled vehicles" will be used — no tanks — to "minimize damage to local infrastructure."

Last September, Trump shared how impressed he was by the Bastille Day celebrations in Paris, where he visited French President Emmanuel Macron and concluded "to a large extent, because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4th in Washington, down Pennsylvania Avenue."

And, Trump told the Washington Post in January 2017, he wants to put the military on display.

"Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country,” Trump said. “And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military."
    It will also include "period uniforms", I am half expecting to see Confederate soldiers marching.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    WaPo comes free with a Prime membership in Hillary's Death Squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Amazing trade scenes. Tariffs will go into effect in 15 days, Canada and Mexico will be exempt ONLY during those two weeks while negotiations continue over NAFTA.

They're trying to spin it here that Australia will get the pass we were promised but in reality we also get the same 15 day window as everyone else to plead a case. Trump saying on TV we're a long term partner and the US enjoys a trade surplus with us, but doesn't actually say we're exempt. The PM literally parroting Trump but can't actually say we're exempt. The government here is probably sweating bullets because they've proven to be quite useless and are struggling domestically. They're also pretty spinless so I expect even if we get the exemption we were promised last year it'll still come at the cost of a face-full of orange pubes.
    AHAHA

AHAHA

AHAHA

Your intelligence agency is probably going to have to report directly to the CIA from now on

Your intelligence agency is probably going to have to report directly to the CIA from now on
    They have one?

We have our own alphabet soup.

Fun fact, we got penetrated so hard - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - during the Cold War, the US turned off the tap on sharing secrets with us for a while.

EDIT: in fact, our head of intelligence at the time might have gone slightly loopy as a result. Reds under the bed, n'all that jazz.
    Last edited by Sparq; March 10 2018 at 02:19:08 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Will it be the neon-green light for a new US base in Darwin or will we be threading half our Navy through the Paracels to appease Donny?

The best possible outcome.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Mate, Australia is already a vassal. He has to vassal the U.K.

Mueller has obtained a personal letter from Trump to Putin with a handwritten note.

At the bottom of the typed letter, Trump scrawled a postscript adding that he looked forward to seeing "beautiful" women during his trip.
    The pee pee tapes are real

I do love how you leave out the year from that post.

Don/10.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Mate, Australia is already a vassal. He has to vassal the U.K.
    Correct, but we're also pretty easy.

The Pentagon appears ready to fulfill President Donald Trump's dream of carrying out a military parade in Washington D.C., according to a guidance memo from the Office of the Secretary of Defense obtained by NBC News on Friday.

The event will include "no tanks," but it will play host to "a heavy air component at the end of the parade, to include older aircraft as available," the memo states. The route will be from the White House to the U.S. Capitol Building.

As previously reported, the parade is to take place in November — on Veterans Day to be specific — and it "will focus on the contributions of our Veterans throughout the history of the U.S. Military, starting from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 to today, with an emphasis on the price of freedom," according to the memo.

The parade "will integrate with the annual D.C. Veteran's Day Parade," and will also "highlight the evolution of women Veterans formations in World War II to today's integrated formations," the memo states.

Critics have largely panned the idea since Trump proposed it earlier this year, worrying that it would be a display of authoritarianism, carry a hefty price tag — tens of millions of dollars by some estimates — and damage the roads in Washington D.C.

The memo says only aircraft and "wheeled vehicles" will be used — no tanks — to "minimize damage to local infrastructure."

Last September, Trump shared how impressed he was by the Bastille Day celebrations in Paris, where he visited French President Emmanuel Macron and concluded "to a large extent, because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4th in Washington, down Pennsylvania Avenue."

And, Trump told the Washington Post in January 2017, he wants to put the military on display.

"Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country,” Trump said. “And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military."
    It will also include "period uniforms", I am half expecting to see Confederate soldiers marching.
    Considering the approval of the military in the US and how often the military is present at public events, I am really surprised at the negativity towards the parade. Or the idea in general. Lots of nations do them, France of course, there Trump got the idea. And I wouldn't call France authoritarian.

I wish we would still do them, but people get weird when I suggest that. Oh well, at least we got Chile to keep the tradition alive.
    nevar forget

Glorification of the military is a cheap patriotic stunt which normalises class violence and suppresses class consciousness among the working classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Considering the approval of the military in the US and how often the military is present at public events, I am really surprised at the negativity towards the parade. Or the idea in general. Lots of nations do them, France of course, there Trump got the idea. And I wouldn't call France authoritarian.

I wish we would still do them, but people get weird when I suggest that. Oh well, at least we got Chile to keep the tradition alive.
    It’s more “everyone knows we have the most powerful military, why do we need to impress people with stuff that’s obvious”. It’s gauche and basically a massively beta move. Seeking approval. Typical Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

It’s more “everyone knows we have the most powerful military, why do we need to impress people with stuff that’s obvious”. It’s gauche and basically a massively beta move. Seeking approval. Typical Trump.
    And yet you have planes do fly overs at sport events, military recruiting at high schools, people will randomly walk up to a soldier in uniform and thank them for their service etc. You guys fetishize your military.
    nevar forget